• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 479 battles
  • [WG]

New missions

You install Update 5.10 one day, take a look around the Garage, and find nothing new. All right, they probably just fixed general bugs and client crashes, you assume. Then you decide to fight a battle. But before that, first you check your daily missions, open the corresponding tab, and... 

WHOOPS! You can't believe your eyes, since everything is completely different here! The interface is new, the number of missions is larger, their conditions are more diverse, and the rewards are cooler and better!

Full news text

Smashing camo

It feels much better when your vehicle not only easily smashes enemies, but looks smashing! Update 5.10 features many camouflage options that you can try on your favorite vehicles. Meanwhile, let's take a look at the new spring camos and see which of them will transform your tank into the most stylish battle vehicle on the server!

Full news text

Balance Improvements

In Update 5.10, the main changes were aimed at improving guns for Tier I–V vehicles and enhancing armor for Tier VI heavy tanks. In addition, the individual parts of the German VK 45.02 A heavy tank received reinforced armor and the rate of fire was increased for several Tier VI–VIII tanks.

Full news text

Update 5.10

Mix a striking camouflage with a new system of missions, add a new-look Garage, and, for the finishing touch, sprinkle a dozen various avatars on top. Voila! A colorful spring update is ready! Update 5.10 will take effect on April 24.

Full news text

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41580 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 April 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

New missions

You install Update 5.10 one day, take a look around the Garage, and find nothing new. All right, they probably just fixed general bugs and client crashes, you assume. Then you decide to fight a battle. But before that, first you check your daily missions, open the corresponding tab, and... 

WHOOPS! You can't believe your eyes, since everything is completely different here! The interface is new, the number of missions is larger, their conditions are more diverse, and the rewards are cooldown boosters!

Full news text

Fixed it for you 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

gallabru #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17359 battles
  • [LAGER]
Any news about rng pen reduction ?

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

RibbleStripe #4 Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 479 battles
  • [WG]

View Postgallabru, on 19 April 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Any news about rng pen reduction ?

If something changes we'll inform you in advance. 

Chairman_merpug #5 Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41580 battles
  • [AFK]
@RibbleStripe I've not had time to watch the stream, but can you clarify the purpose of missions? Are they there to help players improve their skills, or are they just something to give rewards to help player retention?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Replicant_2 #6 Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3961 battles
  • [HRG]

Hi,

While the new mission mechanics are difficult to judge before seeing them in action (and actually seeing what rewards they give), in terms of user interface it feels like a substantial step backwards:

1) Crates - seriously?!? did this game really need another type of crates? we have daily/ weekly crates, season crates, tank gambling crates, occasionally discounted gold crates (these are good btw :) ), clan supply crates, did I miss anything?

2) the mission screen - what was wrong with getting rewards right after completing a mission. You've added two entirely redundant steps to the process: click "CLAIM" and then once you claim enough keys "open crate". Given that there's nothing else you can do with the keys and your battle achievements count towards all matching missions so there's no question as to "should I claim this mission OR the other because I can only choose one" both of them are purely mechanical steps that could and should be done automatically. It's not much effort but it doesn't add anything either.

The mission levels I'm not sure about. On one hand you need to differentiate between tiers, on the other, a promise of higher rewards will push new players even faster up the tiers before they're ready.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

obrock1 #7 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15899 battles
  • [TAN-K]

Are you serious?

Not only complicating the craze system... but also completely removing the (only slight) chance to win a tank by the weekly crates?

DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Makes the game more unattractive again.

The_Mighty_Wombat #8 Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Guess the crates were giving too much away.

Now you NEED to play games to earn currency to open your daily and weekly crates.

So far it looks like we lost the chance to win tanks.

Now we get avatars that are even more useless then poo-sters.

So forcing players to play more and give worse rewards? :facepalm:

gallabru #9 Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17359 battles
  • [LAGER]

Exactly what I was thinking. I will no longer be able to play one account and just open the daily crates on my alt (or vice versa).

Edited by gallabru, 19 April 2019 - 02:06 PM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Replicant_2 #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3961 battles
  • [HRG]

It doesn't say anywhere that the mission crates will replace existing daily/weekly crates. It does say however that you cannot purchase them from credits/gold and WG don't take losing revenue easily.

While it would be nice if Ribble could confirm that, I could see the old crates existing alongside the new mission crate system.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Pururut #11 Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22949 battles
  • [1RTR_]
Just saw something new on Official Blitz Discord in the news channel stating that legendary camos will change the tanks name. Is it going to replace the tanks name completely during matches or just add the name of the camo? If it is the former case then it is both cringy and will cause a lot of confusion. 

