Jump to content


Platoon marriage.


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

queen_priscilla #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49485 battles
  • 1,685
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

A toon chum and myself have been experimenting with a few tank combinations across the tiers recently....some successful, others just sucked (t95 & cent 7-1 not a wise choice). But we stumbled upon a superb tier6 match up, kv2/tog combo...didn't lose a battle in this configuration (mjr eazy we were looking to beat up on you all night) ;)

Sat side by side, these pair are close on invincible... a huge 152 derp hit from kv2 followed up with a rapid volley of accurate and lethal slaps from toggys 17 pounder to finish the poor red saps off....works to perfection. The tog is also a top tool for defending kv2 during reload.

Favourite toon double acts are welcome to be added by your good selves below.


And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.


Titus_Scato #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41102 battles
  • 7,908
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014
Clickbait.  I was expecting a marriage proposal during a Blitz platoon!  :unsure: :girl:  :)

queen_priscilla #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49485 battles
  • 1,685
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostTitus_Scato, on 11 February 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Clickbait.  I was expecting a marriage proposal during a Blitz platoon!  :unsure: :girl:  :)

 

maybe we did...but were more excited by the toon combo :)

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.


Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24200 battles
  • 5,043
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017
Lol, I was trying to get into a battle with you too, I was driving my Tog :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


reekoiler #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36158 battles
  • 1,779
  • [FTC-1]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2017
I do not and will never get the appeal of the Tog

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24200 battles
  • 5,043
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View Postreekoiler, on 11 February 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

I do not and will never get the appeal of the Tog

Have you driven one?  It is quite a surreal experience...

I do not and will never get how people can play the game without a Tog in their life :)


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


Titus_Scato #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41102 battles
  • 7,908
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 11 February 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

Have you driven one?  It is quite a surreal experience...

I do not and will never get how people can play the game without a Tog in their life :)

 

A TOG is a man's best friend!

 

Woof woof!  :P



PanzerPsycho68 #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25977 battles
  • 328
  • [PFI]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2016

View Postharrier_77, on 11 February 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

A toon chum and myself have been experimenting with a few tank combinations across the tiers recently....some successful, others just sucked (t95 & cent 7-1 not a wise choice). But we stumbled upon a superb tier6 match up, kv2/tog combo...didn't lose a battle in this configuration (mjr eazy we were looking to beat up on you all night) ;)

Sat side by side, these pair are close on invincible... a huge 152 derp hit from kv2 followed up with a rapid volley of accurate and lethal slaps from toggys 17 pounder to finish the poor red saps off....works to perfection. The tog is also a top tool for defending kv2 during reload.

Favourite toon double acts are welcome to be added by your good selves below.

 

Before the 5.5 update, my Fixed Toonmate and me used to drive around in KV-1's in a Mixed Setup :

 

I would drive my KV-1 in the "regular" outfit with the Top Turret and Top Gun, to deliver the Big Bangs.

My Mate would drive his with the much lighter Stock Turret, plus the super-fast-firing 57mm ZiS Gun.

 

KV-1 used to be quite "agile" with that turret and the ROF of the 57mm was less than 3,2 seconds.

With this Combo my Mate could keep the marauding Leopards at bay, while I was busy reloading.

 

It always worked very well when my Mate kept a Leopard from running off by perma-tracking him,

while I would come in for the kill with the Big Boomstick and blow the hapless Leopard to pieces !

 

We both were very annoyed when WG changed everything for the worse, those days are over ... :(


Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 11 February 2019 - 08:51 PM.

Deputy Leader of Panzer-Vernichter Clan ( PFI ) and dedicated German Tank Driver 

 


Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24200 battles
  • 5,043
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 11 February 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

 

Before the 5.5 update, my Fixed Toonmate and me used to drive around in KV-1's in a Mixed Setup :

 

I would drive my KV-1 in the "regular" outfit with the Top Turret and Top Gun, to deliver the Big Bangs.

My Mate would drive his with the much lighter Stock Turret, plus the super-fast-firing 57mm ZiS Gun.

 

KV-1 used to be quite "agile" with that turret and the ROF of the 57mm was less than 3,2 seconds.

With this Combo my Mate could keep the marauding Leopards at bay, while I was busy reloading.

