main attack flank comms chat tactics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

7thVorta #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32810 battles
  • [EPW]

One of my personal bugbears in the WOTB game experience is that sinking feeling you get at the beginning of a bad game when you can see you teammates have no clue what to do or where to go. Observationally, I believe most players have no concept of main attack vs flank and just randomly find their favourite spot each time without any relation to their teams' map position. 

My idea to fix this is to be able to communicate that I'm going to reinforce the main line of attack or the left or right flank as a standard keypress option rather than in open chat. Not only does this work best for players who disable chat because of trolling (like me and even players like Bushka on his main account), but it also transcends language barriers. This would be way better than the 9 zone system idea currently in place imo.

Apech707 #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13893 battles

The zone thing is almost useless - even if people take notice it doesn't suggest what to do.

The worst games are when your team are a confused mess in spawn, crashing into each other and going on different directions.  You loose time while the red team get into good positions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users