The most demanding task for a men of Orient is to Westernize his mind, that is to adopt critical thinking and acting as one-self against the will of many. Legacy of being exempt from the Tillian argument through centralized empires with no true contenders except actors from within, the very fabric of society; its norms, laws and ideas are in a dichotomy with the fad of democracy and thus liberal thinking. The sharp contrast between the form and matter can only be synchronized through dedicated studying, thinking and writing. If successful, the outcome can be considered superior to the men of Occident and Orient alike for he who masters the passion and reason shall inevitably prove superior in time.

Titus_Scato #12 Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41599 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostPururut, on 19 April 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Just saw something new on Official Blitz Discord in the news channel stating that legendary camos will change the tanks name. Is it going to replace the tanks name completely during matches or just add the name of the camo? If it is the former case then it is both cringy and will cause a lot of confusion. 

I think it will just add the name of the camo after the existing name, not replace it entirely.

Chairman_merpug #13 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41580 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPururut, on 19 April 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Cringy? Not like sexualised drawings of schoolgirls is cringy or anything. 

Pururut #14 Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22949 battles
  • [1RTR_]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 20 April 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

Cringy? Not like sexualised drawings of schoolgirls is cringy or anything. 

The most demanding task for a men of Orient is to Westernize his mind, that is to adopt critical thinking and acting as one-self against the will of many. Legacy of being exempt from the Tillian argument through centralized empires with no true contenders except actors from within, the very fabric of society; its norms, laws and ideas are in a dichotomy with the fad of democracy and thus liberal thinking. The sharp contrast between the form and matter can only be synchronized through dedicated studying, thinking and writing. If successful, the outcome can be considered superior to the men of Occident and Orient alike for he who masters the passion and reason shall inevitably prove superior in time.

Adaminkton #15 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9143 battles
  • [PBP_]
In recent event players could get tacticalshield certified, will it be usable after the update?

filmin #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2648 battles
  • [DFS7]

Hi

RibbleStripe when the update will be on? This one looks interesting for me. I think I will go back to this game.

filmin

The community said: Give us new tanks Wargaming!!!!. The Wargaming said: Let's remove half of tanks from game to make noobs play comfortable. Result: Tanks got unbalancedTHAT'S THE LOGIC OF EARNING MONEY "TANKERS"

Titus_Scato #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41599 battles
  • [1RTR]

Avatars would only make sense if they worked like camos.

You pick one you like, and stick with it.  And it never expires.

Over time, players would begin to recognise you by your avatar.

Avatars that change every few days are completely pointless.

RibbleStripe #18 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 479 battles
  • [WG]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 19 April 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

@RibbleStripe I've not had time to watch the stream, but can you clarify the purpose of missions? Are they there to help players improve their skills, or are they just something to give rewards to help player retention?

Current missions don't provide a challenge, they can be completed without noticing. So we made it more challenging and of course active and effective play will be rewarded properly.

View Postobrock1, on 19 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Are you serious?

Not only complicating the crate system... but also completely removing the (only slight) chance to win a tank by the weekly crates?

DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Makes the game more unattractive again.

Weekly crates are gone? Was it said somewhere? 

View PostReplicant_2, on 19 April 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

It doesn't say anywhere that the mission crates will replace existing daily/weekly crates. It does say however that you cannot purchase them from credits/gold and WG don't take losing revenue easily.

While it would be nice if Ribble could confirm that, I could see the old crates existing alongside the new mission crate system.

Regular containers stay untouched. There are no changes with them.

View PostPururut, on 19 April 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Tank's model will be shown, don't worry about that.

View PostAdaminkton, on 20 April 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

In recent event players could get tacticalshield certified, will it be usable after the update?

Yes.

View Postfilmin, on 21 April 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Hi

RibbleStripe when the update will be on? This one looks interesting for me. I think I will go back to this game.

filmin

It's coming this week.

HablmetForever #19 Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14618 battles
  • [-WHB-]
Well personally this update has left me a bit confused...here's hoping 5.10 will be a bit better, then. Mission system seems very familiar to PUBG - got any idea if 50k credits a day is an okay guess with the container grinding? (And will the current standard/large/huge containers be removed?)
P.S. I'd rather prefer an emu avatar than a kangaroo avatar lol.
-WHB- is still recruiting! Contact me in the game, on Discord, wherever I'm available, and we can settle the rest out!

filmin #20 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:56 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2648 battles
  • [DFS7]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 22 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

It's coming this week.

Good to know... I'm waiting...

The community said: Give us new tanks Wargaming!!!!. The Wargaming said: Let's remove half of tanks from game to make noobs play comfortable. Result: Tanks got unbalancedTHAT'S THE LOGIC OF EARNING MONEY "TANKERS"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users