Last Shot RNG (The topic never discussed in the forum.)

RNG Developers Community Contributors

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

I_AMADEUS_I #1 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39958 battles
  • [FIRST]

Before about 6 months ago, at the time which devs decided to nerf the Derp tanks and begun talking about the new Matchmaking includes a great MM for the players have above 5000 battles and against that they turned the random battles to a HELL (always low tier, always %45 above players etc.) over 5000 number of battles and especially the players have good stats.

According to my experiences I can see that the algoritm of WG is always trying to balance the winrate, average damage, WN8 etc. of players which means that if you play well, you have to effort far better to stay in the same position.

It's an acceptable algoritm.

But at the same time WG made these updates, I realize something so different and injustice.

If I want to engage and get an enemy who has HP above my alpha damage INTERESTINGLY, my gun always makes a low roll and I find myself in a bad situation. Against that if I have HP over one of my enemie's alpha damage, It ALWAYS makes a big roll (sometimes huge roll like %20 more then alpha damage) and again ALWAYS he/she can get me. This makes 2 PROFITS for WG:

1-) Balancing and make the things harder for the good players and force them to spend more.

2-) Low rolls means no one shot kills and it's like a SECRET NERF to the big alpha guns/Derps.

I can see that sometimes RNGsus hates us and it's surely possible that we can see a low roll in the last shot kills.

But if I find myself in the same situation(about a time like 6 MONTHS) I just wonder it and WAIT FOR AN EXPLANATION from the devs which they never explaint about the DAMAGE RNG.

And again I'm just wondering if WG trying to balance the player stats makes it harder to raise w/ a way like MAKING INJUSTICE ALGORITMS of RNG and never ever explain it in patch notes. 

The valuable comments of the forumers and the important EXPLANATIONS and ANSWERS of the devs/CC are going to stop ME AND LOT OF MY FRIENDS IN THE GAME WHO HAS GOOD STATS AND SPENT A LOT FOR THIS GAME to thinking about this and QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME.

Thank you all. 

(By the way if there would be some "newbie" players who wants to see some proofs, I can share w/ u all about tousands of replays. Thank you again.)

Edited by I_AMADEUS_I, 26 March 2019 - 09:12 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’m a newbie player share the thousands of replays that prove it please, if you can stick them on a shared dropbox and pm me and I’ll get the link and have a look...

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed but would be interested to see this proof

547146227.png

I_Fought_the_Law #3 Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2118 battles
They’d never admit to it in patch notes or anywhere, it’d put people off playing if they thought it was rigged.

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostI_Fought_the_Law, on 26 March 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

They’d never admit to it in patch notes or anywhere, it’d put people off playing if they thought it was rigged.

Blah blah blah...

Post your replays so we can analyse them like the OP has offered to do...

You say yours are on dropbox - PM and you can share and analyse them...

You are always whining about rigging and you know it is rigged but it doesn’t seem to have put you off playing or whining about rigging...

It will be interesting if it is as the OP claims.  I can see why WG might rig it sometimes for you to lose but doing it everytime doesn’t make sense to me surely people would just get fed up and quit, unless that’s what WG wants?  

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 26 March 2019 - 07:25 PM.

547146227.png

I_AMADEUS_I #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39958 battles
  • [FIRST]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Blah blah blah...

You are always whining about rigging and you know it is rigged but it doesn’t seem to have put you off playing or whining about rigging...

It will be interesting if it is as the OP claims.  I can see why WG might rig it sometimes for you to lose but doing it everytime doesn’t make sense to me surely people would just get fed up and quit, unless that’s what WG wants?  

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

I’m a newbie player share the thousands of replays that prove it please, if you can stick them on a shared dropbox and pm me and I’ll get the link and have a look...

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed but would be interested to see this proof

If I call u as like as u call yourself my "newbie" mate, u are not the one who can and must analyze the replays.

But if u want a serious answer, I can say that I know what you are trying to do when saying these words/want to see the proof (Thats what I say the typed the last sentence on #1) and I can guarantee u that I know more than u know about this game. I really don't need to complain about things on the forum.

Hope u can see the point on this.

Edited by I_AMADEUS_I, 26 March 2019 - 09:06 PM.

IngloriousMustard #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5307 battles
  • [NIKE_]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Blah blah blah...

Hey.Of course it doesn't affect you much and you want some proof pal.Of course you do...The RNGesus in this situation, would not bother somebody who does 3 shots per battle and gets destroyed in second minute.

Yeah, as you see, this is not the case to speak to you specifically.This is a common thing for me too.And in battlefield it takes me into a weird position and sometimes takes it beyond my gameplay style/skills.It's acceptable if it happens for some battles like half of them.But in that case it reaches something around 70% of that kind of occasion.

So, I agree with my clanmate about this and also confirming that weird algorithm of the game/position.At least supporting it to take down like 50/50.

Tanks.

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Lol, I know plenty about the mechanics of the game and how to analyse them...

You said you would share the replays as proof for newbies so please do so...

Why so defensive?  All I did was take you up on your offer of replays?

It does sound like more elitist complaints and seeking of excuses for when you lose a game...

Share the replays and lets see if it happens 100% of the time as OP claims or even 70% as claimed by OP’s platoon mate...

I’m guessing, what happens next is, more whining and elitism but no replays just the same as CanCracker, I_FOUGHT_THE_LAW and all the rest of the believers of the evil WG Rigging!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 26 March 2019 - 08:55 PM.

547146227.png

I_AMADEUS_I #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39958 battles
  • [FIRST]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 March 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Lol, I know plenty about the mechanics of the game and how to analyse them...

You said you would share the replays as proof for newbies so please do so...

Why so defensive?  All I did was take you up on your offer of replays?

It does sound like more elitist complaints and seeking of excuses for when you lose a game...

