New Year's Adventure

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 311 battles
  • [WG]

The New Year is approaching, which means World of Tanks Blitz is getting festive once again! Sparkling snow and a fluffy fir tree will soon decorate your Garage. From December 18 , you'll be able to collect Cards, which will allow you to fill up Christmas Boxes with gold and win rewards from the New Year's Adventure event!

Full news text

kamikazekid666 #2 Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22029 battles

You should Bring back the tier 1-4 tanks instead of this typer of b-crap

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22411 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Brilliant another overly complex event with an impossible grind for people with a life!

So will be ok for me ;)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

TangoAlpha1 #4 Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 57711 battles
  • [TENC]
Nothing sucks the joy out of Christmas like World of Tanks Blitz seasonal shake down of the ignorant and dumb, season greetings to all at WarGaming!

WoT_Blitz_CC11 #5 Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2840 battles
  • [WGPR]
You guys didn't even participated in the event nor has it even started.
BlitzFair 2016 was epic(aside from the M60 communication fail).
BlitzFair 2017 was.. unfair in all points.

So ultimately we have had 2 BlitzFairs and one was epic, one was not - So why be so negative about it at a 50% success rate? I mean we have a huge customization event with decorating the garage like in World of Tanks PC, we have some lootboxes that have to proove themselves as fair, interesting content to win and on top two very awesome Tanks: T-22 SR and T95E6.
Doesn't sound that bad now, right? :great:

Cheers, Calisota_WG 

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22411 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Keep drinking the kool-aid.

I’ll bet it sucks more than the 2017 one, it’s just uneedlessly complex - lots of daft new currencies - candy canes - check, tickets - check,  crates - check, life destroying grind - decorating trees - check, reverse auction with prices that go from oil baron only to eye-watering - check...

I’m sure I’ll have missed something!

Having said that I’ll play as usual and see what I can pick up for free and if I need to spend 2/3k gold for a tank I don’t have and fancy I may buy it but I’ll still moan about the complexity and prices, it’s my birth right as an Englishman to whinge :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

totalais #7 Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34667 battles
  • [L_U_P]
I guess It will be a pretty interesting event since you have the in game event and if I got it right you will have the Christmas tree decorating event on the wotblitz portal page? 

RynnivaTykki #8 Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 54559 battles
  • [KORPI]

WG, are you kidding?? Especially with the crates and the auction.

1) Crates

Gold crates cost 1500 gold and give only a 3% chance to get a Lucky Ticket, and thus a premium tank. So on average a tank would cost 50000 gold with these crates! All the other rewards from this crate are basically crap, so we can ignore them.

Free XP crates are even worse, costing 50000 free XP and giving only 1% chance. So the average cost for a premium tank climbs up to FIVE MILLION free XP. Again the other rewards are almost worthless. Sure you can get gold, but I bet the chance to get any meaningfull amounts is just about... 1 %.

2) Auction

First, it seems only gold can be used in the auction, no free XP. WTF?? This is how you treat your most active players who have spent the whole year collecting XP, really?

Second, "After a week, the original lots (=tanks) will be removed, even if they haven't sold out" How dare you call it an auction if you don't sell the stuff?? Of course the prices will be extortionate at first, and then drop to merely expensive. And if they don't sell you just quit? LOL.

As someone phrased it perfectly on Discord: this year's event is a complete ripoff.

WG, you are trying so hard to ruin your reputation. Just awesome!

TangoAlpha1 #9 Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 57711 battles
  • [TENC]

View PostCalisota_WG, on 16 December 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

You guys didn't even participated in the event nor has it even started.
BlitzFair 2016 was epic(aside from the M60 communication fail).
BlitzFair 2017 was.. unfair in all points.

So ultimately we have had 2 BlitzFairs and one was epic, one was not - So why be so negative about it at a 50% success rate? I mean we have a huge customization event with decorating the garage like in World of Tanks PC, we have some lootboxes that have to proove themselves as fair, interesting content to win and on top two very awesome Tanks: T-22 SR and T95E6.
Doesn't sound that bad now, right? :great:

Cheers, Calisota_WG 

Season Greetings to you, Calisota WG!

Not interested in customisations or associated guff, but it will be popular from those who like that kind of thing, I’m sure.

Lootboxes are never fair so definitely no good for those who have had their fingers burned before on gamble events, struggle with addiction, or those with shallow pockets.

Then add in a convoluted grind event for tanks that only those with more time and money than sense will get, a lotto with loads of tanks I’m don’t want in amongst some that I do so won’t be partaking in that, and an auction that usually takes the price down to a normal for WG price from an initial highly inflated price, a giveaway collectible that once was great but is now redundant, so you’ll have to forgive me for being a bit humbug about it, it’s not a festive event, it’s a con and we all know it!

Anyway, that aside, I wish you and all who work hard on our behalf seasons greetings, I hope you get all you deserve and remember to please drink responsibly!

Victor_111 #10 Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30436 battles

Hey Guyz,, long time no see.

I can't seem to find the auction page. They clearly state that for Europe, it (shell) begin on 18-12-18 at 14:00. Am i missing something? Could you enlighten me. Thanks in advance . P. 

