• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

astonmartinvirage #1 Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16346 battles
  • [JBZD]

Hello all

I have been been playing for a couple of years or so (14 - 15k games) I’m not a gamer by any means but as I spend a lot of time at airports/hotels etc. I find this a great way to spend time that I should be working.

Some games I play well, most games I’m very average and sometimes I’m really bad. I tend to struggle when I manage to get above t8. But it’s all really good fun. 

I like the fact that I can play for free but am now starting to wonder what the benefits/enhancements would be? Is it worth the money and is it a much more enjoyable experience? 

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you. 

ballist1x #2 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20510 battles
  • [VIBE5]

View Postastonmartinvirage, on 17 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Hello all

I have been been playing for a couple of years or so (14 - 15k games) I’m not a gamer by any means but as I spend a lot of time at airports/hotels etc. I find this a great way to spend time that I should be working.

Some games I play well, most games I’m very average and sometimes I’m really bad. I tend to struggle when I manage to get above t8. But it’s all really good fun. 

I like the fact that I can play for free but am now starting to wonder what the benefits/enhancements would be? Is it worth the money and is it a much more enjoyable experience? 

i play premium for free with all the certificates i earn by dling daily missions. 

Ive got at least 3 months-6 months of premium time if i just use an hour here ir there when i need it. 

jonty_2014 #3 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 66628 battles
  • [EMRS]
It’s your choice - more credits and XP for premium time - depends how much silver you have and how quickly you want to progress through the game.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Gentleman_l8astard #4 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10202 battles
  • [ALBA]

If you are just casually playing it’s not really worth it to shell out cash for premium time.  If you only play sporadically then the certs for premium time via missions are your best bet.  As you said you play at airports and hotels so using a hour cert or two while you play is probably your best bet.  The benefit is ofc 50% more credits and xp per game, and coupled with poopsters you can get a nice amount of credits and xp in an hour or two, and if you have to stop playing for an extended time you don’t feel like you have wasted anything by buying 30 days premium (for example) when you only spend what would equal a few days actual time in game.

If you find you have trouble earning credits game per game, then use the premium certs.  I have found that with all the premium tanks I have I really don’t need to buy premium time at all.  I do well enough just about every game to make money even without premium time.  Still it could be more if I was bothered to use all those certs I have accumulated.

Fugit555 #5 Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26937 battles
  • [49DIV]
Its the only thing I think is worth dropping money on

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

stubbo66 #6 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 70459 battles
  • [49DIV]
Now remember, you buy premium time for gold, make sure you use the Amazon app store and coins trick and save anything from 30-50% off the cash costs for the gold.

RA1D_F1NBLOO_ #7 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28605 battles
  • [RA1D]
Dont buy premium if you are only playing for fun. The certificates you get thanks to the missions should be more than enough. I have only ever spent around 20 EUR over 2-3 years =)

minitelrose #8 Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72014 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postastonmartinvirage, on 17 February 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hello all

premium time used to be very advantageous to get more tanks faster, and avoid grinding forever.

what has changed is that :

• credits gotten a lot easier to get
  • free certificates get you lot of free premium time
  • tier 1-5 have been erased, and u need lot less grinding through them.
  • we got huge amounts of boosters which are useless, even when spending them all during a grind. They do reduce your grind a lot when u use them.

all of these combined completely  removed the advantage of the premium time. The only one remaining is by purchasing premium time u get to forget about if you used all these coupons or not. And if you really aren’t putting enough numbers out, it will help you stay afloat, compensating a bit in credits and XP for the bad play.

Now what is worth your money is

• parking spots,
  • 100% crew,
  • a few premium tanks. 

What is just fun to have is 

• some camo (most are ugly though it’s about taste, or the lack thereof)
  • hmm what else ?

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Jukkis74 #9 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32599 battles
  • [AFK]

One year of premium, when it is discounted, is 12k gold. During that one year you get enough certificates for maybe 3-4 months of additional premium time (used when actually playing). I think it is excellent value for grinding the credits for high tier (9-10) tanks.

Of course this presumes that you are interested in getting many/all high tier tanks.

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Totally agree with Jukkis, buy the years worth when it’s discounted, unless you’re Super Unicum/Unicum you’ll want the credits for new tanks, training them to 75% and equipment and the xp for upgrades, it reduces the pain of the grind...

I can’t comprehend how horrific a stock grind in say a stock St Emil would have been without my premium time - best thing I ever bought!  As usual buy the gold on Amazon with coins and it is pretty cheap...

547146227.png

Cookiebile #11 Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 61993 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postminitelrose, on 19 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

premium time used to be very advantageous to get more tanks faster, and avoid grinding forever.

what has changed is that :

• credits gotten a lot easier to get
  • free certificates get you lot of free premium time
  • tier 1-5 have been erased, and u need lot less grinding through them.
  • we got huge amounts of boosters which are useless, even when spending them all during a grind. They do reduce your grind a lot when u use them.

all of these combined completely  removed the advantage of the premium time. The only one remaining is by purchasing premium time u get to forget about if you used all these coupons or not. And if you really aren’t putting enough numbers out, it will help you stay afloat, compensating a bit in credits and XP for the bad play.

Now what is worth your money is

• parking spots,
  • 100% crew,
  • a few premium tanks. 

What is just fun to have is 

• some camo (most are ugly though it’s about taste, or the lack thereof)
  • hmm what else ?

What else? Pumpkins!

Titus_Scato #12 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42078 battles
  • [1RTR]
I have 20 1-day certificates, 30 9-hour certificates, and 120 1-hour certificates.  Enough to last me 6 months.  And during that time I will be earning more certificates, so it will probably be 9 months before I run out.

Timsinsal #13 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27983 battles
  • [TANG]
It's worth it if you are grinding a line. Otherwise its not (in my humble opinion).

Anabelle_UK #14 Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14404 battles
  • [UKTD]

Difinitely get some premium but get something you are really good at and it's your preferred playstyle. Some premiums are "slightly" op so make sure you get one of those. The only difference is you will make loads of money to get more goodies later on. 

Also tagged with Premium, cost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users