27 replies to this topic

Titus_Scato #21 Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41828 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 23 May 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

What a lie. 

Quality of battles increases with player skill. You want battles that are easy, because the players are not very good.

Very, very sad. Even worse if you actually believe your own lies.

Quality can mean different things to different people.

I think Supremacy battles are quality, because they are more random than encounter, strategy is less predictable.  But others hate Supremacy for that very reason.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #22 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10602 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostUXB_10, on 23 May 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Pathetic you’re just a troll so go and do something else. Read the original post and you will note I asked if people could see any problems with this? So either contribute some constructive observations about this approach or just don’t bother commenting. 

The problem with your idea is that you have to be willing to exploit a game mechanism designed to protect new players, so that you can get the benefit that the game wants to give to players with under 5k battles for as long as possible. This has nothing to do with the quality of battles (point taken, Titus, but objectively quality would refer to the skill level of the players and the tactics used, enjoying low tier games for their chaos as opposed to high tier cautious dead locks is not the issue at stake here for example). This has to do with having easy games, with players that are still struggling to understand the basics as opponents and team mates so that you look better.

Call me a troll all you want, it doesn't disguise the fact I am telling the truth.

Titus_Scato #23 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41828 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 23 May 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

(point taken, Titus, but objectively quality would refer to the skill level of the players and the tactics used, enjoying low tier games for their chaos as opposed to high tier cautious dead locks is not the issue at stake here for example). 

A better word in this case would be 'difficulty'.

Generally, higher tier battles mean greater difficulty - except in rare cases like Update 5.10, when the A-20 is broken with HE pen the same as HEAT pen, meaning that all sealclubbers are rolling around in A-20's - sad as that is.

Strummer54 #24 Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58985 battles
As I’ve mentioned before in other threads Tijger, the 5,000 rule is a guideline. Wargaming have adapted to greater numbers sealclubbing and taken action to combat it. On my first I had a grace period of 100 battles with bots being gradually withdrawn, shortly after on my second it was down to 50. On my first account after 300 battles I was seeing players with over 35,000 battles including some friends on my main account, on my second it was down to 100 battles. Can’t remember exactly how many I have on each one, I think it’s 2,500 and around 1,200, but I can’t tell the difference in p,Ayer quality between my three accounts, in fact I’m grinding a couple of tier 9’s on my main and the quality of teams is sometimes the worst out of the lot. 

Tijgerhaai_XIV #25 Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10602 battles
  • [ALBA]

Yes, the difference can seem negligible when playing higher tiers. You'll find players like me, for example. There are countless examples of players simply making the wrong decisions or completely incapable of executing them. 

But I took out my alt for the first time in a while yesterday, and as I headed out to spot, my six teammates took up position in the same bush. The worst thing was that we won :( No thanks to me either as I just cannot use touch controls. Generally that stuff does not happen at higher tiers or in the big boy queue.

UXB_10 #26 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34159 battles
  • [CC]

Not my approach this multi account idea I only mentioned it because I have noticed some players only do one line on an account. I suspect that they have a few accounts, grinding a line to take advantage of the 5000 games if this still exists which it has been suggested may no longer be the case. In my current battles in the M8 tier 4 the games are pretty dreadful pretty much like tiers 1-3. My main observation is that new players must have very low expectations to stick with the game. I do think that the level of bots has declined at tier 4. My only real problem is having the motivation to continue grinding the line. I can see why a lot of new players fail to develop the diverse skills to be good at this game. No way could I adopt the multi account concept as was pointed out it is way too much hassle.

:izmena: It’s only a game!

The_Mighty_Wombat #27 Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35873 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Many countries share modules between the different lines.

So trying to split everything also means you will be grinding the same module multiple times and wasting XP.

More then enough points have been raised for why its pointless.

Only benefits are the Weaker opponents of being generally newer unskilled players or bots for a while.

Whats your plan for when the “potentially favorable MM” finishes?

UXB_10 #28 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34159 battles
  • [CC]

Well I suppose I just have to face the fact that I am crap at this game. Main account is pointless playing all the improvement in my playing higher tier games has come to nothing and been undone and I can’t face pressing the battle button.  Many of my friends have quit the game and most of the rest hardly play. Hence the dwindling player numbers On EU server. So time to give up and have a break and not spend any more money and time on a game I can’t play any more. As for the the reroll I just want some fun in a game I have invested a lot of time in.

Goodbye

:izmena: It’s only a game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users