• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

gallabru #21 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

Thanks Jylpah.

I have had a look at the evolution of WR of the players with battle count. Good news : it increases. Bad news : slowly. Might be out of experience or discouragement. Or newer players are worse and will remain while older ones were always better and remain better. It is interesting to notice a bunch of very good players (70% WR) in the low battle count players... who could they be ?

This might explain why the average of the WR of the players I was seeing on both accounts was different. This also mean that the WR distribution width I have plotted above was slightly overestimated. Once corrected for the variation with battle count, the width is 5.6%.

I have plotted together the data of my main account (orange) and alt account (blue). The blue dots are drawn on top, so none is hidden by orange ones. Both accounts have seen players with any number of battles, but I have added a vertical line at 5000. You can draw conclusions by yourself, I guess.

I understand better also why it is more difficult to play on my main account than on my alt. Players are better. Simple.

Oh, and yes, I have seen one player with nearly 100 000 battles and a WR below 30%. That would deserve some sort of reward imo.

Edited by gallabru, 20 February 2019 - 02:19 PM.

My team stats in real time 

http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

jylpah #22 Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15105 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postgallabru, on 15 February 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Thanks Jylpah.

I have had a look at the evolution of WR of the players with battle count. Good news : it increases. Bad news : slowly. Might be out of experience or discouragement. Or newer players are worse and will remain while older ones were always better and remain better. It is interesting to notice a bunch of very good players (70% WR) in the low battle count players... who could they be ?

This might explain why the average of the WR of the players I was seeing on both accounts was different. This also mean that the WR distribution width I have plotted above was slightly overestimated. Once corrected for the variation with battle count, the width is 5.6%.

I have plotted together the data of my main account (orange) and alt account (blue). The blue dots are drawn on top, so none is hidden by orange ones. Both accounts have seen players with any number of battles, but I have added a vertical line at 5000. You can draw conclusions by yourself, I guess.

I understand better also why it is more difficult to play on my main account than on my alt. Players are better. Simple.

Oh, and yes, I have seen one player with nearly 100 000 battles and a WR below 30%. That would deserve some sort of reward imo.

If I understood the graph correctly it displays WR and battle count of the players your two accounts have met in the battlefield, right? It could be that 1) your 2.8k account has just recently been elevated to the main queue or 2) WG is slowly introducing more experienced players to the newbies or 3) sometimes there are too few players so the MM just merges the two queues. #1 or #3 are my guesses.

Placeholder for some catchy slogan

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

gallabru #23 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

Right. 

I have always seen players with high battle counts (there is a plot with when I saw them). I started this account in the same time (2016) as my main and let it dormant until recently. So maybe I get a different treatment, but the battles were recorded after 5.5. Still, I clearly see more newer players on this account. I have the time stamp, so I could track when i see more experienced players. But hypothesis 3 definitely is part of it. 

Mjr_Eazy #24 Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23311 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Amazing work m8, if only we could get one of those claiming to get mostly low tier battles (68% low tier one claimed if I remember correctly) to provide some data, it would make an interesting comparison and maybe show some sot of bias/manipulation, rigging even ;)

As you say, your 100k sub 30% is a spectacular player, I’m sure I’d read somewhere before that a serial afk’er gets nearer 37%!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

jylpah #25 Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15105 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postgallabru, on 16 February 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

Right. 

I have always seen players with high battle counts (there is a plot with when I saw them). I started this account in the same time (2016) as my main and let it dormant until recently. So maybe I get a different treatment, but the battles were recorded after 5.5. Still, I clearly see more newer players on this account. I have the time stamp, so I could track when i see more experienced players. But hypothesis 3 definitely is part of it. 

Just a question. Are those both account playing the same tiers?

Placeholder for some catchy slogan

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

gallabru #26 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

Yes same average tier : 60 days is 7.3, carrier is 5.8. 

Must be some atavism.  

gallabru #27 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]
Mjr, maybe once you use replays the rigging stops. How can you know ? ;)

Mjr_Eazy #28 Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23311 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postgallabru, on 16 February 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Mjr, maybe once you use replays the rigging stops. How can you know ? ;)

Lol, true...

Maybe cos we’ve posted we’re looking for it, they switched off the Winning and Losing Queues for us, who knows ;)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

gallabru #29 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

More of a gimmick. Average WR of the players as a function of hour in the day. Combined data of both my accounts week day and week-ends. There are actually not many data (54 at most between 20:00 and 21:00), so it is difficult to go further. The variations must not be really significant. 

All the plots on my alt have been updated with 158 battles. Nothing new.

The WR distributions of reds and green on both accounts have been normalized to the number of players for an easier comparison.

Here is the new correlation of the WR difference of the teams between consecutive battles on my alt after 158 battles. 0 means impossibility to predict the WR difference at battle N after battle the reference battle (number 0). 1 means same WR difference, -1 opposite WR difference. Dotted line = 95% confidence.

Edited by gallabru, 21 February 2019 - 11:12 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #30 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23311 battles
  • [BT_SV]
It would be interesting to see if you win more than your WR at any particular times of the day, I’m convinced I win more between 8 and 11 in the morning...

gallabru #31 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

Hahaha, this was the idea. See if there were time where I could noob out and still win. 

I know I am losing more from 11pm on (continental time). 

The thing with winning/losing is that it is also related to me (tiers, tired, pissed...). 

But yes, I could try to correlate some factors to my WR.  

gallabru #32 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17166 battles
  • [LAGER]

I thought I had found something. Alas...

I have plotted how the the WR difference changes from one battle to the other. I was looking for some sort of compensation : "you have had a tough battle, let's make the next easier". Ok many may think that the rule is more : "you have had a tough battle, let's make the next more unfair".

Oh oh, I saw that in my battles !

But then I generated random number with the same distribution as the one of the players. Gives the same thing. So it seems more related to random numbers.

Edited by gallabru, 21 February 2019 - 12:11 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users