Update 5.8

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

WojownikzPL #41 Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4150 battles
  • [O_H_]

The worst update ever. My friends are online and all the time shows me that they are offline. They are also offline on the chat. WTF?

Chairman_merpug #42 Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39660 battles
  • [AFK]
Yup, chat is broken. Nobody is online, apparently, but we can chat.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

efoster29 #43 Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48750 battles
  • [BKRAP]

I've  had an odd one like that when a clan member was on line ,it showed him on line in clan messaging, but switching to friends chat (which he's also in this list) he wasn't !

:amazed:

HablmetForever #44 Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13171 battles
  • [-WHB-]

View PostBlackWarrior86, on 01 March 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

Ahm, Good morning... anyone know how strong is Chieftain Mk. 6 Royal, but i think it needs a nerf, this has all... and for all i mean: gun depression, very strong turret armor, small weakspot, dpm, armor over all the tank, mobility, high penetration with he and apcr in the normal and premium ammo slots. This isn't normal, every fight is lost if anyone can use it very well, no chance to pen this tank in hull down... even with prammo.

...You're joking, right? The weakspot isn't really small, but it's completely pennable by just about everything, sometimes even with HE. The hull armor has a ridiculously large weakspot that you would probably shoot if you seen it. And the high penetration is a typical British stat...why are you upset about a premium tank?
-WHB- is still recruiting! Contact me in the game, on Discord, wherever I'm available, and we can settle the rest out!

filmin #45 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2548 battles
  • [PCTD]

View PostVx_1939_xV, on 01 March 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Look also here, at research cost, I've completely reinstalled game and no effect…

Why you say about it? Make use of this offer:trollface:;)

The community said: Give us new tanks Wargaming!!!!. The Wargaming said: Let's remove half of tanks from game to make noobs play comfortable. Result: Tanks got unbalancedTHAT'S THE LOGIC OF EARNING MONEY "TANKERS"

filmin #46 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2548 battles
  • [PCTD]

View PostBlackWarrior86, on 01 March 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

high penetration with he and apcr in the normal and premium ammo slots.

You know how APCR and HE are working. Sometimes APCR can have lower pen on distances than AP from other tank. You don't know it? Better look here: http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/51681-bullet-characteristics/

Edited by filmin, 02 March 2019 - 08:50 AM.

The community said: Give us new tanks Wargaming!!!!. The Wargaming said: Let's remove half of tanks from game to make noobs play comfortable. Result: Tanks got unbalancedTHAT'S THE LOGIC OF EARNING MONEY "TANKERS"

__Nikolaus__ #47 Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39108 battles
  • [ZGB]
There is a huge fps dropping after the last update.  İ used the play at 120 fps standard in ipad pro 10.5  but after the update it droppes to 90-100 fps most of the time in game. 90 fps seems to high for most of the players but it doesnt feel 90 fps , it feels like i am playing at 20-30 fps when fps drop.

Edited by __Nikolaus__, 02 March 2019 - 11:18 AM.

Türkçe anlatımlı Blitz videolar için buraya https://www.youtube....8TtR_eO-MCHVFCQ

filmin #48 Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2548 battles
  • [PCTD]

Hi!

I have a problem. My personal access (dunno if wrote good, hereinafter PA) is broken. I mean that I unlocked VI tiers of it before update. I wanted to buy tier V tank and it should be discounted of 5% of main value (PA discount) but it weren't. I checked my PA and saw, that it shows that i resarched only tier I and II of PA. What's interesting that game knows I'm resarching tier VII of PA but it thinks I unlocked only tiers I & II. I will also send a ticket to Customer Service but it's very long loading today so I write it here, because it is faster.

filmin

P.S.: I'm from poland so excuse my english.

EDIT: I fixed my problem. My bad.

Edited by filmin, 03 March 2019 - 12:20 PM.

filmin #49 Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2548 battles
  • [PCTD]

View Post__Nikolaus__, on 02 March 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

There is a huge fps dropping after the last update.  İ used the play at 120 fps standard in ipad pro 10.5  but after the update it droppes to 90-100 fps most of the time in game. 90 fps seems to high for most of the players but it doesnt feel 90 fps , it feels like i am playing at 20-30 fps when fps drop.

