Mäuschen - it sucks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

JoyV #1 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14777 battles
  • [301ST]

After playing the vk 100.01 (p) having a 56 wintare in it after 300+ battles i finally got the Mäuschen. Stock it really sucks. Slow, low pen and rof. After upgrading it got better but it still has some serious flaws. It is very slow but unlike the 100.01 (p) it has an even weaker cupola. It is more prominent and easy to hit making the armor useless. It also gots bottom tier most of the times. Against tier 10 it cant even effectively contribute to the team. You get flanked almost every time by mediums and sometimes Soviet heavies. While i was very confident with the 100.01 (p) even against tier 9 i dont feel strong with the Mäuschen. Now i want to know, is getting the Maus a good idea? Is it any better tier for tier compared to the Mäuschen? Or is there a way to make the Mäuschen perform better?

Thanks in advance,

JoyV

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25086 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Whilst your WR is much better than mine in VK your other stats are pretty bad in it (as are mine), I too hate the Mauschen and find it pretty poor even when top tier compared to VK...

your spot rate is high compared to kdr, kpb, dpb and hpb, maybe you are being too aggressive and dying too early?

Based on what I’ve seen of the Maus, I don’t think things are going to get easier because of the tank, like me, you need to get better as a player...

I’m not having a go just pointing out that the stats indicate it’s me (and you) that is the issue not the tank...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Titus_Scato #3 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

With the VK 100.01(P) you should try to sidescrape with the right hand side of your tank showing to the enemy.

With the Mauschen, it's the other way round - show the left hand side of your tank to the enemy.

This is because the Mauschen has the cupola on the other side of the turret.  (Oh, BTW, that cupola is taller than the VK 100.01(P)'s, but also narrower.)

Replicant_2 #4 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4083 battles
  • [HRG]
There's a reson why Germans are famous for their big cats not little mice.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

JoyV #5 Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14777 battles
  • [301ST]
Since i started this topic i have tried to play it more cautiously and it paid out. I just win game after game now and contribute to my team. With 2000+ damage being quite common. Thank you for the very good advice everyone!

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #6 Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 48146 battles
  • [RA1D]

The most important thing about any of the Maus tanks is soaking up damage. You are not a great damage dealer, less and less as you continue towards the Maus as the gun stays the same. You are there to hold the frontline, make the reds shoot you and not your teammates and soak it up with your armour and loads of HP. 

And this is imho also the reason why the Mäuschen is probably the least capable of the three and why I think the recent Nerf was a bit over the top: It simply isn't reliable enough. It has all those annoying weakspots: The Cupola, the turret cheeks, the track wheel, the lower front plate etc. Sidescraping and wiggling will still make it work but you'll have to be careful. The Tier X Maus is much more reliable. As long as you can hide that tiny lower front plate you can angle it in a way that it is almost impossible to pen for most tanks apart of certain TDs. 

Ah, and in case you didn't know yet: The Maus is all about side armour. It's front armour is meh but it has this crazy 180mm of side armour, this means that you will want to angle it at least 30 degrees to the side and - even more important - angle that turret! As it has almost the same frontal and side armour you will want to angle the turret at almost 45 degrees. 

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostReplicant_2, on 20 May 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

There's a reson why Germans are famous for their big cats not little mice.

The Japanese invented Godzilla.

The Germans tried 'Godmouse'.  But it didn't work out.  

The Americans, however, had a great success with Mickey Mouse.  Disney propaganda was more effective in WW2 than the Maus.

filmin #8 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2648 battles
  • [DFS7]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 21 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

The Japanese invented Godzilla.

The Germans tried 'Godmouse' aka " Land Battleship <A overgrown Rat> P 1000".  But it didn't work out.  

The Americans, however, had a great success with Mickey Mouse.  Disney propaganda was more effective in WW2 than the Maus.

fixed it for you

The community said: Give us new tanks Wargaming!!!!. The Wargaming said: Let's remove half of tanks from game to make noobs play comfortable. Result: Tanks got unbalancedTHAT'S THE LOGIC OF EARNING MONEY "TANKERS"

jylpah #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16680 battles
  • [AFK]

Are we talking about the most OP tanks in their respective tiers? The new German Maus-line tier VIII and IX tanks? Just wanted to check this. The both are ridiculously OP. Yes, those got bit nerfed, but the both are very good still. 

I have to admit I have played only few games with the Mäuschen after the nerf. :harp:

Edited by jylpah, 21 May 2019 - 08:39 PM.

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25086 battles
  • [BT_SV]
They're not OP in my hands, or at least the Mauschen isn't...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

OakTankTree #11 Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15748 battles
  • [TDF1]
Vk 100 used to be OP as all hell. Insane traverse, great gun. Basically making the tank impossible to kill most of the time if you're using another tier 8 heavy.

But after the nerfs, vk 100 is a bit average now. Mauschen... not sure. I played around maybe 50-80 battles in it before I sold it before the nerf, and now I can't really say if it's still good or not.

What I remember, it's an excellent tank for me. It's different than the Vk 100.01p due to it being a literal tier 9 Maus. It's made to take damage, it's a huge fort that bounces everything. Don't worry about the gun, just try to focus on helping your team by blocking shots for them.

And remember, wiggle everything if someone is about to fire at you. Highly likely they'll bounce... who knows.

If all else goes wrong. R A M M I N G  S P E E D
Facehug and make the enemies regret their desision of charging you.

If you're looking for a tank with a better gun or that is slighty smaller and faster. E75 is a great choice. Amazing tank as well :)

I don't know how to play this game.

DumbApe #12 Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23460 battles
  • [HRG]

Well I just had a surprise ... I dusted off the Mauschen for a lunchtime spin and was staggered to get a Mastery.  Now Masteries are not a common occurrence for me, but this one only required 2415 Dmg and 2 kill.  It was not at all a stellar game ...  

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 13.38.33.png

Maybe there just aren't many playing it anymore

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 13.38.33.png   259.21K

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a stupid number of tanks. Not totally sh*te at this game but still working on it 

Clan commander Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users