Toon mods needed (not footie based)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

llo1 #1 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [1RTR]

Since the start of the competition I have found the toon in the game to really influence the battle one way or the other, and nothing the rest of the players do seems to have effect on the outcome.

I have no problem with toons, but recently seem to notice the preponderance of "Same tank" toons in the games I am playing.

When this toon is simply a pair of the same tank, then when it is something like the Smasher, or Helsing, then whichever team has them generally wins, and wins easy.

I would like to see toons limited to having different tanks, maybe even different types of tanks.....this will not stop good players performing to their ability, but would stop those that simply drive OP tanks having a second OP tank on their team, and from someone they know have the same tank advantage.

What do others think....am I correctly concerned about this?

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Tijgerhaai_XIV #2 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10515 battles
  • [ALBA]
Dunno.

Had to carry a Smasher toon recently in my T28 Prot (hi Amaunet85 :) ) so maybe not.

The matchmaker will put at least one of the same tank on the other team if it can, so maybe the effect is not so great.

Maybe there are too many rules as it is.

Maybe...

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I personally think there's too many rules trying to "make MM fairer" and it's fine as it is, so it's a no from me...

Obviously, though if this was football related and there was a way to mod my beloved Toon (NUFC) to perform better I'd be all for it :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35811 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Smasher and  helsing platoons!

Smasher and dracula platoons!

Helsing and dracula platoons!

Maybe WG should balance tanks better...

but then how would they make the same money as selling overpriced overpowered tanks?

jonty_2014 #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64180 battles
  • [EMRS]

As the Mighty Wombat alludes to - beware the law of unintended consequence... ban same type toons and see what rage ensues.

I did see a double Sturer Emil toon recently. It didn’t work out well.

llo1 #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 15 April 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

Smasher and  helsing platoons!

Smasher and dracula platoons!

Helsing and dracula platoons!

Maybe WG should balance tanks better...

but then how would they make the same money as selling overpriced overpowered tanks?

Please read the original post, I was merely on about to tanks the same, as a toon.

I just happened to mention my own bugbear of the fake tanks, but it can cover the next set of toons that I bumped into, which was a pair of Tiger (P)'s together!

Should you get a pair of these in the same toon, and they have only a barest nous how to play, it STILL makes the toon too much of an influence on the outcome of the game to whichever side have them!

llo1 #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postjonty_2014, on 15 April 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

I did see a double Sturer Emil toon recently. It didn’t work out well.

Maybe they were simply masochists.....or maybe Titus has a brother!

Titus_Scato #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

My solution to this problem is one I've suggested before.

All fantasy tanks (list below):

1. get changed (i.e. buffed) to Tier VIII if they're of a lower tier
  2. get their credit coefficient buffed
  3. get confined to just 1 map (Badlands)
  4. in just 1 game mode (Mad Games)

forever.

• Other Tier VII, VIII and IX tanks can choose to play Mad Games, and join the fantasy tanks in the Badlands.
  • But the fantasy tanks can only play Mad Games, and can only play in the Badlands map (price you pay for being silly OP).
  • On the other hand, it will no longer matter how OP the fantasy tanks are - they can be as OP as needed to make them fun!
  • Non-fantasy tanks enter Mad Games mode at their own risk!

List of fantasy tanks:

1. Scavenger
  2. Edelweiss
  3. T6 Dracula
  4. Hafen
  5. Tankenstein
  6. Nameless
  7. Lupus
  8. Predator Ultramarines
  9. Gravedigger
  10. Smasher
  11. Helsing H0
  12. WZ 135G FT Blaze
  13. Vindicator Ultramarines
  14. O-47
  15. 112 Glacial
  16. T34 Independence
  17. IS-3 Defender
  18. T28 Defender

Lupus

Edited by Titus_Scato, 15 April 2019 - 07:33 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Titus, you gotta let the hate go, Fantasy Tanks at here to stay, in your suggested mode, hardly anyone would play it and WG need to have the OP fantasy tanks running around to get people to spend silly money on them…

Personally I think it’s fine as it is, I very rarely come across an OP toon (fantasy tanks or otherwise) and so don’t think it’s a big problem…

