dead game clan

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

oyemeLife #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21652 battles
  • [LORDS]

I have 50 players in a clan, but I'm so tired to exclude them from a clan. Players just don't play no matter what requirements you set. 

I don't see a point of having a clan when you can't play rating battles with your platoon buddies.

The chat in the game is so awful, you can't use it to speak with players.

As a result, I don't care about players and clan.  it's such a pointless.

This game is dead.

jonty_2014 #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67650 battles
  • [EMRS]

Change clans.

Some are very active.

Maybe it’s you.

Maybe the choice of members.

Edited by jonty_2014, 25 March 2019 - 04:50 PM.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

oyemeLife #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21652 battles
  • [LORDS]

View Postjonty_2014, on 25 March 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Change clans.

Some are very active.

Maybe it’s you.

Maybe the choice of members.

Please read again, I'm a creator of a clan  https://www.blitzsta...om/clan/eu/1187 since Aug 5, 2015​ug 5, 2015Aug 5, 2Aug 5, 2015015

Edited by oyemeLife, 25 March 2019 - 05:04 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28682 battles
  • [BT_SV]

It’s pretty easy to exclude them, what I do is look for players that have the requisite Soviet vehicles, have played ok in a battle I’m in and have a chat with them and then invite if not a total nab.  Also every now and then I just exclude anyone who hasn’t played for 3 months or more, that will get a new batch of people and some stick.

We’re not a competitve or hugely active clan so works for us, if you want something active join one of the millions of FTC ones :)

547146227.png

gallabru #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17625 battles
  • [LAGER]

My rule of thumb, established by myself, is that currently 10% of the player base in a clan is active on a regular basis. I mean in chat, platoon, discord, tournaments, count ins... more are playing quite regularly, but you never see them.

Maybe there are some high end clans more active, or conversely very small family clans where the proportion is larger.

It is difficult to go against that. I think we have to admit it and try to create some activity by making clan associations on Discord. Imo, this only widens the player base accessible, not the activity percentage, but in the end this gives more opportunities to find game mates.

Any other comment is welcome.

Edited by gallabru, 26 March 2019 - 09:23 AM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

petes85 #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41536 battles
The narrow Lineage of one clan is causing this inactivity. Many Clans dies cause of this. You need to expand The view and expand with other Clans by training, countdowns or simply merge.

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

Does your clan have a Discord channel?

This is vital for communicating with your clan in a sensible format - much better than the game chat.  There you can post clan game times and notices without them dropping out of view.

Arranging for members of a clan to get together reliably at one time is the most difficult part of running a clan - real life commitments get in the way.  Also having members from other time zones or who don't speak English makes it more problematic.

PanzerPsycho68 #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27595 battles
  • [PFI]

View Postgallabru, on 26 March 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

My rule of thumb, established by myself, is that currently 10% of the player base in a clan is active on a regular basis. I mean in chat, platoon, discord, tournaments, count ins... more are playing quite regularly, but you never see them.

Maybe there are some high end clans more active, or conversely very small family clans where the proportion is larger.

It is difficult to go against that. I think we have to admit it and try to create some activity by making clan associations on Discord. Imo, this only widens the player base accessible, not the activity percentage, but in the end this gives more opportunities to find game mates.

Any other comment is welcome.

In my Clan, where I occupy both ( and only ) Deputy positions, we have currently 47 Players.

Only 7 of them didn't play this month, and out of the other 40 Players about 30 of them ( ! )

play on a daily basis.  Granted that my Clan is not a Stellar one and there is little interest in

Tournaments, but the atmosphere is good and very relaxed. We all like it very much this way.

I put a lot of effort in rebuilding the Clan ( almost ) from scratch and was actively scouting

for new assets almost daily and replacing "dead" players with very "alive" ones in the Clan.

Only 4 players are in before 2007 : the Leader and his good friend and my Deputy positions.

Like many things in Blitz : persistence definitely pays off and it is possible to rebuild a Clan.

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 26 March 2019 - 06:40 PM.

Deputy Leader of Panzer-Vernichter Clan ( PFI ) and dedicated German Tank Driver 

gallabru #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17625 battles
  • [LAGER]

I am not sure why you are quoting my post. 

I id said that "clan activity" and "battle activity" were different things. I did not say that players were unfriendly or were creating tensions,  not even in our clan. 

I did say that when it came to organize activities it was more difficult to gather people (this stands for game and real life, btw). For instance, looking at quick tournaments teams, I very rarely see teams with only one clan. It is likely that allowing different clans in the same team reflected some reality. 

Now I agree that we have to carry on maintaining active clans. 

Re-starting from scratch as you did is very brave (not sure about this word). Lots of effort needed, probably rewarding too. 

Edited by gallabru, 26 March 2019 - 07:38 PM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users