Fugit555 (me) for Community Contributor!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Fugit555 #1 Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]

Ok, well I stole the idea from IrmaBecx but I am shameless like that!

So, ok, I don't have shed loads of subs on my YT channel, but its only been a month really and I haven't spent a penny on advertising my little channel. Ok, so its not unique because there are lots of channels out there and many run by better players than I would ever be. Ok, so I am not a complete WOTB nerd (sorry not implying others are, but I get most my information from blitzhanger and experience, or lack of) .... but, and its a big but, I think I would make a good CC and bridge the gap between the big damage guys and the rest of blitz.

I know this thread will never really amount to me becoming a CC, but I am more interested to know if you guys, my peers, think I have what it actually takes - i know 100 people seem to think so lol

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and one day, just one day, things may happen! Until then, keep sending those replays!

p.s. Sorry IrmaBecx for palagarising your book cover, but I only stole 10% really so its within copyright (just about)

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28430 battles
  • [BT_SV]

If it was a democratic process you’d get my vote....

GL!

547146227.png

Fugit555 #3 Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]
Purposely put this one off topic :harp:

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26086 battles
  • [AFK]

These days, apparently you need a few thousand subscribers to be a Youtuber Community Contributor...

I asked, but they said "no". Sorry. :)

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

VonPottypoop #5 Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20895 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 16 December 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

These days, apparently you need a few thousand subscribers to be a Youtuber Community Contributor...

I asked, but they said "no". Sorry. :)

Congratulations on the new role as a moderator.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

VonPottypoop #6 Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20895 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostFugit555, on 15 December 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Ok, well I stole the idea from IrmaBecx but I am shameless like that!

So, ok, I don't have shed loads of subs on my YT channel, but its only been a month really and I haven't spent a penny on advertising my little channel. Ok, so its not unique because there are lots of channels out there and many run by better players than I would ever be. Ok, so I am not a complete WOTB nerd (sorry not implying others are, but I get most my information from blitzhanger and experience, or lack of) .... but, and its a big but, I think I would make a good CC and bridge the gap between the big damage guys and the rest of blitz.

I know this thread will never really amount to me becoming a CC, but I am more interested to know if you guys, my peers, think I have what it actually takes - i know 100 people seem to think so lol

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and one day, just one day, things may happen! Until then, keep sending those replays!

p.s. Sorry IrmaBecx for palagarising your book cover, but I only stole 10% really so its within copyright (just about)

we will push more on Discord and across the clans for more subscribers, we can get it up a little but I see a fair few are not from the FTC clans so the word is starting to spread.

​Very proud leader of the Fun-Tan-Clan 

IrmaBecx #7 Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26086 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostVonPottypoop, on 17 December 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

we will push more on Discord and across the clans for more subscribers, we can get it up a little but I see a fair few are not from the FTC clans so the word is starting to spread.

That's the way to do it.

I know it's easy for me to say, but having a press account isn't all that, and except for having an open line of communication with Wargaming, that is literally the only difference between Fugit and myself, or any of the other CCs. I already felt like a contributor to the community when I applied to get the actual title, and getting it didn't actually change anything; other than having a press account to play around with and a blue tag, everything was exactly the same as before.

The press account isn't going to be some huge injection of vitamins for your content or your creativity; that has to be there already. I've had mine for a couple of years, and I'm not going to pretend it isn't nice or anything, but it really isn't all that. I still starve to buy expensive Premiums for my personal account even though I most often have them on the press account already, because that's not my account. It's just not the same. It's not "for real". The stats are meaningless, because you never played the tank stock or without max loadout, and no one can see them anyway. You don't feel the same sense of pride and accomplishment when you win or get a Mastery. And you never get the buttons in the exact same place no matter how much you fiddle around.

I use the press account for exactly two things: testing one tank against another in training rooms; like penetration or viewrange tests, and I drive tanks I don't have on my regular account because they are Premiums, or because I don't want to grind them. And that may sound self righteous, or flippant, or contrived, or like I am spoiled, but I just mean don't put any high hopes on being able to do so much more as a CC than you are able to do as a regular Youtuber or tank blogger or tank poet, or whatever it is you do, because you will be disappointed.

Becoming a Community Contributor is actually really simple. You just make yourself one. Do the work. And then you convince Wargaming about it, which at the moment isn't super easy; but it's also not impossible. The program isn't closed. But if you want to have a realistic chance of them making you a CC, you will have to be one already, so to speak. The press account is just a tool, and it's a great tool. But that is all it is; you need to know how to do the job, how to produce the actual content. That's what being a CC is.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Fugit555 #8 Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]

Aw I wanted my name in lights, fame and the ability to be like those in Tv/Film and be able to say "Press!" :teethhappy:

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28430 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostFugit555, on 17 December 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

Aw I wanted my name in lights, fame and the ability to be like those in Tv/Film and be able to say "Press!" :teethhappy:

Ah well, you’ll have to settle for becoming a celebrity then and say “No press! No press!” :)

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users