Reports and Penalties

Reporting Ban

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Report System (23 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should the reporting system stay the same?

1. Yes - it should stay the same (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. No - They should change the system (18 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

Vote Hide poll

Error_Code0056 #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13447 battles
  • [TNR]

BC6E2602-96DD-4E5A-B705-CB21B676603D.jpeg

So.. I’ve been having some recent battles with salty players falsely reporting me. For example I’ve had matches where I’ve stolen kills and been reported for unsporting conduct or maybe I’ve had a match where I’ve been careful in battle ( hiding from multiple enemy tanks ) and I get a inactive report. 

Can you guys please change the way the report system is so people can stop abusing it when they get salty! I’ve been temporarily banned because I received 2 inactive reports from 2 salty players because I was hiding from 3 enemy tanks.. ( 1 v 3 ), these reports are getting out of hand ! I am actually worried about my account because people randomly report just because they can ! 

Edited by Error_Code0056, 06 February 2019 - 11:39 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27788 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I voted to change it but having said that I wouldn't trust WG to change a tyre so careful what we wish for....

547146227.png

reekoiler #3 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40962 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Stay the same.   It ain’t perfect but if you are looking for perfect then I would seek another planet.   Here, we have kids, morons, saddos, misanthropes and all sorts which make it impossible to devise a system that would be proof against abuse.   MH works well enough.   I speak us one who gets the odd warning - never justified - but so what?

minitelrose #4 Posted 07 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 71970 battles
  • [AFK]

Lol I been banned for the first time in 5 years. 

I was in my t95 and asked all team to die after me.

And off they went behind the great horizon and I could see the puff of smoke each time one died. 

None of them hit the 1000 damage and I went into the 3K, solo v 7

one t49 of my fellow mates came to my PM box insulting me and as I was going to reply, banned. 

Boom. First ban in 5 years. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Error_Code0056 #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13447 battles
  • [TNR]

View Postminitelrose, on 07 February 2019 - 03:23 AM, said:

Lol I been banned for the first time in 5 years. 

I was in my t95 and asked all team to die after me.

And off they went behind the great horizon and I could see the puff of smoke each time one died. 

None of them hit the 1000 damage and I went into the 3K, solo v 7

one t49 of my fellow mates came to my PM box insulting me and as I was going to reply, banned. 

Boom. First ban in 5 years. 

It’s the first time I’ve been banned in 5 years, I literally didn’t say anything in chat and got reported by 2 people ! Something has to change, if people keep abusing the power then innocent people will get perma ban if that’s a possibility.

minitelrose #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 71970 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostError_Code0056, on 07 February 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

It’s the first time I’ve been banned in 5 years, I literally didn’t say anything in chat and got reported by 2 people ! Something has to change, if people keep abusing the power then innocent people will get perma ban if that’s a possibility.

don’t worry, perms ban is unheard of, and certainly unheard of for some chat insults.

And if you were banned, it is related to several games in a short period of time. Doesn’t mean that this was deserved reports of course. 

Personally I enjoyed my banned time. It was somewhat relaxing to know i can’t yell at my mates before game start (LEFT! LEFT ! UP ! NOTOWN! etc...) and after game (OMG! Base ! GO C! MOVE! etc...) I just did mah job and tried to adapt to the noob flow. If they had decided on town, well I had to try to make it work. It was interesting. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Chairman_merpug #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45773 battles
  • [AFK]
One of the key issues with the MH system is that you can't tell which game generated the downvote. You can guess, but there is a delay between reporting and implementation. This, as far as I can see, is to prevent people figuring out who gave them the downvotes and potentially seeking them out on PM. That, insofar as it goes, is a Good Thing. However, it becomes a problem because, firstly, people assume that the warning /penalty comes from the game immediately preceeding, as the OP has. Secondly, how is anyone supposed to learn anything from a sanction when they are given no indication of the "crime" for which they are being sanctioned? That's the key failing of the system as it stands, and it's insurmountable.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #8 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49596 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 07 February 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

One of the key issues with the MH system is that you can't tell which game generated the downvote. You can guess, but there is a delay between reporting and implementation. This, as far as I can see, is to prevent people figuring out who gave them the downvotes and potentially seeking them out on PM. That, insofar as it goes, is a Good Thing. However, it becomes a problem because, firstly, people assume that the warning /penalty comes from the game immediately preceeding, as the OP has. Secondly, how is anyone supposed to learn anything from a sanction when they are given no indication of the "crime" for which they are being sanctioned? That's the key failing of the system as it stands, and it's insurmountable.

