T25 AT Redux. Quite the gem!

T25 AT tier vii american td good stuff big mac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: T25 AT Extravaganza! (3 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do/Did you like the T25 AT?

1. Yes, I liked the tank. (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, I didn't like the tank. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Did you like the tank before its armor buff?

1. Yes, it was still a decent machine. (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No, the armor buff made it what it is now. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. I didn't play the tank before it got buffed. (1 vote [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Is the tank after this (the T28) worth the grind?

1. Yes, it is worth it. (2 votes [66.67%])

2. No, it's absolutely not worth the grind. (1 vote [33.33%])

If you were to buff the tank somehow, what would you buff?

1. Gun - penetration, accuracy, traverse angles etc. (1 vote [33.33%])

2. Armor - general strength, module health etc. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Mobility - top speed, terrain resistance, engine strength etc. (2 votes [66.67%])

Vote Hide poll

HablmetForever #1 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17272 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Hey. My name is Hab. I feel like I wouldn't be doing the T25 AT justice if I didn't make a revamped guide on it, since I made the previous one in 2017 and it never really seemed like a quick guide. I'm here to remedy that, and while I may have learned some new tricks on the TD pony since last time, don't be too sure of my skills in them :P. While I'm still working on the new video, progress is rather slow and a better laptop and a decent microphone would really help. Anyways, let's start off with the typical stuff: the gun.

Gun. Works well or doesn't

I'm going to only talk about the 105mm gun, since even though the 90mm gun is perfectly viable, the upgrade is a no-brainer. The 105mm AT T5E1 is basically the identical gun from the T29. It's a great gun, don't get me wrong, but while it's perfectly viable for this tier, there are some issues plaguing it from the start. And the first one I'm going to talk about is the dispersion. With all bells and whistles and without the Refined Gun, the dispersion can be as high as 0.34. Now, this might not seem like much. It sure isn't, but there's the issue that almost every single tank destroyer with a 310 alpha gun has better accuracy. The only one that's worse is the T28 Concept, and I'm probably never going to talk about that one. Even the SU-100M1 has better accuracy, and it's Russian! The best dispersion is on the Jagdpanther, with 0.308. That's quite the difference, so you have to usually take your time to hit a target further away. The second issue is the gun arc. 10 degrees to either side. That's not exactly bad, but the Jagdpanther, which looks like it has a tighter gun mantlet, has more on either side. Of course there's the 30 degrees of the Concept, but as I've said I won't talk about that one, since it's worse in almost every regard. And while the DPM of the AT is quite sweet, most TDs are a bit better than this thing. I'm not really complaining though, since the reloads are only slightly apart from each other. But there's one thing that makes this gun work really well - it has ten degrees of gun depression and twenty of gun elevation. This makes the TD work unbelievably well on ridges and on some dunes, since the armor only boosts that even further.

Armor. Surprisingly tough

If you like bouncy armor profiles, then have I got the proposition for you. Before its buff almost a few years back, the armor profile was extremely unreliable. That kind of armor wasn't worth it. But its increase to 120mm made it worth it, and it even turned the tank into a worthy competitor against the Jagdpanther. The armor is relatively well sloped, increasing the armor value well over 150mm. I'm running it with enhanced armor, since the value gets increased by a bit, and that helps me feel more comfy. Wiggling it a tiny bit and utilizing the great gun depression makes the armor rather tough and trollish to pen, but tanks above 190mm of pen shouldn't have any issues with it. At least it's also quite tiny, and the cupola on the top of the superstructure isn't easy to hit, either. Best to either keep your distance, or be a pest and poke out when they least expect it and pop back behind a ridge. It should work miracles.

Mobility. Pretty decent

The on-paper stats of the AT are great across the board - 56km/h top speed, 15 in reverse, and a quite beefy engine allows it to reach 50 degrees of track traverse. But there's always gotta be problems. The terrain resistance is quite poor - 1.3, 1.7 and 2 on hard, medium and soft terrain respectively. The effective horsepower rating isn't also exactly good, but it isn't bad either. By the way the SU-100M1 has ridiculous effective horsepower values. But since the tank is relatively light (hardly 40 tons), the power to weight ratio is quite good, making this thing decently mobile, which is exactly what it needs. Engine power for quick poking and maybe aggressive play towards the end of the match. And if you're being chased by a heavy? Simply run. Most of them aren't quick enough to catch up to you, anyway.

Grand finale. Very nice

I must say that returning to the T25 was a pretty good experience for me. While I have literally hundreds of battles in it, I want to bring that count a bit up. It's a fearsome machine when in the right hands, and it can be quite sneaky, too. While I expected my opinions on this thing to be a bit..longer, this is basically as vanilla of a turretless TD as I can think of.

Pros:

• Quite decent gun.
  • Armor profile is quite trollish.
  • It goes pretty quickly.

Cons:

• Pretty mediocre dispersion.
  • Gun arc doesn't help with a camo net.
  • There's TDs with the same caliber that get faster more quickly.

A man with not so good vibes is in VIBES. thinking out loud

_FREE__SQU1RREL_ #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39356 battles
  • [-TXC-]
in my opinion one of the best tier7 TDs and probably the best among non premiums, the buff made this tank unique and playable before the buff it was a pretty weak tank. the T28 in opinion is terrible and lastly i dont think this tank needs a buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users