5.6 autoloaders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

anonym_jSfhM2MJiHk0 #1 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

Hi noobs-like-me and others,

Just wanted to air my tuppence worth. I didn't play very much before 5.5, but I know what changes have been made, and I have to say that the nerfing of autoloaders hasn't really changed much. The kind of people that played only autoloader equipped tanks are still there, but mostly in platoons, still seal clubbing, and still bullying and feeling big because they win easily. Basically, lower tiers still suck for the less experienced players. WG are deluded if they think that removing tanks like the T-46 and nerfing the A-20 stopped the morons who only play lower tiers from getting in some easy victims and having a  high "Win" rate. If they really want to make lower tier play even, autoloader should be removed from lower tiers completely. The T-46/A20 players just got themselves a Cruiser III, or one of the American low tier lights, and tooned up with a mate. I'm going up to tier V as soon as possible. Oh, then I suppose I'll meet the same sort of people in Leopards, won't I? Nerfed or not, it's got an autoloader, and there are certain types of players that use them because they can only fight when they have an unfair advantage.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #2 Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11064 battles
  • [ALBA]
Autoloaders don't really have an unfair advantage. In fact, in most ways they are more difficult to use than single shot guns. When I was new, I could not drive the OP autoloaders at all.

What they have is a great strength, burst damage. Given that more experienced players can use that strength while minimising their disadvantages, this is what partly makes the tanks so strong.

By tier V, while autoloaders can still be strong, there are lots of other tanks that are also very strong and it is more a question of skill and play style.

Removing autoloaders won't stop seal clubbing. I doubt anything really will. All you can do is keep trying to get better.

onlypainhurts #3 Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42792 battles
  • [XFIRE]
You need to learn to deal with them.  Most autoloaders have long clip reload times.  Thats when you push on them.  Likewise most have bad pen, make sure and use angles so they cant put a full clip into you.   Many players that run autoloaders are over confident.  Use that to put them in bad situations.  Nothing is sweeter than tracking one in the open.   When i was new like you the strategy i adopted was that I would never expose myself unless i was sure the other person couldnt shoot back. So wait in cover, then when they fire pop out and shoot them.  Its not perfect but it keeps you from getting blown up right away.  If someone is shooting at a team mate use that opportunity to shoot them. 

"Oderint dum Metuant"

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostPhilthy_McNasty, on 31 December 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Hi noobs-like-me and others,

Just wanted to air my tuppence worth. I didn't play very much before 5.5, but I know what changes have been made, and I have to say that the nerfing of autoloaders hasn't really changed much. The kind of people that played only autoloader equipped tanks are still there, but mostly in platoons, still seal clubbing, and still bullying and feeling big because they win easily. Basically, lower tiers still suck for the less experienced players. WG are deluded if they think that removing tanks like the T-46 and nerfing the A-20 stopped the morons who only play lower tiers from getting in some easy victims and having a  high "Win" rate. If they really want to make lower tier play even, autoloader should be removed from lower tiers completely. The T-46/A20 players just got themselves a Cruiser III, or one of the American low tier lights, and tooned up with a mate. I'm going up to tier V as soon as possible. Oh, then I suppose I'll meet the same sort of people in Leopards, won't I? Nerfed or not, it's got an autoloader, and there are certain types of players that use them because they can only fight when they have an unfair advantage.

Hy, welcome to the forums...

I’m afraid will find tier v a ‘mare when vs tier vi as they badly nerfed a lot of tanks at v in 5.5...

I’d suggest going KV-1 route to tier v and try and get as much free xp as you can on they way to upgrade the gun, it will still struggle vs tier vi but at least still is a stronk tenk...

GL!

547146227.png

lynnebabes #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1445 battles
  • [B-B-B]
What Mjr_easy said above go kv1 but tier5 isint easy I found tier 5/6 where the game gets harder yes the guns and aromour are better but so are the players (sometimes). Back to autoloaders learn to counter them most tanks tend to be licht tsnks with next to no armour and as others have said clip reload can take a long time so hit them when they’re reloading and if your guns big enough hit them with HE a well place he shell will ruin the little Leo’s day 

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postlynnebabes, on 01 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

What Mjr_easy said above go kv1 but tier5 isint easy I found tier 5/6 where the game gets harder yes the guns and aromour are better but so are the players (sometimes). Back to autoloaders learn to counter them most tanks tend to be licht tsnks with next to no armour and as others have said clip reload can take a long time so hit them when they’re reloading and if your guns big enough hit them with HE a well place he shell will ruin the little Leo’s day 

Watch out for that imposter mjr_easy, there’s only 1 Mjr_Eazy ;)

You’re spot on tho, the change from iii/iv or even iv/v battles to v/vi ones is a big step and made even bigger since 5.5, Churchill I used to be good even against vi now post armour and dpm nerf it struggles, still a beast when in iv/v battles mind!

I’m capturing some data to see if it still works but you used to be able to swing things in your favour by switching supremacy off and playing tier v heavies, you would be top tier over 75% of the time ;)

I’d still recommend Churchy 1, fugit has a good video on it on his YT channel - fugits blitz

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 01 January 2019 - 03:05 PM.

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users