Im pretty sure that the person RECEIVING the downvote gets informed right away. Its only the player GIVING a downvote that will have a delay before he gets the "a warning/penalty has been imposed" message. 

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

romsitsa #9 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47226 battles
  • [VG]

You can get reported for anything, if at least two players cry. But, except for a 1 hour ban (at least you can cook a nice dinner), it’s main purpose is to vent hormones. It doesn’t really matter.

A

Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45773 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRA1D_SCHNITZEL_, on 07 February 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Im pretty sure that the person RECEIVING the downvote gets informed right away. Its only the player GIVING a downvote that will have a delay before he gets the "a warning/penalty has been imposed" message. 

You might be right. I don't get enough to care/notice. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Dreadbane #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24389 battles
I often get the 'A player has be penalized due to your complaint' notification...and I havent downvoted anybody...

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #12 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49596 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostDreadbane, on 07 February 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

I often get the 'A player has be penalized due to your complaint' notification...and I havent downvoted anybody...

I sometimes think this is just a random notification to make you feel like your votes actually make a difference...

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Dreadbane #13 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24389 battles

View PostRA1D_SCHNITZEL_, on 07 February 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

I sometimes think this is just a random notification to make you feel like your votes actually make a difference...

I guess so...but in my case its wasted as I dont downvote players.

I think I would downvote those players that troll by blocking etc...but just because someone didnt play well...no reason to downvote.

jonty_2014 #14 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66543 battles
  • [EMRS]
It is a rubbish and discredited system, but I’ve not seen a viable alternative...

Much like Churchill said “Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…”

MH is similar, but what else is available?

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Wildoneshelper #15 Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17668 battles
  • [GNEIS]
It needs change definitely. I've got a clanmate who got reported for carrying the game to my utmost anger and surprise. However, MH might be the only efficient method to save manpower from reviewing all the reports sent by players. Unless Wargaming could hire enough employees to review every single complaint, I doubt something could be done about it.

A dedicated hater of KV-2 since day one. (Unpopular opinion :P )

efoster29 #16 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55170 battles
  • [BKRAP]
I am no computer programming expert, but could something be worked out automatically from what you actually do in game ?

llo1 #17 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28294 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostRA1D_SCHNITZEL_, on 07 February 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

This might be correct, but recently I seem to have so many more notifications.....significantly more that the few downvotes I have done,...maybe WG have changed something!

Thinking back over the last few days since the last update, I seem to think that some days/every day I am getting half a dozen notifications.....and I definitely haven't used that number of downvotes!

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postefoster29, on 09 February 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

I am no computer programming expert, but could something be worked out automatically from what you actually do in game ?

They could easy make Provocative Communication not count if you have chat off and/or dont use any chat in-game...

Although, Chat one is quite hard as there are so many ways to disguise swear words and as you can see it has negative side effects, 55 & 5.5 flagged as look like SS or part of a s s but if your talking about donkeys whats wrong with a s s ;)

Inactivity you could programme something but would be easily gamed, eg have to fire 3 shots and move 250m, easily gamed and also false positives if you take up a sniping position in a td, fire, get spotted and wasted on your re-load..

etc etc

what we have is probably the least worst option although they should make 2 platoon votes only count as 1 vote so you need a platoon plus at least 1 other player or toon to downvote for it to count...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 09 February 2019 - 12:50 PM.

547146227.png

GAY__PUTIN #19 Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2784 battles
i have been chat banned many many times for using ever more creative ways of using the C word both towards my team and the opo, a few days off chat is quite nice, it's like going on a picnic ))))

Mjr_Eazy #20 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostGAY__PUTIN, on 09 February 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

i have been chat banned many many times for using ever more creative ways of using the C word both towards my team and the opo, a few days off chat is quite nice, it's like going on a picnic ))))

lol ditto I try to be as creative as possible in my swearing and the weeks chat ban I’ve had was worth it, the nab needed words after his attempt to harrass me, and it was a nice break...

I’m amazed I’ve not had more...

547146227.png

Also tagged with Reporting, Ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users