New device on the way, yay!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Titus_Scato #1 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42130 battles
  • [1RTR]

I've been playing Blitz on an iPad mini since forever.  Started on an iPad mini 2, and later upgraded to an iPad mini 4 in 2016.  (Tried Blitz on my newer 2018 iPad 9,7", but due to the rugged cases I have to use because I'm so clumsy, it was too heavy.)

Just bought a new iPad mini 5 today!  Arriving in the 2nd week of April.

The A10 Fusion chip in the mini 5 should be a big step up from the old A8 in the mini 4.  Finally I'll be running Blitz at maximum graphic settings!

Just have to find a nice rugged case for it now.  I'm forever dropping tablets and phones, so it's a must have for me.

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46922 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 26 March 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

I've been playing Blitz on an iPad mini since forever.  Started on an iPad mini 2, and later upgraded to an iPad mini 4 in 2016.  (Tried Blitz on my newer 2018 iPad 9,7", but due to the rugged cases I have to use because I'm so clumsy, it was too heavy.)

The A10 Fusion chip in the mini 5 should be a big step up from the old A8 in the mini 4.  Finally I'll be running Blitz at maximum graphic settings!

Just have to find a nice rugged case for it now.  I'm forever dropping tablets and phones, so it's a must have for me.

Otterbox used to be one of the best when I was flogging iPads to schools. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Sir_erfan #3 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18688 battles

View PostTitus_Scato, on 27 March 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

you know the mini has A12 right ? No you dont 

And the late ipads are not that good for playing games compared to the ipad pros with  AnumberX chips because the chips on normal ipads are essentially the chips used in iphones which have less graphics memory 

If every tank is OP , none is

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37615 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Get a good quality screen protector.

I had a good one that lifted over time from my case, age etc, it lasted well.

I then put a cheap one on. Plasticky and bubbled when applying it. Overall just crap.

Ordered and applied a new tempered glass screen protector. So good and feels like a new device.

Need to wear my thumb grooves back into the screen, its too smooth.

Also if your device has a black bezel you can run a small strip of electrical tap on the corners. This helps stop the case from lifting the screen protector when you take it out and replace it when cleaning etc.

just make sure the tap isnt in an area you rub or the adhesive sometimes rubs out. 

Have fun at max settings!

Titus_Scato #5 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42130 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostSir_erfan, on 27 March 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

you know the mini has A12 right ? No you dont 

And the late ipads are not that good for playing games compared to the ipad pros with  AnumberX chips because the chips on normal ipads are essentially the chips used in iphones which have less graphics memory 

No, I didn't know the mini 5 had the A12 chip.  In the previews I read, they were expecting it to be the A10 Fusion.  Thanks!

If there was an iPad mini Pro, I'd buy it.  But there isn't. 

The iPad Pro 11" is nice, but double the price of the iPad mini 5 - can't afford it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users