M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo. Packing armor!

m4a3e2 sherman jumbo it is thicc tbh fam

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Sherman Jumbo Extravaganza! (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do/Did you like the Jumbo?

1. Yes, I like(d) the Jumbo. (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No, I didn't like it. (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Do you think the Jumbo can roleplay as a heavy tank well?

1. Yes, I think it can substitute as a heavy rather well. (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No, I think it can't perform well like that/there's better tanks. (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Do you think the single turret and lower tier gun impacted the tank in any way?

1. Yes, the tank has definitely changed, even if by a tiny bit. (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No, the tank still performs just as same. (1 vote [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

If you were to buff the Jumbo with how it is now, what would you buff?

1. Gun - penetration, reload time, dispersion... (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Armor - module health, HP... (1 vote [14.29%])

3. Mobility - top speed, traverse rates, terrain resistance... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

What should I make a quick guide on next?

1. Löwe (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. T34 Independence (1 vote [7.14%])

3. E 50 Ausf. M (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. IS-4 (2 votes [14.29%])

5. IS-8 (1 vote [7.14%])

6. SU-101 (2 votes [14.29%])

7. Type 64 (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

8. IS-5 (Object 730) (1 vote [7.14%])

Vote Hide poll

HablmetForever #1 Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19169 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Hey there. It's been a while hasn't it? My name is Hab, and while recent life changes have forced me to abandon my top fun tanks idea, I haven't forgotten on you lot. I have kept the Jumbo, despite WG's efforts to part me with it for a measly pile of gold. While I ran it with the top turret and gun (because I quite frankly prefer the DPM choice), now I'm forced to run it with the 152mm armor turret and the relatively worse gun. Did it change the tank any bit, however? Let's find out.

Gun. Mediocre

While the top gun on the Jumbo was quite enough for me, the gun it has now I just can't stand. The change in the DPM for me was massive, and while it's still a good gun, the DPM is the worst out of all tier VI mediums (and it's 43rd out of 44 tier VI tanks too.). The reload of 6.1s just isn't good, so you shouldn't expect to have massive damage games. The 128mm of pen don't exactly help either. It's not the worst, but it could be better. At least your APCR is good enough. But this pretty much tells you what to do. Load adrenaline and make sure all of your shots connect. Each wasted shot could potentially make your health dwindle. If you can do this, you should perform well. Also, the aim time and dispersion on move are great - the latter is actually the best in class.

Armor. Actually a heavy tank

I'm being honest, I'm running enhanced armor on this. Why? Well, the armor is just ridiculous for a (((medium tank))). It's pretty much a heavy tank. Over 100mm of frontal armor, and the 152mm of turret armor all around just make this a great hull down machine. Which is pretty much the daily bread of this tank. Ridges. Hilly terrain. Dunes. If you can hide the lower glacis and even the hull armor, you'll have a very strong position to work from...unless someone pushes you, of course. The HP of the tank isn't exactly stellar - 920 or 980, if you compare it to heavies of the same tier. But hey, I'm not complaining. It allows me less room for error. Make sure you angle that hull if you're against something that you can't go hull down against, too - but don't overdo it, the side armor isn't that strong.

Mobility. Pretty fine tbh

Sure, all of that weight makes the mobility pretty mediocre - the mobility is actually the worst out of all tier VI mediums. That's not a good start, is it...But if you compare it to a heavy tank of the same tier, it pretty much performs on par with them. You won't have any amazing jumps or anything, but it's gonna get you places. Feel free to use either of the mobility equipment pieces, the impact on mobility isn't that huge.

Grand finale. I like this.

So far, I haven't gotten any love on the Jumbo. Wargaming should probably try and buff something tiny about the tank that doesn't affect it too much, so I could feel a bit more at home. But hey, that's what the polls I make are here for. I have also added a new poll question, to help me decide what current garage tank should I review next. My name is Hab, if you somehow liked this, I also have a spicy replay from the good old days with the top turret on my YT channel. Happy tanking. 

Pros:

• Amazing hull and turret armor.
  • Great gun depression and elevation angles allow you to take cheeky positions.
  • Pretty alright HP pool.

Cons:

• Terrible DPM and rather lackluster penetration.
  • Mobility isn't exactly shining either.
  • View range is also terrible. 

The_noble_Prinz #2 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9458 battles
  • [VALKR]
I kept the tank and what killed the Jumbo was the gun. I loved the top gun with the combination of the heavy armor made it fun to smash players who think its going to be an easy fight. So when WG trashed it by giving it the other one I sold it. I still think they should have kept both because now people can't chose between a mobile Sherman or an heavy armored Sherman. 

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

Wildoneshelper #3 Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20510 battles
  • [VE1L]
I love the top gun though it sacrifices a well-armored turret but still pretty tough in hulldown situations. It was one of the three OP tier 6 tanks alongside VK 36.01 H and Jackson back then but it got the nerf hammer really hard. The thing I don't like about the other combination is the terrible gun with worse accuracy and dpm. It might have stronger turret but the gun is really important for my play style so I'm absolutely disappointed that they decided to nerf this gem.

A dedicated hater of KV-2 since day one. (Unpopular opinion :P )

HablmetForever #4 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19169 battles
  • [-TXC-]

View PostWildoneshelper, on 18 February 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

I love the top gun though it sacrifices a well-armored turret but still pretty tough in hulldown situations. It was one of the three OP tier 6 tanks alongside VK 36.01 H and Jackson back then but it got the nerf hammer really hard. The thing I don't like about the other combination is the terrible gun with worse accuracy and dpm. It might have stronger turret but the gun is really important for my play style so I'm absolutely disappointed that they decided to nerf this gem.

Yeah I wish it had the top gun, I'd give it far more props like it had before 5.5

HablmetForever #5 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19169 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Okay, also looked at the poll. It's between the SU-101, IS-4 and the Type 64...I think the latter two could be done now, considering I have like 96% crew on the 101 and I still didn't grow accustomed to it. Guess those are coming.

Also tagged with m4a3e2, sherman, jumbo, it, is, thicc, tbh, fam

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users