T-34-1. The Criminally Underrated Tank, Volume I.

t-34-1 good tank actually get it please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: T-34-1 Extravaganza! (5 members have cast votes)

Do/Did you like the T-34-1?

1. Yeah, I do/did like it. (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No, I don't/didn't like it. (1 vote [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

How well do you think the 34-1 handles aggressive gameplay?

1. I think it handles it quite well. (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. I don't think it handles it well. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I have no idea. (1 vote [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Do you think the 34-1 should be buffed? If so, how?

1. Armor - hull armor, HP, module health.. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Gun - dispersion, aim time, ROF... (1 vote [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Mobility - effective horsepower, traverse rates... (1 vote [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Nothing - it's fine as it is. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

HablmetForever #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17272 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Hey guys. I was gone for a while, and that was to ensure that I can provide some actually okay quick guides for the forums. In the meantime, I have completely trashed the idea of fancy Adobe-made headers for the topics, as all it is about is text anyway.
So, the 34-1. I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting too much except a big gun and a strong turret. The Type 58 perfectly prepared me for this thing, and I've got to say that it did it well. While I was bad in it at first, now I'm much better in it and I think I know how to play it with decent results. So let's get right to it and we'll see if you're interested in it.

Gun. Hard to say

What's difficult to say about the gun is how it really works. By that I mean if it hits well. And, well, it does. But that's because I'm playing it rather aggressively. That's a very important point, since the dispersion is a whooping 0.380m. That's pretty bad for a medium, but this factor gets almost completely nullified by the fact that you're usually close to enemy tanks. Sniping is something I can't recommend with this gun, as it doesn't hit reliably at all. The reload time, for a 100mm gun, is rather decent. I'm currently on 7.9s. 280 alpha and 175mm pen make this a rather good gun for a medium tank of this size, and I'll talk about that later. What you should make sure is that your shots hit. While you shouldn't be able to run out of ammo before the battle ends, anyway, you shouldn't waste shells especially if you're close to the enemy. Hit them and don't get hit in return. The health is gonna be really useful near the end, trust me..

Armor. Tiny tank with a riot shield

The brilliant factor of the T-34-1 lies in its turret, without which it would just be a small tank with a big gun that wouldn't be able to tank anything, because quite frankly the hull armor is garbage. And that's perfectly fine, as the turret makes up for it with a ton of bulk.
The Chinese have clearly been inspired by Soviet engineers. The typical dome-shaped turret is now gonna stay on Chinese mediums, and as such you get massive amounts of effective armor. It's really easy to get over 220mm of effective armor on this thing, but of course it isn't indestructible. There's a small cupola you still have a chance of hitting, and the turret sides and rear aren't too strong. But it's still a downright insane turret for the tank! It is also mounted on the front, which gives it advantages you wouldn't normally think of. For example, a front-mounted turret helps peek-a-booming a lot. It also means the tracks won't be the very first thing the enemy will see when they will fire at your tank. And the low profile helps camo by a lot. It's sneaky, gets past tanks without much difficulty and can tank a few shots in a pinch. Well, what's the issue with the armor then?
As I have said already, the hull armor is terrible. It can't tank shots, my effective value on it is 100mm dead on. The side armor is very easy to pen, and of course the rear armor is easy as well, but you should kinda expect that with a tank like this. The 1100 HP limit isn't too bad, either - just be sure you don't make any mistakes while tanking.

Mobility. Good enough

You won't be standing out from the competition this time with mobility. 50km/h isn't bad at all, but you won't get there quickly despite your rather low weight (so don't ram!), so you shouldn't rely on it too much. It is good, just like the traverse, but it's just not gonna stand out in anything else. You're not something very quick, but you're no slouch, either.

Grand finale. Volume one?

So what do I mean by volume one? Well, let's just say there's a few other criminally underrated tanks in this line..I won't say which, but I must say, I have a sudden urge to work so I can afford the T-34-3 and the Revalorisé. I still didn't ace the tank, but I'm sure planning to.
Is it a keeper? If you like this sort of gameplay, then yes, but I don't think I'll keep it. I'll be working quickly on other content, and I need to get money for the IS-7 equipment :p. Feel free to post your own recommendations for the tank as always!

