Update 5.9

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Tijgerhaai_XIV #101 Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10123 battles
  • [ALBA]
Should really have read "during" not "in" and some sort of explicit clarification would have been nice. 

Timsinsal #102 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27331 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 01 April 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Those camo were free only in update 5.8, we announced it in news.

This is very sharp business practice.

On a par with making the events complicated so that unsuspecting players part with their gold.

Very poor.

gulfuroth #103 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27976 battles
  • [WTF]
  • > In Update 5.8, the Nine Lives and Verdun Forest camouflages can be resupplied for free
  •  
  • This is crap, utter crap. Virtually everyone understood this would be a feature moving on. If it was going to be something lasting just for one update *it should have been clearly explained* as it has been with other features. Verdun camo is ugly as [edited]it is by far the worst price to come out from missions. This at least gave it a purpose. Not anymore. WG should do something about this and keep it free. 

TKoT_2017 #104 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27249 battles
  • [FTC-1]
I fell for the sharp practice as well. Liked the idea of having the same camo on all my tanks. As I already had Verdun on lots of them I decided to buy it for lots of my others, ripped off again  

RibbleStripe it was blatantly misleading advertising.

Edited by TKoT_2017, 02 April 2019 - 02:50 PM.

inaraevskij #105 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2470 battles
  • [UA_IF]
Здравствуйте, проблема в том что после включения сжатого разрешения  картинка не сжимается и FPS не изменяется и при выключении тоже самое. Я пытался переустановить но не помогло . Началось это после обновления патча.

efoster29 #106 Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 49545 battles
  • [BKRAP]

Translation of OP.

'Hello, the problem is that after turning on the compressed resolution, the picture is not compressed and the FPS does not change even when turned off. I tried to reinstall but did not help. It began after updating the patch.'

efoster29 #107 Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 49545 battles
  • [BKRAP]

Any one see a flying saucer in their garage today ? I was having some ping problems and returned to garage and all of a sudden this UFO was flying around !

Timsinsal #108 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27331 battles
  • [TANG]

View Postefoster29, on 02 April 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Any one see a flying saucer in their garage today ? I was having some ping problems and returned to garage and all of a sudden this UFO was flying around !

Yesterday and today. I have no idea what they are.

RibbleStripe #109 Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 474 battles
  • [WG]

That's interesting.

1) There is a camo that cost some credits.

2) We made it free.
3) There were not comments like 'Yay! Verdun forest is free! Let's party'.

4) We put everything back.
5) You claim you were robbed. 

Someone please help me to find any sense in that. 

killerkiller777 #110 Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34429 battles
  • [TNG]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 03 April 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

That's interesting.

1) There is a camo that cost some credits.

2) We made it free.
3) There were not comments like 'Yay! Verdun forest is free! Let's party'.

4) We put everything back.
5) You claim you were robbed. 

Someone please help me to find any sense in that. 

Your game, your rules, nothing wrong with that, God has given God has taken.

What is wrong is false advertising. We all know that your news are translated from Russian and more over, this is European forum / server which means that here are many nations speaking many languages, not all of us are native English speakers, so, your news suppose to be as clear as they can be. The way you advertised that Verdun Forest will be free tricked most of the people and I'm pretty sure that it tricked so many native English speakers as well. I will really appreciate more transparency from your company because are so many things related with this game which are very unclear (and some times you intentionally doing them unclear).

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

RibbleStripe #111 Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 474 battles
  • [WG]

View Postkillerkiller777, on 03 April 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Your game, your rules, nothing wrong with that, God has given God has taken.

What is wrong is false advertising. We all know that your news are translated from Russian and more over, this is European forum / server which means that here are many nations speaking many languages, not all of us are native English speakers, so, your news suppose to be as clear as they can be. The way you advertised that Verdun Forest will be free tricked most of the people and I'm pretty sure that it tricked so many native English speakers as well. I will really appreciate more transparency from your company because are so many things related with this game which are very unclear (and some times you intentionally doing them unclear).

There was no false advertising. False advertising is when i offer you one thing and sell other one. Here you might consider that unclear - it's fine. You asked what is going on and got a reply. Vital thing here - nobody lost anything. 

killerkiller777 #112 Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34429 battles
  • [TNG]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 03 April 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

There was no false advertising. False advertising is when i offer you one thing and sell other one. Here you might consider that unclear - it's fine. You asked what is going on and got a reply. Vital thing here - nobody lost anything. 

Agree to disagree.

Yes, in my case I didn't lose anything, just some time to equip / unequip the tanks, but if some players bought the camos, they lost the paid credits.

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

RibbleStripe #113 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 474 battles
  • [WG]
Again. No one did. When free stuff ends and you have to pay for it, you don't lose anything.

killerkiller777 #114 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34429 battles
  • [TNG]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 04 April 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Again. No one did. When free stuff ends and you have to pay for it, you don't lose anything.

I was not referring to that. I was referring to the fact that the Verdun and 9 LIves camo cost, for example for tier 8, 348000 credits. If people bought the camo with the impression that it will be free re-supply from 5.8 onwards, they lost that credits as they could use other camos which not need to be purchased but have a similar re-supply cost, so, they do not needed to invest 340K credits into Verdun or 9 LIves. Hope you got my point.

HablmetForever #115 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13562 battles
  • [-WHB-]

Since I can't see any thread about something like 5.10 suggestions (these threads disappeared a while back, why Ribble?), I suppose I'll post my experiences with the update and some suggestions here. Some of them will definitely be a bit more ridiculous than the others.

