Jump to content


What the hell is this amount of sub 46% players...


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4356 battles
  • 14
  • [-TRX-]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014
Im not good, dont get me wrong, im just 52% witch is kinda better than my 47ish% in WoT PC, but this is too much. When i i play i notice that in most games its me and another dude that are above 50% winrate. Hell most of my teammates are below 43%. Its really hard because no matter how fast you shoot, how much damage you do, and how fast you kill low hp enemys, the team just melts because, i can see these teammates paniking, and rotating turrets in whatever direction they see and stop shooting normally. They couldnt shoot straight in the begging but at the middle of the match they just start rolling their heads on the keyboard or touchscreen. Its worse when you see your top tier tank, an IS-3 that was afk for 70% of the battle then suddenly come back, sees some enemys and rushes them, and while moving with atleast 100 meters left between them just fires a shot on the move and misses. Of course you are gonna miss [edited]. Like i get it most new players move up tiers but can they try alittle bit atleast ? I see some stupid moves that no matter how bad you are if you just think for 1 second you will pick the more logical thing. Blocking is another thing they do, like its like they are in sniper mode 24/7 and plug out their brain and start roaming around. I see them and observe them, they roam the map mindlessly and when they see a red TONK they go towards it. Its really sad when i see a dude thats 1v2 and sees 2 tanks shooting at him, ones 100% health and the other around 1-2%. Guess witch one he shoots... Not the low hp one thats tha sure. There was a KV-3 the other day that got a hold of a enemy su-152 that got stuck and instead of finishing him he decided to leave him and attack the enemy full HP KV-3. Its just sad that they dont even think. I get it we have all been noobs. And really we are noobs till the end of life, but come the [edited]. It isnt hard to think alittle from time to time.

llo1 #2 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:05 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27468 battles
  • 5,270
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Welcome to the forum, and to the WG designed chaos that is blitz!

This is why a lot of the more experienced players seem to have left the game.

Secondly, since WG have actually encourage this by trying to get players to stay, and making it easier to inexperienced ones to progress too far too fast, this is the way it is.......like it or lump it.....


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25296 battles
  • 5,323
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Hy welcome to the forums...

I’m afraid llo1 is right - what you describe is SNAFU for Blitz, WG have made it easier to get to higher tiers and bombard new players with higher tier premium tank offers, my re-roll account gets offers this one doesn’t...

You could try ratings battles, they are sometimes a bit better.

You could also try not playing during weekends or events or school holidays as they are much worse.

Next week is gonna be terrible, UK school holidays!

Outside of the holidays one other thing to do is play in the morning 10–12 UK time are “best”.  By “best” I mean worst as the teams are spectacularly bad but they are so bad you will carry a lot more just by a few small sensible thoughts :)

As llo1 suggests you either have to accept the situation or find something else to do, as obsessing about the teams leads to paranoia and ranting about WG rigging things against you...

HF & GL!


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


Tinom5 #4 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4356 battles
  • 14
  • [-TRX-]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 25 May 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hy welcome to the forums...

I’m afraid llo1 is right - what you describe is SNAFU for Blitz, WG have made it easier to get to higher tiers and bombard new players with higher tier premium tank offers, my re-roll account gets offers this one doesn’t...

You could try ratings battles, they are sometimes a bit better.

You could also try not playing during weekends or events or school holidays as they are much worse.

Next week is gonna be terrible, UK school holidays!

Outside of the holidays one other thing to do is play in the morning 10–12 UK time are “best”.  By “best” I mean worst as the teams are spectacularly bad but they are so bad you will carry a lot more just by a few small sensible thoughts :)

As llo1 suggests you either have to accept the situation or find something else to do, as obsessing about the teams leads to paranoia and ranting about WG rigging things against you...

HF & GL!

Well guess it is what it is. Not really paniking but still kinda annoying.

Well on the bright side i i get noobs like these against me so free damage for me :D



reekoiler #5 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39953 battles
  • 1,828
  • [FTC-1]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2017
The worst thing is to be a 50% ish player.   Good enough to get really browned off by the [edited] who can’t even drive but not good enough to carry them.   I am always trying to play ‘correctly’ but I have a sneaking feeling correct play needs to be adjusted when there are 8-10 noobs sprinkled randomly among the teams.

Winston_Smith84 #6 Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38774 battles
  • 1,246
  • [BRIT6]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
I only play blitz intermittently now but everytime I do log on the quality of teammates appears to be consistently bad. I mean why, for example, would you think sniping at the back of the map, in a bush, in a Russian heavy, would somehow lead to your team winning? We all make mistakes but glaringly obvious ones like that or cresting a ridge when all the enemies are all clearly lit up on the other side, seems to be the norm not the exception.

llo1 #7 Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27468 battles
  • 5,270
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostWinston_Smith84, on 25 May 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

I only play blitz intermittently now but everytime I do log on the quality of teammates appears to be consistently bad. I mean why, for example, would you think sniping at the back of the map, in a bush, in a Russian heavy, would somehow lead to your team winning? We all make mistakes but glaringly obvious ones like that or cresting a ridge when all the enemies are all clearly lit up on the other side, seems to be the norm not the exception.