Turtle_Team #11 Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 909 battles
in my experience so far Free XP crates cost 50000 free XP and give you 1 camo, no canes no nothing and camo for a tank I don't even own, what a joke I thought you would get canes with every crate.

Turtle_Team #12 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 909 battles
buying crates for cash was even worse, 11.99 for a crate and I got 1000 gold worth less than half of that and some certificates to earn some extra xp. . . they could learn a lot from the pc world of tanks as you always get at least the cost of the crate in value whether it is premium time or gold, this system in blitz is just pure gambling.

Turtle_Team #13 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 909 battles

View PostRynnivaTykki, on 17 December 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

WG, are you kidding?? Especially with the crates and the auction.

1) Crates

Gold crates cost 1500 gold and give only a 3% chance to get a Lucky Ticket, and thus a premium tank. So on average a tank would cost 50000 gold with these crates! All the other rewards from this crate are basically crap, so we can ignore them.

Free XP crates are even worse, costing 50000 free XP and giving only 1% chance. So the average cost for a premium tank climbs up to FIVE MILLION free XP. Again the other rewards are almost worthless. Sure you can get gold, but I bet the chance to get any meaningfull amounts is just about... 1 %.

2) Auction

First, it seems only gold can be used in the auction, no free XP. WTF?? This is how you treat your most active players who have spent the whole year collecting XP, really?

Second, "After a week, the original lots (=tanks) will be removed, even if they haven't sold out" How dare you call it an auction if you don't sell the stuff?? Of course the prices will be extortionate at first, and then drop to merely expensive. And if they don't sell you just quit? LOL.

As someone phrased it perfectly on Discord: this year's event is a complete ripoff.

WG, you are trying so hard to ruin your reputation. Just awesome!

yep, Just blew several years worth of free xp and got nothing but some unless camo for tanks I don't own or want, To rub salt in the wound the box brought with cash just gave me some free xp certificates and 1000 gold for nearly 12 quid

Chairman_merpug #14 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37915 battles
  • [AFK]
TANSTAAFL.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Turtle_Team #15 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 909 battles
just blew all my remaining gold on crates, the crates just gave backgrounds and camo. . . worst thing was I  was thinking at least when all the worthless stuff was gone I would have to get some good stuff by default but turns out you can get multiples of the same backgrounds worth a whopping 1 candy cane each. . . cant do anything with multiple majestic backgrounds, cant break them down, sell them or anything, truly utterly useless crates.

BoarBah #16 Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17168 battles
  • [--D--]
Why do I only seem to be getting cards for tier V and above? I didn't see any mention of that requirement. I've played some tier IV games and didn't get any cards even though they were first victory and 2x multiplier.

Victor_111 #17 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30436 battles

View PostVictor_111, on 18 December 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hey Guyz,, long time no see.

I can't seem to find the auction page. They clearly state that for Europe, it (shell) begin on 18-12-18 at 14:00. Am i missing something? Could you enlighten me. Thanks in advance . P. 

It has been a few hours now and still haven't got a response. Not even a basic response from an official party. P. 

Edited by Victor_111, 18 December 2018 - 08:02 PM.

Turtle_Team #18 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 909 battles

View PostVictor_111, on 18 December 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

It has been a few hours now and still haven't got a response. Not even a basic response from an official party. P. 

click on the new year ripoff link on the main game screen, click on decorate tree in the top right, it takes you to the portal and the auction link is in the top left

Edited by Turtle_Team, 18 December 2018 - 08:07 PM.

Victor_111 #19 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30436 battles

Sorry but maybe I'm just stupid. Clicked on all the trees including the one in my living room. Nothing Happened...Where the hell is it? Hey man....I m not looking for trouble, I just want an MK6 wt hell. I ll give you 50 bucks if u got one...P.S. , do you mean tree in front of the tank?

Edited by Victor_111, 18 December 2018 - 08:17 PM.

Victor_111 #20 Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30436 battles

View PostVictor_111, on 18 December 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Sorry but maybe I'm just stupid. Clicked on all the trees including the one in my living room. Nothing Happened...Where the hell is it? Hey man....I m not looking for trouble, I just want an MK6 wt hell. I ll give you 50 bucks if u got one...P.S. , do you mean tree in front of the tank?

Hear NoW, Hear Now... In continuation to my previous (obviously) stupid questions... I FOUND THE EDITED(sshhhhh, starts with f finishes with er and has a k in the middle) ...Its on the side where nobody ever looks when going in such pages and ...TATAAAA.. No Auction... Auction has the discipline of bidding more money than another dude.. (or just give it backhand at another higher price if u wanna skip the bidding) and IMMEDIATELY getting what you want.. ALTHOUGH .. I thought in this instance "give 50-70 euros and get my M60 or MK6..(i mean come on... i like an i support (Edit it, I ll do it this time) BUT WAIT,,,THEEEEERES MORE.. Still no tank... Instead i gotta go decorate a tree with my daughter on her pad So after all this i respectfully disagree..P. Feel free to ask questions. 

Edited by Victor_111, 18 December 2018 - 08:41 PM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users