Be prepared to this. Updates will need more and more memory of your IPad modules.

RibbleStripe #50 Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 336 battles
  • [WG]

View PostBlackWarrior86, on 01 March 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Ahm, Good morning... anyone know how strong is Chieftain Mk. 6 Royal, but i think it needs a nerf, this has all... and for all i mean: gun depression, very strong turret armor, small weakspot, dpm, armor over all the tank, mobility, high penetration with he and apcr in the normal and premium ammo slots. This isn't normal, every fight is lost if anyone can use it very well, no chance to pen this tank in hull down... even with prammo.

According to our stats Chieftain is totally fine - no adjustments needed for it.

iPanomedia #51 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28335 battles
  • [VIBE5]

Hi WG,

when are u fixing the chat? As you should be aware, we are unable to see whomof our friends in clan mates are on line. Whilst I am here, could u please build a more comprehensive chat? One where the messages you write to an individual don’t always vanish after every log in and out. I’m very active socially and clan lead of two vibe clans... it’s really annoying how we have no chat history and a real limitation on the social interaction.

DailyDamage

EvilBlizzard #52 Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 54712 battles
  • [T_N_M]

http://forum.wotblit...age-chat-broke/

EvilBlizzard #53 Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 54712 battles
  • [T_N_M]
Chat is still broke it has been like this for over a week 

minitelrose #54 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64415 battles
  • [AFK]

I’m sure this will go to the great dumpster in Siberia, but here :

Update, now with actual field data :

Here is the reason this is bad :

in that game 

https://wotinspector.com/replays/view/496717160ad1bd57451b38eb0a1c1c13

This shot happened,

(at 03:03 in the armor inspector clock)

what is this ?

1. I shoot from behind, 
  2. it’s a shot entering the flank through the pink stripe labeled as spaced armor.
  3. The issue is after it goes through the spaced armor, it’s immediately in the hull. And because there was no primary armor to pen, there was no damage made to the target.
  4. The shot then meets a primary armor above the tracks and bounced on it from the inside, and continued through the driver without penetration or damage to the tank , then hit the other side of the primary armor on the exit route, without a chance to go through, because that’s the front armor. 

So, my shot has 143 penetration power, hits a plate of 41 total effective thickness armor, and of course pens it, and this results in zero damage. 

Wargaming ? Are you listening ?

Some math details of the shot :

Imgur resize sort of blur things out so this is the original picture 

https://i.imgur.com/zXEarDN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fIc665Z.jpg

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Nerijus_z #55 Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40391 battles
  • [N2KU]

View PostBrotsalami, on 25 February 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hello,

while I was searching for help, I landed here, so sorry if I am wrong, but I will just dump my comment here.

Unfortunately I cannot 100% trace my problem to the 5.8 version or the update of Samsung S8+ to Android 9, but as Samsung just answered with (we remove functions on our will), I would like to try it here.

The WoT Blitz app on Android is recognized from Android on S8+ as optimized for Full screen, therefrore the view will be stretched to full screen and it looks great.

BUT: All buttons are not working properly as the active area seem to be not 100% on the actual visible button anymore.

So I suck a lot while playing, because the gun doesn't shoot, or the tank doesn't move.

This is not new to 5.8, this has been always like this, since I have the S8+.

BUT: The game launcher on the S8+ Android 8 had the option to "unforce" full screen mode, so I could play (and suck, but not too much)

Unfortunately Androud 9, removed the "unforce" full screen from S8+, so now I have no workaround anymore.

Therefore could you please disable the optimized for full screen, so I can tell Android to not start WoT Blitz in normal unstretched mode, and suck less.

Thx a lot for any feedback.

I have same problem. It is unplayable on Samsung Galaxy S8+ after Android update :( How it can be fixed? Brotsolami maybe you found solution? Or need changes from WG? So frustrated after update :(

Edited by Nerijus_z, 07 March 2019 - 06:26 PM.

RibbleStripe #56 Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 336 battles
  • [WG]

View Postminitelrose, on 07 March 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

I’m sure this will go to the great dumpster in Siberia, but here :

Update, now with actual field data :

Here is the reason this is bad :

in that game 

This shot happened,

(at 03:03 in the armor inspector clock)

what is this ?