Pros:

• Big gun, big alpha.
  • Criminally underrated turret. Seriously! Just move back and forth, or more preferably if you can, side to side. It will get hit less.
  • Fair enough mobility.
  • Front-mounted turret.

Cons:

• Mediocre gun depression.
  • Mobility is middle of the pack.
  • ROF is relatively low, dispersion is very high.

Edited by HablmetForever, 12 May 2019 - 07:43 PM.

A man with not so good vibes is in VIBES. thinking out loud

metaters #2 Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 53197 battles
  • [49DIV]
I do really like this tank, more so than the tiers 8 and 9, and I'm finding the tier 10 to be very good too, a very consistent line.

Mark_Collins #3 Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33811 battles
  • [GRAVE]

Same here. I really like this tank and it is a nice change to play a reasonably mobile medium with a big gun :-)

One small problem with your poll - there is no option in question 3 to say that no, the tank doesn't need a buff. It is fine as it is. :-p

HablmetForever #4 Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17272 battles
  • [-TXC-]

View PostMark_Collins, on 06 May 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Same here. I really like this tank and it is a nice change to play a reasonably mobile medium with a big gun :-)

One small problem with your poll - there is no option in question 3 to say that no, the tank doesn't need a buff. It is fine as it is. :-p

Yep, looks like Uncle Hab has a bad case of being a nab again. I failed to add that lol

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #5 Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49596 battles
  • [RA1D]

It is a VERY good tank. Imho the most effective tank of the whole line, as it gets the typical strengths (High Alpha, great turret) without suffering from the weaknesses many later tanks do (low pen, miserable gun depression). It's incredibly small and hard to hit, the front turret is perfect for peek-a-boo and the gun handling is good enough for what it is. But what really makes this an exceptionally good tank is the 175mm of penetration. Having 175mm in a Tier where most Mediums have 145-155mm of penetration strength is incredibly handy, especially when handling the Nemesis of all Tier 7 tanks: The Tier 8 IS-tanks. 280 Alpha and the pen means you can even take on some IS-3s etc. head-on when you are in a good position. Of course you should still try to flank but simply having this possibility is a great feat in Lowtier-heavy Tier 7. 

As you say the other tanks in this line are quite underrated as well but I wouldn't really recommend any of those to someone who primarily wants to win battles. The T-34-1 on the other hand is a perfect bland of the interesting Chinese Med-playstyle and a tank that will not let you down in any situation. It's my Tier 7 tank with the highest Average Damage. Buff? No, really not.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

HablmetForever #6 Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17272 battles
  • [-TXC-]

View PostRA1D_SCHNITZEL_, on 15 May 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

It is a VERY good tank. Imho the most effective tank of the whole line, as it gets the typical strengths (High Alpha, great turret) without suffering from the weaknesses many later tanks do (low pen, miserable gun depression). It's incredibly small and hard to hit, the front turret is perfect for peek-a-boo and the gun handling is good enough for what it is. But what really makes this an exceptionally good tank is the 175mm of penetration. Having 175mm in a Tier where most Mediums have 145-155mm of penetration strength is incredibly handy, especially when handling the Nemesis of all Tier 7 tanks: The Tier 8 IS-tanks. 280 Alpha and the pen means you can even take on some IS-3s etc. head-on when you are in a good position. Of course you should still try to flank but simply having this possibility is a great feat in Lowtier-heavy Tier 7. 

As you say the other tanks in this line are quite underrated as well but I wouldn't really recommend any of those to someone who primarily wants to win battles. The T-34-1 on the other hand is a perfect bland of the interesting Chinese Med-playstyle and a tank that will not let you down in any situation. It's my Tier 7 tank with the highest Average Damage. Buff? No, really not.

Gonna try to play it tonight to fix my bad day then - I like the T-34-2 a lot but it's so annoying today...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users