Jump to content


Any chance of aceing the blue tanks?

Premium collectible ace unicums

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MarsIsBrightTonight #1 Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26937 battles
  • 513
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

I've sold all the collectible tanks that I've mastered but I'm still left with a sizeable collection.  And the remaining tanks I cannot ace for love or money. I'm not talking about tanks which remained viable like the Duck, I'm talking Mk. VIC Light! Even driving the Luchs which is the rotten carrion of its former self, best I did was a 1st class.

What bloody kind of ultraviolet unicums are fighting in these coffins?


"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25908 battles
  • 5,477
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 03 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

I've sold all the collectible tanks that I've mastered but I'm still left with a sizeable collection.  And the remaining tanks I cannot ace for love or money. I'm not talking about tanks which remained viable like the Duck, I'm talking Mk. VIC Light! Even driving the Luchs which is the rotten carrion of its former self, best I did was a 1st class.

What bloody kind of ultraviolet unicums are fighting in these coffins?

 

I’d guess unicum seal clubbers, keep re-rolling to keep in easy low tier battles and just farm xp like crazy...

547146227.png

 


Titus_Scato #3 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41902 battles
  • 8,086
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 03 January 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

I've sold all the collectible tanks that I've mastered but I'm still left with a sizeable collection.  And the remaining tanks I cannot ace for love or money. I'm not talking about tanks which remained viable like the Duck, I'm talking Mk. VIC Light! Even driving the Luchs which is the rotten carrion of its former self, best I did was a 1st class.

What bloody kind of ultraviolet unicums are fighting in these coffins?

 

https://www.blitzstars.com/topplayers/bytank?regions=eu&tank=Light%2520Mk.%2520VIC&sort=wn8

 



MarsIsBrightTonight #4 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26937 battles
  • 513
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

 

There's no way player number 9 is not botting. Well nice of him, lowering the bar for everybody else.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


jylpah #5 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17388 battles
  • 4,636
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014
Heh-heh. I think the general problem here is simply very small player base thus few players getting lucky will keep the bar exceptionally high. 

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   


MarsIsBrightTonight #6 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26937 battles
  • 513
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

View Postjylpah, on 04 January 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Heh-heh. I think the general problem here is simply very small player base thus few players getting lucky will keep the bar exceptionally high. 

 

I see... so, "try, try and try again" it is. Playing in lw tiers has become as dull as unsalted bread, but I'm chasing that golden M. Frustrating.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


Gentleman_l8astard #7 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10170 battles
  • 1,034
  • [ALBA]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2013

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 04 January 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

I see... so, "try, try and try again" it is. Playing in lw tiers has become as dull as unsalted bread, but I'm chasing that golden M. Frustrating.

 

I gave up and sold them all.  I wanted to Ace them before I sold them but just couldn’t find the motivation.

Fugit555 #8 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25438 battles
  • 1,238
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014
they are still able to be aced, in fact i have a low tier ACE's vid coming out in about an hour that proves the point

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ


DtheHun #9 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42456 battles
  • 257
  • [-DAD-]
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 04 January 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

 

I gave up and sold them all.  I wanted to Ace them before I sold them but just couldn’t find the motivation.

 

This... I cannot bring myself to suffer the cesspool of tiers 1-4 long enough to get a lucky game in any of these useless wagons

Peter_Moosey #10 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24498 battles
  • 1,017
  • [OLD]
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

As i want to play at least 100 battles in ALL my tanks, i  "have" to play them still :unsure:

 

So, i havent sold most of my blue tanks, but i will those with 100 battles and a golden M



PanzerPsycho68 #11 Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26453 battles
  • 333
  • [PFI]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2016

Yesterday I Aced my Toaster for the first time ever !

So yes, it is indeed possible to Ace a Collectible Tank.

 

But now is not the best of times to try to get an Ace.

Both of my Accounts took serious damage in WR ....


Deputy Leader of Panzer-Vernichter Clan ( PFI ) and dedicated German Tank Driver 

 


I_Fought_the_Law #12 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2064 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    09-26-2018
Shouldn’t be any harder than any other tank.

Titus_Scato #13 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41902 battles
  • 8,086
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014
If only decent players with 50+% win rates keep the collectible tanks, while the hopeless noobs sell them because they get gold for them, then the bar for an ace will go way up from what it was before.

Colmain595 #14 Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42902 battles
  • 964
  • [KRH]
  • Member since:
    12-15-2014

Sold the vast majority of mine.  Kept those I enjoyed, are credit earners or unusual.  Although it's great to get an Ace I've never been too bothered if I don't get one in a given wagon.  If I begin to feel left out and start to feel Ace envy I take my Kenny out for a spin, play about 5 games and am guaranteed to get one (An Ace in a Kenny means nothing).

 

I so want to get an Ace in my PaK 40 though.

 

Happy hunting.

 

Huzzah!!!

 

 



I_Fought_the_Law #15 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2064 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    09-26-2018
I thought it was the top 99% for that week?

Peddy_tanj_it #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53342 battles
  • 807
  • [TANG]
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

The mechanism for getting an ace has not changed.

 

So getting an ace is harder because the tanks overall are worse you need to be lucky and good to get an Mastery badge but surviving and contributing to the fight in a collector stank is much harder and as you are going to be fighting against experienced players who may not be using a collector stank. So to do well you have to be very lucky and/or exceptionally good.


There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

ethanjames_1 #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 75330 battles
  • 286
  • [T-T-S]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Aced the t67 the other day. It's still strong.

I_Fought_the_Law #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2064 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    09-26-2018

View PostPeddy_tanj_it, on 07 January 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

The mechanism for getting an ace has not changed.

 

So getting an ace is harder because the tanks overall are worse you need to be lucky and good to get an Mastery badge but surviving and contributing to the fight in a collector stank is much harder and as you are going to be fighting against experienced players who may not be using a collector stank. So to do well you have to be very lucky and/or exceptionally good.

 

Its still the same for every one driving that tank.. shouldn't make any difference.





Also tagged with Premium, collectible, ace, unicums

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users