 

It always worked very well when my Mate kept a Leopard from running off by perma-tracking him,

while I would come in for the kill with the Big Boomstick and blow the hapless Leopard to pieces !

 

We both were very annoyed when WG changed everything for the worse, those days are over ... :(

 

Yeah, I tried the old stock turret with pew pew gun combo on kv-1 recently and it sucked :(

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


queen_priscilla #10 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49485 battles
  • 1,685
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View Postreekoiler, on 11 February 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

I do not and will never get the appeal of the Tog

 

Tog is a huge laugh, slow as erosion but once it gets there.....its a pain in the backside for opposition.

We do toon count-ins.....4 in a battle really annoys the other 10 antagonists :)


Edited by harrier_77, 11 February 2019 - 09:33 PM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.


PanzerPsycho68 #11 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25977 battles
  • 328
  • [PFI]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2016

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 11 February 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

Yeah, I tried the old stock turret with pew pew gun combo on kv-1 recently and it sucked :(

 

Totally agree !  

 

The fast 57mm was already lacking Pen in a lot of situations,

Because of this I always carried a "healthy" amount of APCR.

 

The Stock Gun has a pathetic 86mm Pen and APCR isn't much better either.

IMHO, this Gun makes the KV-1 almost useless while being in Stock Modus.


Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 11 February 2019 - 09:52 PM.

Deputy Leader of Panzer-Vernichter Clan ( PFI ) and dedicated German Tank Driver 

 


Pururut #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22758 battles
  • 1,579
  • [1RTR_]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013
Let others wage war: you, happy Harrier, marry.

Illyasviel von Einzbern> Miyu Edelfeit> Kuro von Einzbern 

 


jonty_2014 #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 62604 battles
  • 4,815
  • [EMRS]
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014
The first time the Hype 59 was released, the Hype/IS-6 platoon was a fearsome thing to behold...

 


Jammytwss212 #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30329 battles
  • 459
  • [TWSS]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
Back before the tier 7 heavies were buffed, Me and my brother used to go on insane win streaks in a t-54 mod. 1/lupus platoon. The lupus was basically a tier 8 and the mod. 1 was the meta so even before the game started we were at an advantage with the failtoon matchmaking putting a tier 7/8 on the enemy side.

 


queen_priscilla #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49485 battles
  • 1,685
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

View PostJammytwss212, on 12 February 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Back before the tier 7 heavies were buffed, Me and my brother used to go on insane win streaks in a t-54 mod. 1/lupus platoon. The lupus was basically a tier 8 and the mod. 1 was the meta so even before the game started we were at an advantage with the failtoon matchmaking putting a tier 7/8 on the enemy side.

 

tier7 is a minefield these days. 

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.


SirArthurStreebGreebling #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40418 battles
  • 617
  • [VG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

Nah if you want a blitz platoon, that would be Vanguard's Blitz & Raiken  I'm surprised these guys aren't married.

 

I'm upset as I was never asked to be best man...



Mark_Collins #17 Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31582 battles
  • 191
  • [GRAVE]
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015
Had a rather surprisingly successful team up last night with a clan mate trying to gain experience in his chaffee. We ran a double chaffee platoon for two games and got all seven kills in both games. Don't think I have ever gotten 10 kills in two games before.......
Alea Iacta Est

Peter_Moosey #18 Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:23 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23999 battles
  • 1,004
  • [OLD]
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

View Postharrier_77, on 11 February 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

A toon chum and myself have been experimenting with a few tank combinations across the tiers recently....some successful, others just sucked (t95 & cent 7-1 not a wise choice). But we stumbled upon a superb tier6 match up, kv2/tog combo...didn't lose a battle in this configuration (mjr eazy we were looking to beat up on you all night) ;)

Sat side by side, these pair are close on invincible... a huge 152 derp hit from kv2 followed up with a rapid volley of accurate and lethal slaps from toggys 17 pounder to finish the poor red saps off....works to perfection. The tog is also a top tool for defending kv2 during reload.

Favourite toon double acts are welcome to be added by your good selves below.

 

If you wanna have your first loss with KV-2  vs TOG combo, you are free to invite ME for platoon :teethhappy:

Edited by Peter_Moosey, 14 February 2019 - 08:23 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users