Most of the bugs that others have encountered happened on my end as well. No matter if it was iOS, Android (Android 9, custom ROM lol) or Windows, all the same. Stats wouldn't be shown (especially annoying since I'm actively recruiting for my clan), game crashed sometimes, you name it...the slowdowns I also had before a quick server restart (or whatever fixed these issues) were also annoying. Some of these issues still show up, however, so I'll name a few.
---
1) Ping still shows up completely different in the garage than what it actually is - I'm running stable 20-30 ping, yet the garage always shows it as yellow-red. This was on all of my devices (Redmi 4X, iPad 2, laptop) for over half a year, and no tickets with customer support helped to fix this.

2) The screen tends to freak out, also on all of my devices. Either it tries to open the team composition about twelve times, open settings and tries to reset all settings in the middle of a game, or tries to open the chat or tap on the minimap. Some of these things naturally vary on my devices, since my laptop isn't an XPS Touch, lol. This is pretty sporadic, and it usually happens when I have a good mood, somehow. Testing and calibrating the screen shows no issues on my end...yet customer support immediately trashed my ticket because I have my phone rooted and told me unrooting fixes it...LOL that's the biggest doggerel I have heard all year. Rooting does nothing to your device when you do all right, and even if you messed up a bit, it would still be perfectly fine. That's pretty much why I don't contact CS anymore - and they were perfectly fine a year back too, did you cut on expenses?
---
Okay here's the more fun part: suggestions.
1) Actually fix the garage ping indicator lol. Can't be trusted.

2) The Trophy Hunt event, or how it was called, was pretty good and a decent breather from the constant tier VIII premium events we got through the past year. Perhaps you should repeat it sometime in June/July?
3) Make the collector tanks actually a bit more appealing to get...or sell, otherwise. People shouldn't really get only 5k gold for selling the Kampfpanzer. In fact:
4) These following vehicles should probably be buffed by a tiny bit:

• KPz70 - slight mobility buff, I don't really think it should have the 640 alpha
  • Type 61 - slight mobility buff. Doesn't need anything else imo.
  • M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo - reload buff (just 0.5-0.9s is fine)
  • IS-2 - Either increase its armor to the level the IS-2 (1945) has, or just increase it to 100mm.

5) Make legendary camouflages for these tanks:

• Jagdpanzer E 100 (Threatening?)
  • Object 263 (could be called the Yolowagon lol)
  • Lorraine 40t (don't know if any name could fit it lol)
  • Tiger II (Some kind of a historical camo could be great)
  • WZ-121 

Ok seriously some of these seem definitely more wacked out than the others (especially the legendary camos lol), but these tanks really deserve some camos imo. Especially the Tiger II, being honest.

-WHB- is still recruiting! Contact me in the game, on Discord, wherever I'm available, and we can settle the rest out!

Toulgar #116 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38418 battles
  • [T-T-R]

You made it free? We lost nothing? How about the credits spent to unlock those camos? How much was the resupply price, 1500-2000 credits per battle? How much to unlock it? 300.000-400.000 credits per tank? Yeah WG made it for us such a party!
People spent millions of credits, by assuming those camos will be resupplied free, i mean really free, just like "shattered ice". No information was given while camos are being unlocked.  I called this robbery, i call this a robbery, again. Problem?

Mjr_Eazy #117 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24200 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Robbery and false advertising may be a bit strong but killerkiller777 and Toulgar have hit the nail on the head, you have to invest time and effort or gold in to getting credits and then using a chunk of them to buy a camo that supplies for 0 seems like a good return on your investment so you buy it then it changes back to costing credits without that being made clear, it sucks...

It's like...

I gave you an offer to get in to a top nightclub, in January you can pay 1,750 to get in to the club every time, you pay and go the club...

In February, I offer you a deal, buy a special camo ticket for 3000,000 and get in for 0 every time you come to the club....

Of course you're going to buy it, thinking, I party hearty and will be down the club almost every time I go out, so that is a good deal...

Then in April I say that special camo ticket now means you pay 1,750 every time....

You complain as you thought the special camo ticket had no expiry, when it was sold to you no-one said it would change back a few months later....

The management of the club, basically just laugh in your face and call you a mug for being daft enough to invest all the time or money required to buy their special ticket....

Can you see what is wrong in this scenario and why we think what you did is false advertising and daylight robbery?????

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 04 April 2019 - 11:38 PM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Chairman_merpug #118 Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40478 battles
  • [AFK]

It’s a semantic thing; people assumed that you were making it free because you said "in 5.8 it will be free". All the stress could have been avoided by adding "until the next update". When you introduce a new line, you say "in x.x we are introducing a new line", and we expect it to stay in the game. 

Probably lost a bit in translation; get a proofreader who's a native speaker to give things a look before you publish. It's also best if they're not close to the project, so have no foreknowledge of what's being said. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Toust42 #119 Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9569 battles
  • [VIEN]

Stop loots crates. It’s totally unfair. We paid to have something sure. For exemple we paid in order to have the AMX 30B and we don’t have. It’s abusive commercial practicise.

You are such thief.

Edited by Toust42, 05 April 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Toust42 #120 Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9569 battles
  • [VIEN]
I want the AMX 30 B, i paid for it. I should have this in my garage. Wargaming, you are thiefs. I will do some very bas publicity to you. You have to pay for abusive commercial practise,this game is no longer a true game, it’s a lotery, a loto nothing more. It’s ont a free plat game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users