Euro Vision Song Contest - The Blitz Version

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Colmain595 #1 Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42117 battles
  • [KRH]

OK, last night saw the Eurovision Song Contest grace our screens once again.  It's always good for a laugh and us Brits don't take it anywhere as seriously as most countries seem to do.  Our commentator takes the piss during the event, it's currently Graham Norton and before that the legend that was - Terry Wogan.

I think WG missed a marketing opportunity here by not hosting a related event.  So let's start a thread, our own completion if you like.  The rules are:

1.  You can put forward 2 tanks.

2.  The tanks must be from the game.

3.  The tanks can from any nation and be of any type/class (TD, Med, Prem, collector etc etc).

My nominations are:

1.  The Chieftain Mk6:  An awesome machine of the highest pedigree.  It's reputation is well deserved.  A strong contestant (so long as the rest of Europe stops neighbour scoring and stops hating us Brits lol).  The choice of vid because I live in the hope that my ole Chieftain will one day care about my WR and where she is concerned, I am just a wee puppet.

https://www.youtube....h?v=4xnzPnyyWbY

2.  The Angry Connor:  it's quirky which holds well in the Euro and I'm from Ulster, so it's good.  Plus the Eurotrash always likes us Irish.  This vid because in my Connor, when the gun is singing, I think all sorts of wonderful things in my happy space.  Plus Dana was a cracking looking woman.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8xmnd3uiK_Y

What are your choices?

Huzzah!

Just had to add vids because Mjr E raised the game lol.

Edited by Colmain595, 19 May 2019 - 06:18 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25086 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Lol, I can admit my guilty secret, I love Eurovision!  It is one of the funniest things on tele and thankfully safe post BREXIT!

Don’t forget to raise a toast to Sir Terry at the 9th song or post in this case!

I’d nominate...

It’s so hard making my mind up...

1.  Bromwell, it’s the Bucks Fizz of blitz, it’s fast, fun and wears a pretty frock...

2. Deathstar, boom bang-a bang!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

reekoiler #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39843 battles
  • [FTC-1]

The only reason we don’t take Eurovision seriously is that we are singularly crap at it and everybody hates us and accordingly never votes for us.   I can assure you, we saw it as our special domain in the 60s when the like of P Clark, C Richard and S Shaw used to win it.   Then it was a (genuinely) laughable badge of pathetic national pride.   So don’t get too chuffed.   The British, as ever, take themselves and their supposedly fabled sense of humour (mostly consisting of not holding their drink and being offensive) far too seriously.

As I fail to see any connection between the song contest and your proposed game, I am not playing.

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25086 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Did you get out of wrong side of bed this morning?  It’s just a bit of fun...

I don’t think the quality of our entry matters a jot, you’re right though everyone hates us, the poor lad getting 3 points from the public vote shows that...

You’re right though, I am offensive and can’t hold me drink, on yet another chat ban :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Titus_Scato #5 Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

Not on Eurovision but should have been!

TOG 2 a.k.a. Susan Boyle, enjoy!

Y4533N #6 Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25380 battles
  • [RIOT-]

Sorry, I'm not a fan of support eurovision but I dont hate it either until it was hosted in Israel which condone state sponsored terrorism. Iceland's opinions getting flak for wanting Palestinians to have equal rights and equality suppressed.

I clearly understand this post does not imply or support hate and it is harmless fun but Eurovision itself does...

Clan Leader of RIOT      Several WOTB clans use our clan bot and we have 2 clan servers - so we are very active. Join the public Discord Server WITH discord link:-  https://discord.gg/uwSNe5T & WE HAVE OUR OWN Discord bot with over 4000 users!   "When I die, I want WG to lower me in the Grave so they can let me downg one last time"  - Y4533N.  :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users