What the hell is this amount of sub 46% players...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

llo1 #41 Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27790 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 27 May 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

However, suppose that the MM looks at your 76% win rate, concludes that you must a rerolling sealclubber because no real new player should have a win rate that high, and multiplies your number of battles by 100, therefore assuming you have 16,700 battles, not 167.

Put that figure into the number of battles calculation, and the result is -1,059, meaning the MM calculates that the greens have 1,059 more battles collectively.  So now the teams now look much more balanced again. 

This is what I think the MM does.  Any ‘new’ player with a suspiciously high win rate gets penalised by being given a team less experienced overall than the red team.  So re-rolling makes life harder for sealclubbers, not easier.

Looks a nice "work around" the way that WG might think......but how do you explain in my recent case....

I have a few battles, wr just over the 50%, and in other ways very average......

But I am bottom tier time after time after time......last time I took notes that was nearly 80% of my battles....someone somewhere therefore must be hitting top tier 80% of the time!

With your scenario above, then has WG simply "forgot" that I now have 28000 battles and are still adding a "fiddle factor" to my results....

There must be something amiss that seems to repeatedly ensure that the majority of time I am bottom tier!

_OMG_66 #42 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13048 battles
  • [HFORC]

I am also annoyed by the high level of afk and very late starting players. So not only do I get dumped with low win rate players, but also have to put up with some doing nothing.

Is it true that Russian players are being moved on to EU server to keep numbers up?

Edited by _OMG_66, 27 May 2019 - 11:12 AM.

TwistedTransistor #43 Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30650 battles
  • [AFK]
I'm annoyed by my own bad performance, arrogance and calling other idiots.
Teams will not change, change yourself.

Mjr_Eazy #44 Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25860 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postllo1, on 27 May 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Looks a nice "work around" the way that WG might think......but how do you explain in my recent case....

I have a few battles, wr just over the 50%, and in other ways very average......

But I am bottom tier time after time after time......last time I took notes that was nearly 80% of my battles....someone somewhere therefore must be hitting top tier 80% of the time!

With your scenario above, then has WG simply "forgot" that I now have 28000 battles and are still adding a "fiddle factor" to my results....

There must be something amiss that seems to repeatedly ensure that the majority of time I am bottom tier!

What tier(s) are you playing?  It’s not a normal distribution and some tiers do see a lot more bottom tier games...

According to the latest theories about rigging, you shouldn’t be seeing rigging, the tin-foil army believe it’s only rigged against some unspecified high WR & DMG combo, I’m sure they can come up with a theory for your experiences...

What Titus describes sounds plausible but should be pretty easy to prove, if anyone can be bothered...

You just need a low battle count re-roll account with a high WR and analyse 100 replays and see if the numbers add up as suggested...

I can’t be bothered to do it, the tin foil army will just say a 76% WR isn’t above the trigger level...

I could get high 80’s if I just played tier i-iii but that would be just so boring and I’m sure they’d say it needs to be over 90 WR...

Their belief in their superiority and WG being out to get them doesn’t allow for any rational explanations.

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 27 May 2019 - 04:11 PM.

547146227.png

Titus_Scato #45 Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41902 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postllo1, on 27 May 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Simple.  You are driving Tier 6 tanks.

Because Tier 5 tanks have nerfed alpha damage so they are not completely OP against Tier 4 tanks, WG must have altered the MM to put Tier 6 tanks bottom tier more often.

I'm getting the same issue in my Loza's Sherman right now.

Winston_Smith84 #46 Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38861 battles
  • [BRIT6]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 27 May 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Because Tier 5 tanks have nerfed alpha damage so they are not completely OP against Tier 4 tanks, WG must have altered the MM to put Tier 6 tanks bottom tier more often.

Tier 6 used to be such a good tier now its just a mess. Parked my premiums, sold off my other tech tree tanks at that tier. I saw no difference in the performance of teammates at tiers 5, 6, 7 and 8. Woeful. Not an enjoyable game experience at all. I mean top tier eight teammates doing less than 300 damage? Come on! Or similar tier eight teammates typng 'plan?' at the start of a match. Really? Your top tier! You haven't played this map at anytime at all between tiers 1-7? They have got to upgrade the training tutorial, introduce a level-up-by-training system or something. So frustrated at the lack of quality teams just had enough and deleted the app. The CCs must be playing on some alternative version of the game because it does not appear to resemble the version of the game I am playing.

Edited by Winston_Smith84, 28 May 2019 - 06:28 PM.

Corpsetaker #47 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13180 battles
  • [PT40]
I think one of these biggest problems is missions and lack of teamwork. Most people are so into doing their own thing the entire team suffers. I used to be the one who would try and issue a plan but now I don’t care. You always have that one village idiot that does everything the exact opposite of what everyone else is doing. It boggles my mind.

llo1 #48 Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27790 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 27 May 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

I do drive a lot of tier 6 tanks!

But I also have the same(similar) experience whatever tier I drive, and have virtually stopped tier 8 as I cannot pen the tier 9 tanks whichever I drive, and those that should be able to pen the tanks from the back, are too slow to get behind a snail!

Mjr_Eazy #49 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25860 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Llo1, As it’s a different topic I’ll run an analysis on my 2 accounts for tier vi and post the results to the top/bottom tier frequency thread when done...

I’ll need a few days to gather some data as I’ll play v, vi and vii and get 100 battles on each account.

Have you got replays turned on?  If so can you post them to wotinspector.com or share via dropbox then I could analyse them for comparison... 

Are you playing on mobile device with same control mode switched on?  Do you play a mix of tanks and types as that influences things too?

As I should use the same setup...

547146227.png

MikkelTJ #50 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41517 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostWinston_Smith84, on 27 May 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Tier 6 used to be such a good tier now its just a mess. Parked my premiums, sold off my other tech tree tanks at that tier. I saw no difference in the performance of teammates at tiers 5, 6, 7 and 8. Woeful. Not an enjoyable game experience at all. I mean top tier eight teammates doing less than 300 damage? Come on! Or similar tier eight teammates typng 'plan?' at the start of a match. Really? Your stop tier! You haven't played this map at anytime at all between tiers 1-7? They have got to upgrade the training tutorial, introduce a level-up-by-training system or something. So frustrated at the lack of quality teams just had enough and deleted the app. The CCs must be playing on some alternative version of the game because it does not appear to resemble the version of the game I am playing.

I don't see the problem with someone writing 'plan?' at the start of the battle. At least they are showing that they care about teamwork and they know it is important for the team to follow the same idea. It shows that at least that person is not the village idiot mentioned elsewhere in the thread.

When they write that, use your experience and you call out the plan. Who says top tiers should always make the call?

llo1 #51 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27790 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMikkelTJ, on 28 May 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

I don't see the problem with someone writing 'plan?' at the start of the battle. At least they are showing that they care about teamwork and they know it is important for the team to follow the same idea. It shows that at least that person is not the village idiot mentioned elsewhere in the thread.

When they write that, use your experience and you call out the plan. Who says top tiers should always make the call?

The only problem I have is when there is a "plan" and everyone says "affirmative " then does exactly the opposite, or 6 separate other soloists!!.,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users