How to play Is5?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

josh33841 #1 Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13446 battles
  • [POOPS]
Recently bought is5, I'm a decent player but I can't seem to find the playstyle of this tank. Looked at YouTube for guidance but that amounted to 'strong tank' but no guidance for playstyle. My main issue with the tank is angling. Firstly do you angle the tank, can  you sidescrape and lastly what positions to put the tank in to be successful Thank you in advance!

killerkiller777 #2 Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34575 battles
  • [TNG]
The weak spot of IS-5 is the lower plate. Try to hide it if it's possible (hull down) or close the angle when you browl, I usually hold it like 130 degrees. You can side screaping in it but when you reverse you will expose your lower plate. You have to be quick.

Be careful with face hugs, don't face hug Lowe or other IS-5. About play style, I am playing mine very aggressive, front line / browling. This tank is very mobile, use that to get the best position.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

josh33841 #3 Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13446 battles
  • [POOPS]

What do you mean close the angle?

Also the problem I face is the T34 and other higher pen heavies go straight through  me but due to the horrible dispersion I cannot for the life of me shoot them back.

killerkiller777 #4 Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34575 battles
  • [TNG]

View Postjosh33841, on 05 March 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

What do you mean close the angle?

Also the problem I face is the T34 and other higher pen heavies go straight through  me but due to the horrible dispersion I cannot for the life of me shoot them back.

When you face an enemy the angle between tanks is 180 degrees, so, angle your tank to close the angle to 130 degrees. Try on training room with a friend (or invite me) who has is-5 too and see how looks like and which is the perfect angle to protect your lower plate, when it is perfectly angled.

About dispersion, this tank is not made to snipe in it, it is a browling tank, front line tank. Try it that way and see how is going.

Good luck!

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Banquo__ #5 Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38853 battles
  • [-VU-]

IMO IS5 is still more user friendly to play than IS6 which bounces a loot at the beginning and now... IS6 bounces almost nothing.

As @killerkiller777 said: if you hide lower plate you are almost safe from the front. This is tank born to aggressive playstyle. Never snipe on it, take shots for your allies, lead the command. The best IS5 games are the ones people would love to go with you, because they'll do the damage, you will bounce a lot taking shots on yourself and will keep moving forward.

Ofcourse that's the theory, because in practice... well :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users