Working the Game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Colmain595 #1 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42219 battles
  • [KRH]

I am starting this thread in the hope that there are many out there who have top tips, strategies and 'secrets' that could be of benefit to all.  So that we can place them here.

So what do I mean by working the game?  Well my example is (not from my own observation but one I gleaned from Mr Eazy and works for me) is:

When playing the Excelsior turn off supremacy mode and you will mostly be top tier.

So what other 'secret' knowledge is out there?  Let's share the wealth.

My own contribution is:

Ratings Battles (RB) - A good place to earn additional credits and XP/free XP (especially with boosters).  Also a nice place to accumulate XP for the next wagon in the line (if you need it).  An alternative place to play if you are bladdered (pissed) as your win rate isn't touched in RB (if that matters to you).

Harrier_77 #2 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52675 battles
  • [49DIV]

A tip for castilla, though I imagine a few people know it. When spawning with the church on the left whilst facing the enemy, I always head for the small patch of grass behind the buildings surrounding 'B', with a good view of 'C'. You will always get a few cheap shots off at the red heavies heading for cap or the hill behind. You'll be spotted, but not before some hot lead is forced home. Even if on the rare occasion they all head the opposite way you can still surprise them from the gaps in buildings as they circle.

There are a couple of other maps with tasty little quick damage spots, but I'm not giving all my secrets away :)

Edited by harrier_77, 10 January 2019 - 04:48 PM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

killerkiller777 #3 Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34431 battles
  • [TNG]

Rating Battles, tier 7 is the best tier for calibration.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Denii #4 Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26692 battles
  • [KS-AL]

I keep supremacy off unless I have a mission. Randoms are hard enough with 1 base. I don't want to lose because the team split in 3 or 4 different bases, lose with cap points because players fail to understand how supremacy works or other stupid things.

I try to direct the team to sides that are easier to have mutual supporting fires. For this reason "city or town" is not a good path for my liking as players split too much to support eachother.

Edited by Denii, 10 January 2019 - 05:08 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

:great: Out of likes

On Castilla u can go through the Water Wheel on the mill from the spawn side if ur tank is not too wide and u hit it with enough speed and flush to the mill wall...

Tanks like T-34-85 for example go thru and it makes a nice route to Monastery hill or B.

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 11 January 2019 - 01:41 AM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Funesino #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16022 battles
  • [S4B1O]

View Postkillerkiller777, on 10 January 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Rating Battles, tier 7 is the best tier for calibration.

No idea if you are kidding, but it totally works for me. I play 50 battles in 8 9 and 10, and then I take the dragon out to reach 4000 and get the camos. Must be that dragon is OP.

Edited by Funesino, 11 January 2019 - 07:59 AM.

killerkiller777 #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34431 battles
  • [TNG]

View PostFunesino, on 11 January 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

No idea if you are kidding, but it totally works for me. I play 50 battles in 8 9 and 10, and then I take the dragon out to reach 4000 and get the camos. Must be that dragon is OP.

I was serious about (on another thread I posted a battle result where I've got 191 points). The logic behind is that tier 7 is the only tier where you are for sure bottom tier (happened only few times to get all tier 7 players) and if you play well, you will get a lot more points than being top tier (i.e. playing tier 8).

Anyway, I also observed that they changed the algorithm and the progress is influenced based on which team you are (team with lesser points or team with higher points) like it was 3 seasons ago, so, this is bringing a big "luck" component into it against skill. I will really like if they will design rating battles to be pure skill based, no calibration, no other hidden components into their algorithm to rewarding points, but thisis another topic already.

Edited by killerkiller777, 11 January 2019 - 03:08 PM.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

minitelrose #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68584 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postkillerkiller777, on 11 January 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I was serious about (on another thread I posted a battle result where I've got 191 points). The logic behind is that tier 7 is the only tier where you are for sure bottom tier (happened only few times to get all tier 7 players) and if you play well, you will get a lot more points than being top tier (i.e. playing tier 8).

Anyway, I also observed that they changed the algorithm and the progress is influenced based on which team you are (team with lesser points or team with higher points) like it was 3 seasons ago, so, this is bringing a big "luck" component into it against skill. I will really like if they will design rating battles to be pure skill based, no calibration, no other hidden components into their algorithm to rewarding points, but thisis another topic already.

in fact it happened to me. Few updates ago you gained lot of points for victories and teams had a large influence. I could never get out of gold as everyone was gaining or losing pretty much the same amount of points (including the spawn afk guy).

It looks like they tweacked it and now the points you receive are more individualized. When I got tired of being bottom tier and losing in my amx13-57 I went losing ranked games instead. 

i was always Bottom tier, I was losing a lot, but my ranking ended up going from gold to platinum. At that point that was nice enough and I decided I liked playing low tier and didn’t mind losing. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Thanks to OakTankTree for this one, it’s on his interesting Krupp-38(D) thread.

Select a mission, untick ‘Available in garage’ for qualifying tanks and the list includes all tanks in the game files even unreleasedd ones like the krupp so you can have a look at them and their stats.  It was interesting looking at hydrostat and other rare tanks I don’t have and are not currently available but can face...

I know you can do it on blitzhangar/blitzstars/armour inspector too but was nice to do it in game.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

TKoT_2017 #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28791 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Took my 800+ games in the AMX ELC to realize is will drive underneath the couplings between trains carriges and trucks on Dead Rail and Desert Sands.

romsitsa #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46386 battles
  • [VG]

Use purple credit boosters on T49, it will net 20k on average.

A

Fugit555 #12 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24620 battles
  • [49DIV]
If you want to get an Ace, then do supremacy and make sure you cap! You are more likely to get more XP (what ACE's are based on) in Supremacy over Random.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

reekoiler #13 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39887 battles
  • [FTC-1]

This is more a note to self than a piece of advice.

Think!

That’s it.

Glamourpuss #14 Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3019 battles
  • [CC]

Play high battle-count accounts early in the morning and late at night, when the total number of players is too low for the MM to separate players into two different queues.

Play low battle-count accounts during more civilised hours, when there are more players online and you will be be placed in a separate queue with those with fewer battles under their belt.

:)

Edited by SkunkBear, 01 February 2019 - 02:35 PM.

SirArthurStreebGreebling #15 Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40829 battles
  • [VG]
Again, a fairly obvious one.  I often play supremacy when grinding a tank as capping gains the extra XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users