Video adds

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Strummer54 #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59063 battles
whats the reason for this...too many people have watched them all at 08.00?...or the advertisers don’t want their adds playing too many times?...there’s one employee that’s responsible for putting them on and he’s late for work?...beats me...

llo1 #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28183 battles
  • [1RTR]

Well at lease someone was polite enough to let you know!

I simply seems to havs periods of a week without even a button, and WG tell me they know it's a problem, but there will be no compensation as I can still play the game!

jonty_2014 #3 Posted 26 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65925 battles
  • [EMRS]
Wow.  Not seen that one.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

SAX0N_WARRI0R #4 Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44890 battles
  • [VIBES]

View Postllo1, on 25 May 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

Well at lease someone was polite enough to let you know!

I simply seems to havs periods of a week without even a button, and WG tell me they know it's a problem, but there will be no compensation as I can still play the game!

why would they give you compensation? did you watch a video and not get gold? 

filmin #5 Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2913 battles
  • [DFS7]

View PostStrummer54, on 25 May 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

whats the reason for this...too many people have watched them all at 08.00?...or the advertisers don’t want their adds playing too many times?...there’s one employee that’s responsible for putting them on and he’s late for work?...beats me...

Ads are from game files. So simply you can play them anytime you want, but they have some kind of time blockade, which means they can't be activated to quickly after first activation. For example you can see one ad 3 times, then another ad is shown to you and the first one have a "reload period" after which it can be shown again. If you watch ads too fast, you can get this message.

Edited by filmin, 29 May 2019 - 01:48 PM.

Honour those who were playing, and are playing the WoTB from the beginning, to now, up to eternity. We are legends now!!!:honoring:

filmin 2019-09-09 19:35

jonty_2014 #6 Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65925 battles
  • [EMRS]
The Ad thing is clearly country-specific - and governed by settings outside the immediate game parameters.

Currently on holiday in a former Warsaw Pact country - on WiFi - no adds - they don’t work and no gold is awarded - on mobile data I get adds....

Go figure...

Peddy_tanj_it #7 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 53552 battles
  • [TANG]

For me I have had no problems usually get the 5 adds per day. But because of poor ping and very bad lag after watching ads. I these days log into the game and just wach the ads whilst also doing something else cooking, eating , cleaning etc with just checking the tablet once or twice every five mins. Then shutdown the tablet before playing. If I try to run the game after watching an advert I will likely be killed at spawn or be going around in circles trying to make the tank go in any direction. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27184 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostPeddy_tanj_it, on 29 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

For me I have had no problems usually get the 5 adds per day. But because of poor ping and very bad lag after watching ads. I these days log into the game and just wach the ads whilst also doing something else cooking, eating , cleaning etc with just checking the tablet once or twice every five mins. Then shutdown the tablet before playing. If I try to run the game after watching an advert I will likely be killed at spawn or be going around in circles trying to make the tank go in any direction. 

Don’t tell him this...

It will become the latest excuse for losing...

The Tin Foil Army will now believe ads are part of the WG conspiracy against them, it’s obvious WG only have the ads to rig the game more...

:popcorn:

547146227.png

Colmain595 #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43201 battles
  • [KRH]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 29 May 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Don’t tell him this...

It will become the latest excuse for losing...

The Tin Foil Army will now believe ads are part of the WG conspiracy against them, it’s obvious WG only have the ads to rig the game more...

:popcorn:

The truth is WG are using ads against us in order to influence match outcomes.  It's part of the overall Stalanistic plan hatched by Putin himself and carried out by the FSB and other agencies, towards us here in the West.  One method of delivery is by agents.  Jonty has just exposed himself, failing in the persec (personal security) aspect by informing us, and I quote, "Currently on holiday in a former Warsaw Pact country".  

Then we have another agent, Mjr Eazy, for all to see.  Trying to spread disinformation such as the message above.  What's more  He belongs to a clan which requires the ownership of Soviet light tanks, the BTSV no less.

I present to you troops, the Reds amongst us who know that the gold ads affect our game outcome but are trying their hardest to make us think otherwise.

With this knowledge I'm crashing out on Active Edge to my concentration area somewhere on the North West German Plain, hull down, looking forward with a steely eyed star towards the East where the morn is breaking.  Cursing those gold ads, wait I can see a BTSV, thousands of them, bugger.

"Contact Reds front!!!"

Replicant_2 #10 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5469 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postjonty_2014, on 29 May 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

The Ad thing is clearly country-specific - and governed by settings outside the immediate game parameters.

Currently on holiday in a former Warsaw Pact country - on WiFi - no adds - they don’t work and no gold is awarded - on mobile data I get adds....

Go figure...

Odd, I also happen to be on a short break in a former Warsaw Pact territory (although the country I’m visiting technically didn’t exist at the time, which is true about most of them) and am happily harvesting gold on wifi and mobile data.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

jonty_2014 #11 Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65925 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostColmain595, on 30 May 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

The truth is WG are using ads against us in order to influence match outcomes.  It's part of the overall Stalanistic plan hatched by Putin himself and carried out by the FSB and other agencies, towards us here in the West.  One method of delivery is by agents.  Jonty has just exposed himself, failing in the persec (personal security) aspect by informing us, and I quote, "Currently on holiday in a former Warsaw Pact country".  

Then we have another agent, Mjr Eazy, for all to see.  Trying to spread disinformation such as the message above.  What's more  He belongs to a clan which requires the ownership of Soviet light tanks, the BTSV no less.

I present to you troops, the Reds amongst us who know that the gold ads affect our game outcome but are trying their hardest to make us think otherwise.

With this knowledge I'm crashing out on Active Edge to my concentration area somewhere on the North West German Plain, hull down, looking forward with a steely eyed star towards the East where the morn is breaking.  Cursing those gold ads, wait I can see a BTSV, thousands of them, bugger.

"Contact Reds front!!!"

Dammit Yuri, my cover is blown! 

IbuProfane #12 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21351 battles
  • [OLLY]

WG is doing a community service here and paying for it, besides the 10 gold is they show fake games with fake gameplay, so you know to avoid them and not waste time or money on such. :trollface:  

The most persistent seems to be ”ZDay Hearts of Heroes”, so far three interfaces from totally unrelated games... was a zombie arcade, now its battlefront... Good going scambots!

Edited by IbuProfane, 02 June 2019 - 11:08 AM.

Replicant_2 #13 Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5469 battles
  • [HRG]
Recently I noticed that that rather than fake games, the most prominent ad is one for a dating app, somewhat similar to the well known “swipe left, right” original.
I wonder whether the game is trying to tell me something or is it an effort from WG to reduce overall frustration and saltines in the playerbase:D

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Mjr_Leicht #14 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3517 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostReplicant_2, on 27 June 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Recently I noticed that that rather than fake games, the most prominent ad is one for a dating app, somewhat similar to the well known “swipe left, right” original.
I wonder whether the game is trying to tell me something or is it an effort from WG to reduce overall frustration and saltines in the playerbase:D

Lol, I get that one a lot and some bitcoin trading one too - I’d have thought the dating one would increase frustration as I don’t think the pretty young things on their would be swiping right on many WG profiles...
560273467.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users