 

On two occasions recently I have come across this in an IS and KV1S, both above spawn on deadrail! Frustrating as they somehow for all the shots taken, didn't inflict much damage to the reds, and therefore had minimal effect on the outcome!

However, also recently had a "birthday " jaunt in one of my tier V tanks only to find (on the same map) a Scavenger doing exactly the same...zero damage to him, (we lost) and he ended up battling 6 reds......or should I say trying to outrun. 6 reds!


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Titus_Scato #8 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41828 battles
  • 8,064
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014

View PostWinston_Smith84, on 25 May 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

I only play blitz intermittently now but everytime I do log on the quality of teammates appears to be consistently bad. I mean why, for example, would you think sniping at the back of the map, in a bush, in a Russian heavy, would somehow lead to your team winning? We all make mistakes but glaringly obvious ones like that or cresting a ridge when all the enemies are all clearly lit up on the other side, seems to be the norm not the exception.

 

When I see this happening, I drive up and park behind the heavy camper and start trolling him in non-stop chat.

 

This is how it normally goes:

 

"Stay there, KV-1S, U R my cover"

,,,

"KV-1S, U R my armour, protect me"

...

"KV-1S, U R my meatshield"

Camper: <Negative!> "go away"

"KV-1S, I farm off your hitpoint pool"

Camper: <Negative!> " [edited]"

"That's it KV-1S, keep taking hits 4 me"

Camper: <Negative!> " [edited] Titus"

"What a pal, what a pal"

Camper: <Negative!> 

"1st U die, then I win"

Camper: <Negative!> " [edited] troll"

 

The camper gets very annoyed and drives off, inevitably dies as I farm off his hitpoints, then starts raging in chat "Report camper Titus", blissfully ignorant of the irony in his ranting!

 

:trollface:



Corpsetaker #9 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13038 battles
  • 112
  • [PT40]
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View PostTinom5, on 25 May 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Im not good, dont get me wrong, im just 52% witch is kinda better than my 47ish% in WoT PC, but this is too much. When i i play i notice that in most games its me and another dude that are above 50% winrate. Hell most of my teammates are below 43%. Its really hard because no matter how fast you shoot, how much damage you do, and how fast you kill low hp enemys, the team just melts because, i can see these teammates paniking, and rotating turrets in whatever direction they see and stop shooting normally. They couldnt shoot straight in the begging but at the middle of the match they just start rolling their heads on the keyboard or touchscreen. Its worse when you see your top tier tank, an IS-3 that was afk for 70% of the battle then suddenly come back, sees some enemys and rushes them, and while moving with atleast 100 meters left between them just fires a shot on the move and misses. Of course you are gonna miss you retarded  [edited]. Like i get it most new players move up tiers but can they try alittle bit atleast ? I see some stupid moves that no matter how bad you are if you just think for 1 second you will pick the more logical thing. Blocking is another thing they do, like its like they are in sniper mode 24/7 and plug out their brain and start roaming around. I see them and observe them, they roam the map mindlessly and when they see a red TONK they go towards it. Its really sad when i see a dude thats 1v2 and sees 2 tanks shooting at him, ones 100% health and the other around 1-2%. Guess witch one he shoots... Not the low hp one thats tha sure. There was a KV-3 the other day that got a hold of a enemy su-152 that got stuck and instead of finishing him he decided to leave him and attack the enemy full HP KV-3. Its just sad that they dont even think. I get it we have all been noobs. And really we are noobs till the end of life, but come the  [edited]. It isnt hard to think alittle from time to time.

 

WR means nothing anymore. My WR is in the 40's but that's because I get stuck with people who cannot play so I lose like hell. The strange thing is I can about 10 or 15 games in a row and my WR still stays around the 40's no matter how much I win. Don't worry about WR because it's use is gone, just pray you don't get stuck with [edited] who pay to play.

efoster29 #10 Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52023 battles
  • 263
  • [BKRAP]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

But how do these Super unicum players keep their wr so good, they musn't get lumbered with the players I get (gave up tonight after having one [edited] days play, even my clan platoon mate said this is getting us nowhere( we played 8 games lost all 8 !)) 

:(



ENDSP1EL #11 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31995 battles
  • 1,130
  • [WGMEU]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012
Mind your language please

Corpsetaker #12 Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:19 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13038 battles
  • 112
  • [PT40]
  • Member since:
    09-07-2016

View Postefoster29, on 25 May 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

But how do these Super unicum players keep their wr so good, they musn't get lumbered with the players I get (gave up tonight after having one [edited] days play, even my clan platoon mate said this is getting us nowhere( we played 8 games lost all 8 !)) 