1. I shoot from behind, 
  2. it’s a shot entering the flank through the pink stripe labeled as spaced armor.
  3. The issue is after it goes through the spaced armor, it’s immediately in the hull. And because there was no primary armor to pen, there was no damage made to the target.
  4. The shot then meets a primary armor above the tracks and bounced on it from the inside, and continued through the driver without penetration or damage to the tank , then hit the other side of the primary armor on the exit route, without a chance to go through, because that’s the front armor. 

So, my shot has 143 penetration power, hits a plate of 41 total effective thickness armor, and of course pens it, and this results in zero damage. 

Wargaming ? Are you listening ?

Some math details of the shot :

Imgur resize sort of blur things out so this is the original picture 

As far as i can see, you hit side hull armor (yellow zone on your pictures with 80 mm). Hit angle increased effective armor thickness up to ~130-140 mm. 

View PostNerijus_z, on 07 March 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

I have same problem. It is unplayable on Samsung Galaxy S8+ after Android update :( How it can be fixed? Brotsolami maybe you found solution? Or need changes from WG? So frustrated after update :(

We are researching this issue and looking for solution. When we have any update i'll post it here.

filmin #57 Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2548 battles
  • [PCTD]

Hi!

There is a small cometic detail about censor. In polish language option, if you create a platoon the message on chat appears that you will learn more XP (in polish it's PD). Here's the problem. Chat censor censores this word (the PD word of course), made by game. Just informing you Ribble. If you need I can post screenshots for you.

filmin

minitelrose #58 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64415 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 11 March 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

As far as i can see, you hit side hull armor (yellow zone on your pictures with 80 mm). Hit angle increased effective armor thickness up to ~130-140 mm. 

Honored to be read, Ribble, but I think you aren’t looking staring at the pictures intensely enough..

First of all there is no need to study the shot, understanding the armor is enough :

right now the spaced armor is closing the hull armor. It can’t work. I said right when this tanks came out (all upper tier Chinese tds have the issue). That replay came as an illustration of that. 

How it should be done correctly :

the primary armor should be an enclosed box, if there are open holes, they should be primary armor of zero mm thickness.

then spaced armor, pictured in pink, should always cover a primary armor plate. With space in between. 

Now about that shot :

the shot data is extracted from the replay. Once read, it says that upon impact #1, I hit that pink (ribble) stripe. It has 30mm thickness, the angle is 48° and with normalization becomes 43°, which makes total armor 41. After this we are in the hull and it should cause damage.  

Except it it doesn’t make damage because the server cannot see that we are inside the tank, because we never penned the primary armor. So the server considers that we are still outside, until we manage to pen the primary armor. 

impact 2 is internal bouncing and impact 3 is the front plate, hit from the inside, and it says we can’t penetrate it. 

The pictures are clearer when going to the original link, but you could also take the replay into armor inspector like I did and see it in 3D.

-edit- on mobile, the pictures won’t  show in hi resolution even with the link, at least on mobile, until you open the picture in the app :/

but you can go check that shot in the linked replay directly on the armor Inspector website, in 3D.

The shot is that one in the picture :

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Jammytwss212 #59 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30105 battles
  • [TWSS]

View PostBlackWarrior86, on 01 March 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

The turret is riddled with small weakspots which I have hit with my fv215b

Jammytwss212 #60 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30105 battles
  • [TWSS]

Mr Ribble,

Could you suggest to the devs to make the touch controls more customisable. I have been playing on the samsung S9+ recently and although it is a large phone, I cannot play effectively with more than my two thumbs. I would personally like to move the map to the top right corner, to make space for the a fire button in the top left as this would help me play using the claw method. I tried other means to get better, buying a controller and impulse triggers but I suck with a controller and the electric impulse triggers constantly pop off the screen.

I play other shooter games like pubg and standoff 2, which have very flexible control options, with consistent and easy aim but everytime I play a game of blitz on my mobile my hand gets cramp trying claw method so I resort to my thumbs which then means I can't aim and shoot as effectively.

Another suggestion could be to have an option for fire button to be a hold and release to shoot (which means you could aim while holding the fire button) just like the option on pubg mobile for bolt action rifles and shotguns.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users