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

Colmain595 #10 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42219 battles
  • [KRH]

I'm with Titus on this one and agree with his list of fantasy tanks (even though I like my T34 Indy).  My fear is that as time goes by WG will eventually introduce more fantasy tanks to the extent that it will become just a fantasy tank type game.  As a business model it would probably get more interest from youngsters out there.  Unless WG create an entirely new game with the WOTB engine but with purely make believe tanks, which would (I believe) take many players away from Blitz.  The less fantasy tanks we have the better and those we do have should be, as Titus suggests, be only for Mad Games or something similar.  If that were to happen I'd also suggest that on occasions like Haloween, fantasy tanks could leak into the 'real' world of Blitz for a few days before returning once again to their own area in Mad Games.

Huzzah!

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Making a separate World of Tanks Fantasy Blitz (WTFBlitz for short) would take too many player away from WTBlitz, whilst there’s a lot of h8 to the fantasy tanks here, I reckon the vast majority of players like them or don’t mind them being in the game, it’s an arcade tank shoot em up not an ultra realistic WWII tank simulator as some seem to think…

If WG removed them I wouldn’t really care just as I don’t really care they added them, but the reality of it is, money talks and look at how much dosh they can make from selling Dracula and Helsing…

For me, as an average player, I don’t find Dracula or Helsing OP, Gravedigger that’s a different story…

josh33841 #12 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12361 battles
  • [BRIT]
Mjreazy you had me untill 'For me, as an average player,I don’t find Dracula or Helsing OP, Gravedigger that’s a different story…' now I agree with you that fantasy tanks are here to stay but I would like to hear why you think these tanks are balanced for they outclass there non premium peers considerably  in most if not all aspects

reekoiler #13 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39887 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 15 April 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

My solution to this problem is one I've suggested before.

All fantasy tanks (list below):

1. get changed (i.e. buffed) to Tier VIII if they're of a lower tier
  2. get their credit coefficient buffed
  3. get confined to just 1 map (Badlands)
  4. in just 1 game mode (Mad Games)

forever.

• Other Tier VII, VIII and IX tanks can choose to play Mad Games, and join the fantasy tanks in the Badlands.
  • But the fantasy tanks can only play Mad Games, and can only play in the Badlands map (price you pay for being silly OP).
  • On the other hand, it will no longer matter how OP the fantasy tanks are - they can be as OP as needed to make them fun!
  • Non-fantasy tanks enter Mad Games mode at their own risk!

List of fantasy tanks:

1. Scavenger
  2. Edelweiss
  3. T6 Dracula
  4. Hafen
  5. Tankenstein
  6. Nameless
  7. Lupus
  8. Predator Ultramarines
  9. Gravedigger
  10. Smasher
  11. Helsing H0
  12. WZ 135G FT Blaze
  13. Vindicator Ultramarines
  14. O-47
  15. 112 Glacial
  16. T34 Independence
  17. IS-3 Defender
  18. T28 Defender

Lupus

I don’t have a single one of them.

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25156 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postjosh33841, on 15 April 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Mjreazy you had me untill 'For me, as an average player,I don’t find Dracula or Helsing OP, Gravedigger that’s a different story…' now I agree with you that fantasy tanks are here to stay but I would like to hear why you think these tanks are balanced for they outclass there non premium peers considerably in most if not all aspects

Based on my own experiences as a bad/average player,  Gravedigger is my #1 tank and it just feels unfair playing it, even as bottom tier I do ok in it…

The Dracula and Hellthing are not like that, I do ok when top tier but not lots better than average like I do in GD and find them close to useless when bottom tier…

They’re good tanks sure and I know the blitzstars WR, dmg etc are better than equivalent tech tree or premiums and so they are OP on that basis I just think they’re not easy to play and not OP for bad/average players like me…

I didn’t say they’re balanced…

HTH

Replicant_2 #15 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4156 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postllo1, on 14 April 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Since the start of the competition I have found the toon in the game to really influence the battle one way or the other, and nothing the rest of the players do seems to have effect on the outcome.

I have no problem with toons, but recently seem to notice the preponderance of "Same tank" toons in the games I am playing.