:(

 

It's called going and playing in a very low tier to bring your WR back up. I think the 40's are a trap zone, like you get stuck there and it's hard as hell to climb out of.

Titus_Scato #13 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41828 battles
  • 8,064
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014

View Postefoster29, on 25 May 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

But how do these Super unicum players keep their wr so good, they musn't get lumbered with the players I get (gave up tonight after having one [edited] days play, even my clan platoon mate said this is getting us nowhere( we played 8 games lost all 8 !)) 

:(

 

Low tiers are harder than high tiers these days.  Because damage and rate of fire have been nerfed, it's not possible to carry a bad team without a lot of luck.  Once you're in a Kolabanov situation, the reds will gang up on you and kill you before you can put out enough damage to kill them.

RynnivaTykki #14 Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:07 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60630 battles
  • 577
  • [KORPI]
  • Member since:
    11-16-2016

Well the average winrate is 47%, so of course half of the players are below that.

 

And with less than 5000 battles you are still in the noob quota, so just enjoy. Perhaps after 50k battles you will learn to carry. Hopefully before!



efoster29 #15 Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52023 battles
  • 263
  • [BKRAP]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

View PostRynnivaTykki, on 25 May 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well the average winrate is 47%, so of course half of the players are below that.

 

And with less than 5000 battles you are still in the noob quota, so just enjoy. Perhaps after 50k battles you will learn to carry. Hopefully before!

 Well over 50k battles played and over 53%wr, just bad teams either no clue what to do or go down without a fight (schools off again doesn't help, again!).

View PostENDSP1EL, on 25 May 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Mind your language please

 

Sorry, salt mine vacation booked. :mellow:

Tinom5 #16 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4356 battles
  • 14
  • [-TRX-]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2014

View PostRynnivaTykki, on 25 May 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well the average winrate is 47%, so of course half of the players are below that.

 

And with less than 5000 battles you are still in the noob quota, so just enjoy. Perhaps after 50k battles you will learn to carry. Hopefully before!

Yeah definitely im still in the noob category, but still. I guess i should enjoy the game for what it is and thats playing tanks.



Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:48 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25296 battles
  • 5,323
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Has anyone done any analysis on the WR distribution recently, there’s an implicit assumption that there’s an even distribution around 47%, I think we will have a skewed distribution, more like the one below which also contributes to the perception that teams are mostly 45% or less...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=right+skewed+distribution&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiHnbvp2bjiAhUN04UKHclLAX4Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=right+skewed+distribution&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3..0l5.98315.107507..108004...0.0..2.188.4780.30j17......0....1.......0..0i24j0i67.gXLG16XLdv0&ei=EkTqXIfMDI2mlwTJl4XwBw&bih=323&biw=808&client=safari&prmd=ivsn&hl=en-gb#imgrc=Tir_0GM9fP6vOM

It’s just a theory, and was curious if anyone had done any analysis on this sort of thing?  I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but I thought I had seen some stuff...

I did find this analysis on WR by tier which is interesting and certainly fits with my experiences at tiers viii and x, it’s old though, has anyone seen anything more recent?

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/8165-win-rate-by-tier/


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


Replicant_2 #18 Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4221 battles
  • 334
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
what fascinates me are players with 2-3k games and avg dmg around 250.
Having said that you should see me trying to play on my phone when away from the big screen, I consider myself lucky when I get 2-3 shots on target, usually can’t tell where’s up and down.
It’s easy to be judgmental without knowing the context, not everyone plays for wr, it’s part of the challenge.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.


efoster29 #19 Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52023 battles
  • 263
  • [BKRAP]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

View PostReplicant_2, on 26 May 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

what fascinates me are players with 2-3k games and avg dmg around 250.
Having said that you should see me trying to play on my phone when away from the big screen, I consider myself lucky when I get 2-3 shots on target, usually can’t tell where’s up and down.
It’s easy to be judgmental without knowing the context, not everyone plays for wr, it’s part of the challenge.

 

At my age (not telling), a 21" screen, a keyboard and a mouse is the only way to go !

 



Mjr_Eazy #20 Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25296 battles
  • 5,323
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Lol yeah, 27” iMac when at home for me :). My old man eyes struggle on my phone and that’s got a big screen for a phone!  Plus my driving is just not as precise on touch as it is on keyboard+mouse and hit rate not as good as I don’t use auto-aim...

I know its only anecdotal but based on my experience I reckon the new players using touch will find it a lot harder especially if like me they dont discover “same control mode” (I was around 2k games in and very low 40s WR before i did :facepalm:)

Plus you get the ex WoT players who have an advantage as many of the mechanics are similar which gives them a head-start...

These plus seal-clubbers, WR distribution etc all contribute to this skewed distribution IMHO...


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users