Last Shot RNG (The topic never discussed in the forum.)

RNG Developers Community Contributors

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

I_Fought_the_Law #21 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2117 battles

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 28 March 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Perception bias is like your friend tells you they are getting a new car. You reply that you dont know it or hardly see that car.

Once you see the car then you notice them on the road more, Even more the same colour.

If your subconsciously looking for something you will notice it more then before. 

If the data that the OP suggests is so conclusive then if it was me I would be collecting it and making it well known to all.

Especially the long term players that could be more analytical of the theory.

If enough people can confirm it and post similar results then the bias can be proved as being consistant.

With enough proof then WG should make changes to reduce it or eliminate it.

And if you're consciously looking for it you'll notice it even more, and if you're impartial you'll also notice when it doesn't happen... something no one gets any credit for by the anti tin foil hat brigade ;)

Tijgerhaai_XIV #22 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11064 battles
  • [ALBA]

Perception bias is subconscious, impartiality has nothing to do with it. For example in days gone by whenever there was a med/heavy imbalance in the teams, I always lost. No matter which way the imbalance was. That was my experience. Do you really think that was true though? Because that is exactly how it felt.

And what is the only way to discount perception bias or any other subconscious psychological effect? Pure, objective data. And what does this thread lack, and all of your posts? Bingo.

Oh, I forgot. You are "impartial", so it doesn't apply to you.

I_Fought_the_Law #23 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2117 battles
Perception bias can work both ways, but not if you're consciously thinking about it.

Mjr_Eazy #24 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostI_Fought_the_Law, on 28 March 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Perception bias can work both ways, but not if you're consciously thinking about it.

Lol, true, I’m as likely to be biased as the next person and I know I do it too, hence my banging on about replays to analyse and data as proof not just statements...

547146227.png

I_Fought_the_Law #25 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2117 battles
I could be wrong though, I am perceiving that Mjr. Eazy has a replay fetish...is that because I'm not focusing on anything else or does he really ask for replays every other post? hmmm...food for thought!

Edited by I_Fought_the_Law, 28 March 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #26 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I do love a replay, it’s not just you I harangue for them :)

So whilst WG may be out to get you, no need to be para with me, I’m not out to get you...

Provide your replays and maybe I’ll let up as we can prove they are rigging it against you!

547146227.png

llo1 #27 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28129 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 28 March 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I do love a replay, it’s not just you I harangue for them :)

So whilst WG may be out to get you, no need to be para with me, I’m not out to get you...

Provide your replays and maybe I’ll let up as we can prove they are rigging it against you!

How?   Not sarcastically or any other derogatory term....simply how?

Please outline how you would be able to prove by watching a replay, how WG are rigging the game?

Mjr_Eazy #28 Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postllo1, on 28 March 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

How?   Not sarcastically or any other derogatory term....simply how?

Please outline how you would be able to prove by watching a replay, how WG are rigging the game?

I’m not saying I can prove WG are rigging it, what I can do is validate the claims made and whether they are supported by the data in the replay...

I’m not saying I can prove WG are not rigging it, all I can say is do the replays and stats support claims of rigging or not...

With +/-15% RNG on shots and no data on players by tier & tank available to validate the MM randomness/distribution, there’s plenty of scope for WG to rig it but if they were rigging shots to bounce to make you lose or rig MM to make you bottom tier or give you worse teams we should be able to spot that with enough replays and data from enough players...

hence my crying for replays all the time, the more we have from different players the better the data-set and the more chance of finding evidence of rigging we have...

As, I’ve said all along, can WG rig it if they want, yes! Are they underhanded enough to do it if it will make them money, hell yeah!  Will they lie to us, all the time!  Still though I would apply Hanlon’s Razor and think it’s unlikely to be malice, benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty and all that...

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users