When this toon is simply a pair of the same tank, then when it is something like the Smasher, or Helsing, then whichever team has them generally wins, and wins easy.

I would like to see toons limited to having different tanks, maybe even different types of tanks.....this will not stop good players performing to their ability, but would stop those that simply drive OP tanks having a second OP tank on their team, and from someone they know have the same tank advantage.

What do others think....am I correctly concerned about this?

There will be an equivalent toon on reds as well, in the end it's about players.

Just had a toon of 70%+ on greens as I was denoobing my dw2 (horrible stats from early days). Don't need to tell you how that went (some sealclubbers from a pro clan in kenny and su-76i).

Some time ago I met a toon of 2 dw2 on reds, both players well over 20K battles, just rolled over my team while the rest of reds evaporated.

On the other hand I've seen toons of tigers being destroyed easily.

You cannot rule or balance that out, you can destroy half of the game trying though so maybe let's not give WG ideas how to wreck the other half. 

Edited by Replicant_2, 15 April 2019 - 11:39 PM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Titus_Scato #16 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 15 April 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Titus, you gotta let the hate go…

No, I doesn't... 

<Gollum voice>

"Hsss... Fantasssy tanksss... gollum!  We hates them, preciousss... they upsetsss the balancesss, so they doesss, yesss gollum...  they STOLE the preciousss hissstorical atmosssphere from usss, they RUINSSS IT, yesss preciousss!  We hates them, we hates them, we hates them FOR EVERRRR!!!"

:angry:

llo1 #17 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27379 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 15 April 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Making a separate World of Tanks Fantasy Blitz (WTFBlitz for short) would take too many player away from WTBlitz, whilst there’s a lot of h8 to the fantasy tanks here, I reckon the vast majority of players like them or don’t mind them being in the game, it’s an arcade tank shoot em up not an ultra realistic WWII tank simulator as some seem to think…

If WG removed them I wouldn’t really care just as I don’t really care they added them, but the reality of it is, money talks and look at how much dosh they can make from selling Dracula and Helsing…

For me, as an average player, I don’t find Dracula or Helsing OP, Gravedigger that’s a different story…

There is no need to create a separate WTFBlitz for those who want to/need to/have to play fantasy tanks...simply have a fantasy map as Titus says, then anyone can play it should they desire to.....simply ensure that no fantasy tanks play the other maps!

Simples!

So simple WG will never implement it! They prefer to ruin the rest of The gameplay by not fixing anything!

The_Mighty_Wombat #18 Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35811 battles
  • [-GNA-]
Why dont we just remove the rest of the historical tech tree tanks, make them collectables and add more fantasy tanks and bright camos? :popcorn:

Titus_Scato #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 16 April 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Why dont we just remove the rest of the historical tech tree tanks, make them collectables and add more fantasy tanks and bright camos? :popcorn:

Sure, why not?  

High-end phones are already nearly powerful as older consoles like the PS3, just ditch Blitz, port the console version of WoT to mobile, and port the PC version to console.  WG makes lots of money since all the former Blitz players have to start the game all over again on the new mobile version, all their Tier X grinds and premium tanks on Blitz are lost without compensation. Job done!

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/best-phones-for-gaming/

Edited by Titus_Scato, 16 April 2019 - 03:43 PM.

DumbApe #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23570 battles
  • [HRG]

This whole concept of balanced tanks is pretty odd to me.  Some tanks are faster, some better accuracy, some really armoured well.  Then on each map there are terrain features that help some tanks and hinder others. Players work their way through the Tech Tree making choices and improving the basic qualities with upgrades and skills etc.  The basic concept of the game is actually about making the best of what you have tank wise.

Having fun isn't really about balancing the tanks it is about playing them well in the context of the team.  Balancing the teams is really the challenge, but that is something far more difficult to do.  Depending on my mood I play differently, sometimes calm and collected, other times liked a complete loon... The MM can't predict which one has turned up and shouldn't have to either.

All this talk of balancing everything to the nth degree is missing the point IMO ... it is the variety of all the different maps, tanks and teams that keeps us coming back.  

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a stupid number of tanks. Not totally sh*te at this game but still working on it 

Clan commander Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users