Share the replays and lets see if it happens 100% of the time as OP claims or even 70% as claimed by OP’s platoon mate...

I’m guessing, what happens next is, more whining and elitism but no replays just the same as CanCracker, I_FOUGHT_THE_LAW and all the rest of the believers of the evil WG Rigging!

I made an explanation before (Just look at the #1)  But against this I'm just gonna share 2 replays just of the battles made today (One is mine and the other is my clanmate's.) for u to see and understand this occasion.

If you would be in a behaviour which I may take you seriously and don't care about your knowledge level about this game I probably send you replays everyday.

Regards.

https://ufile.io/8ay0j

Edited by I_AMADEUS_I, 26 March 2019 - 09:18 PM.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11598 battles
  • [ALBA]
I think the forums are becoming too negative, so I'd like to compliment the OP on their new and inventive theory. The English doesn't actually make sense but I get the drift.

It really is incredibly sure astute to catch this manipulation.

Plus it if so easy to prove. By looking at replays this is completely quantifiable. Black and white, either it does or doesn't happen.

So post up the proof and WG are caught red handed.

The_Mighty_Wombat #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37572 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Get inexperienced people to do the data analysis.

Brilliant!

You must work for the government.

As you have thousands of replays can you provide one at random that shows what your trying to explain.

minitelrose #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72783 battles
  • [AFK]

Sorry, I haven’t read anything. If you are talking about that shot that always leaves you (or the enemy) with 12 hp. 

Yup. Nobody ever mentions it. We just got used to it. Is it fishy ? Yeah, sounds fishy to me.

but does it make you excited and a better game ? Yeah it does.

is it overdone and it feels like happening every other kill shot ? Yeah it does. 

Russian subtility. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

.Is the issue that:

a. You always (or more than 70% of the time) get a low roll lower than HP of enemy (or bounce) when 1 vs 1 at end?

b. You always (or more than 70% of the time) get a low roll lower than HP (or bounce) of enemy when last one of your team, even if reds have more than 1?

c. Something else?  Mini seems to be decribing something slightly different, in that you end up left with a small amount of HP at the end

I’m trying to understand exactly what it is I should be looking for...

547146227.png

Chairman_merpug #13 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46742 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 27 March 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

.Is the issue that:

a. You always (or more than 70% of the time) get a low roll lower than HP of enemy (or bounce) when 1 vs 1 at end?

b. You always (or more than 70% of the time) get a low roll lower than HP (or bounce) of enemy when last one of your team, even if reds have more than 1?

c. Something else?  Mini seems to be decribing something slightly different, in that you end up left with a small amount of HP at the end

I’m trying to understand exactly what it is I should be looking for...

Tank having HP below your max roll, but around the average, you get a low roll every time. It's happened to me quite often... But then, do I register the times it doesn't happen? Possibly real, possibly perception bias. Do I care? Not really. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 28 March 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Tank having HP below your max roll, but around the average, you get a low roll every time. It's happened to me quite often... But then, do I register the times it doesn't happen? Possibly real, possibly perception bias. Do I care? Not really. 

That's my thinking, perception bias is the most likely explanation but I wanted to be clear what the theory is before looking at the replays...

OP, what is the issue?

547146227.png

I_Fought_the_Law #15 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2118 battles
Lol, falling back on the old, what’s getting a bit lame now, perception bias argument. In the face of real evidence the only way around it is to say it’s cherry picked because the poster has “forgotten “ all the other occasions where it didn’t happen...and you know that how? If there was ever an appropriate occasion to use the terminology “tin foil hat” it’s here !!!

Tijgerhaai_XIV #16 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11598 battles
  • [ALBA]
Lol, perception bias is a tin foil hat theory. Yup, just like vaccinations, contraception, economic theories, it is all fake news to control the masses.

Just as well we have our own Donald Trump to straight talk sense.

Strummer, you really have removed any doubt that the real issue is lack of intellect, not  rigging.

Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28285 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostI_Fought_the_Law, on 28 March 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Lol, falling back on the old, what’s getting a bit lame now, perception bias argument. In the face of real evidence the only way around it is to say it’s cherry picked because the poster has “forgotten “ all the other occasions where it didn’t happen...and you know that how? If there was ever an appropriate occasion to use the terminology “tin foil hat” it’s here !!!

:facepalm:

If only there was some way for someone to share a recording of a battle and it’s data and some tools to analyse it...

547146227.png

gallabru #18 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17612 battles
  • [LAGER]

I have data and I will share them with whoever agrees with me. 

Obviously, those who agree don't want/need to see the data. 

I can not say I agree or disagree. Why would, if, last shot rng modification help more bad players than good players ? How many times would you be saved by a red low rolling while you would high roll according to the same mechanism (if I have understood it). 

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

The_Mighty_Wombat #19 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37572 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Perception bias is like your friend tells you they are getting a new car. You reply that you dont know it or hardly see that car.

Once you see the car then you notice them on the road more, Even more the same colour.

If your subconsciously looking for something you will notice it more then before. 

If the data that the OP suggests is so conclusive then if it was me I would be collecting it and making it well known to all.

Especially the long term players that could be more analytical of the theory.

If enough people can confirm it and post similar results then the bias can be proved as being consistant.

With enough proof then WG should make changes to reduce it or eliminate it.

I_Fought_the_Law #20 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2118 battles

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 28 March 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

Lol, perception bias is a tin foil hat theory. Yup, just like vaccinations, contraception, economic theories, it is all fake news to control the masses.

Just as well we have our own Donald Trump to straight talk sense.

Strummer, you really have removed any doubt that the real issue is lack of intellect, not rigging.

i didn't say perception bias wasn't real, just the fact rhat it's always used as a last resort excuse...keep up dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users