So realistic mode.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7025 battles
  • [BATD]

Its fun. For the two battles i did. Its kinda hard tough. Heres why. While i used to play alot of war thunder and got used to enemies not being highlighted and relying on my own eyes, here its not exactly the same. Its a smaller map and the biggest problem is making your brain to stop thinking something will light up since it knows its in wot and not in war thunder. So i guess if i i c manage to train my brain to start thinking again it would be good.

So what are your thoughts on the realistic mode so far ?

Fugit555 #2 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26769 battles
  • [49DIV]
I like it and once players realise it doesn't effect stats, WR, give medals or MH and is just a bit of fun then maybe they will stop being so stupidly salty and actually enjoy it also!

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

Chairman_merpug #3 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45154 battles
  • [AFK]
I like it a bit. Would be better if the minimap worked.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

onlypainhurts #4 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42792 battles
  • [XFIRE]

Ive played probably 15 games, just enough to win 10.  So far my feelings are a big MEEEEHHHHH,  Maybe its the disorganization of the games (to put it mildly)  But im not feeling the fun and totally confused about whats realistic about supremacy mode.  Ok i get it it was put in to stop draws but it doesnt fit to me. 

I'm annoyed with straining my eyes to find and see targets. 

"Oderint dum Metuant"

Fugit555 #5 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26769 battles
  • [49DIV]

ah lets be honest here, it isn't realistic really - it is a mode where the spotting mechanics have effectively been turned off so that the enemy no longer lights up within a few seconds and then stays lit up so the entire team can focus them. If this really was a realistic mode then the ability to change tracks and crew members who are dead or injured would take more than hitting a button.

I think it is a good idea mode, but there are some flaws of course because its a game still. Remove the HP indicator - keep the red/green indicator when line of sight is applicable however because even in real life you would know who are the enemy and because this is a game its gets complex because if your team as a similar tank then its hard to know who is what. Let the mini map work when an enemy is spotted, after all in real life commanders have maps and comms and thus would tell other tanks location etc. Having spotted tanks not appear at all is plain daft really.

Those are the only criticisms I have because other than that I think the mode is fine. I like the fact the hit skins are turned off, making it harder to get those shots to pen and making you focus on where to shoot rather than just shoot and hope rng will do the rest. I like that spotting is turned off so that the TD's can't just camp and blast - although in real life TDs do indeed camp and wait in ambush which they can't here really because of ineffective comms and zero mini map. I like that you can drive right past an enemy without noticing them or being noticed - because that does happen! Michael Wittmann did exactly that in a small village in France. However, this mode is tough really for anything other than a light or medium tank - because in those you can run around like a demented fool and get away with it. In a heavy, like the Maus/E100 its really really tough. The mode does force team play, which many players in the game are obviously dead against and in heavies/TD's you really do need to stay together - much like in the real world. Even the great tanks Aces, such as Wittmann, didn't do it alone he was in a toon of at least 3 other tanks working together, focusing fire and covering each other - and thats the key really.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

reddog102 #6 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4685 battles
Worth playing just to be rid of all the stupid fantasy tanks WG has introduced to the game. Agree with previous comments about need to change play style, but that’s something you just get used to. So will only play this mode going forward. If fantasy tanks allowed will stop playing and just play ships as I have for the last 6 months...love the new British TD’s, so that’s a sure sign of a nerd coming...and why oh why haven’t they given the shitbarn it’s big gun, instead of that poxy autoloader...Tier XI max for me!

Silent_Cougar #7 Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35087 battles
  • [-WLV-]

Well, as I have posted on a similar thread ref 'Realistic mode'.  It is a welcome change to the norm, but as said above, there are some changes to the mode required to make it more 'realistic'. 

My first gripe is the fact that you still get 'That one went right through' when in REALITY. It would have penned, let alone taken the tank out, or crippled it badly.   The big guns, ie: Jagaroo, WZ113 G FT, etc,,pen with calibrated rounds at 418, 413 respectively.   Yet when hitting the flat side of a Light/Med or even most Heavies, it could and should pen easily, but nope. you get WG's computer deciding 'That one didn't penetrate' or 'That one went right through'..yeah in reality, it probably did go right through,,right through the armour, in through the crew quarters and out the other side lol... Hit the rear end of a Grille, aiming for the ammo racks either side...you get the inevitable...'That one bounced'...  Infuriating at times, but as a fun mode, not affecting WR (if that really mattered anyway to most of us).  I think they need to rethink the mechanics side, and make a few adjustements to the 'reality' of the mode.   -_Steps down off soapbox. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users