Jump to content


Realistic Battle Mode


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

efoster29 #1 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 52023 battles
  • 263
  • [BKRAP]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
Well, just played about half a dozen games in the new mode. A few observation so far, military honor is not available which is probably wise has there have been a few players who have died early spouting 'report so and so' etc' With  no markers above 'enemy' tanks I think having a bright cammo (T34(1776)) will make you stick out like a sore thumb (saw an Fedinand on my team drive straight past a 'red' IS which wasn't easy to see even though it was next to him). Fast light tanks will have a field day with heavies ( I know due to playing my E75 and getting circle of death killed by a light that appeared out of nowhere!). Player's using mobiles will probably struggle due to having to use your vision to pick out unmarked opponents ( I'm using a large screen and it's difficult!). The games (at the moment) don't seem to be one sided (e.g.  0-7 , 7-0 etc) usually down 2 or 3 players (or less) on the wining team.

Twistou #2 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20940 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014

Hello.

Another thing is that when you look around in sniper mode an ennemy which i did not see become automaticaly see with helping sight. It can be more realistic whithout the whites corner on the screen. The tank can be automaticaly sight without withe tag.

Sorry for my bad english.

Twistou.



Frodo_Nifinger #3 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:31 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 54244 battles
  • 1,381
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2014

To me it looks like there are some bugs in the game mode.

i noticed some enemy tanks though in plane view just in front of me does not get highlighted with markers.

i saw in one battle an enemy tank appear right in front of a team mate (after I got killed) he didn’t move out of cover but was there in straight view just like 40 meters away. Why he could not be seen before that eludes me.


The Hobbit is a proud member of

Noob_7029 #4 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4562 battles
  • 49
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2018
It has more lols than mad game. On dead rail i fight side by side with a red Panther the realization that we both are enemies was very funny. Later on the same game i saw a su-122-44 is sniping next to a red nashorn without even knowing.
Another game i saw a su-100 play dead near some dead tanks and killed a comet with his big gun.
It sure is chaotic.

minitelrose #5 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68734 battles
  • 7,679
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostFrodo_Nifinger, on 10 June 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

To me it looks like there are some bugs in the game mode.

i noticed some enemy tanks though in plane view just in front of me does not get highlighted with markers.

i saw in one battle an enemy tank appear right in front of a team mate (after I got killed) he didn’t move out of cover but was there in straight view just like 40 meters away. Why he could not be seen before that eludes me.

 

line of sight, 

u die, and your view is elevated, you can see behind cover. 

But no tank on your team has a line of sight, so that enemy tank is not rendered.

when the line of sight comes back, the tank is suddenly rendered.


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


minitelrose #6 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68734 battles
  • 7,679
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostNoob_7029, on 10 June 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

It has more lols than mad game. On dead rail i fight side by side with a red Panther the realization that we both are enemies was very funny. Later on the same game i saw a su-122-44 is sniping next to a red nashorn without even knowing.
Another game i saw a su-100 play dead near some dead tanks and killed a comet with his big gun.
It sure is chaotic.

 

chaos. 

 

And yes it is easier to see someone across the map sticking out of a rock, than the SU152 which is 2m behind your back.

 

also it makes focus fire way more dangerous. Everyone is blind and if suddenly you are « « «  targeted, or take some dmg, you become highlighted for the entire red team who start tunneling you from everywhere. 


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


Pururut #7 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23179 battles
  • 1,631
  • [1RTR_]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013

Have far too few games under my belt but I noticed a couple of things.

 

On contrary to my predictions, people do not hunker down and camp to see which side makes the first move. I think not having the UI to do the spotting job instills fear into average Joe to the point that he prefers to move as one team most of the time. Either way, both sides play very aggresively and some enemy tanks simply cannot be found after initial contact if not for the supremacy mode and flags. 

 

Tank destroyer players showed how useless they are without the visibility mechanic that favours them and honestly it felt so DAMN GOOD to spot that 183/152mm shitter camping at the back only to see it get obliterated in less than 10 seconds. Now they will be forced to use the deadweight located in between their shoulders. Same thing applies to most of the light, med and heavy drivers I encountered.

 

My first impression is positive and will probably stay as unless majority starts to use high alpha guns to compensate for their lack of skill. Introducing a 152mm caliber limit to tiers 1-8 would be a good preventative measure.

 


Edited by Pururut, 10 June 2019 - 02:04 PM.

Pururuts Guide to Hentai for Initiatives Day 1

Vanilla: 274162, 242544, 174036, 250401 Lewd: 239976


_diabolique_ #8 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5465 battles
  • 62
  • [CRZYG]
  • Member since:
    09-22-2018
I try to grind T34 tier 5 but just can't enter the game. I tried several times without any succes. With tier 8 no problem...

DumbApe #9 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23684 battles
  • 855
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

View PostPururut, on 10 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

Introducing a 152mm caliber limit to tiers 1-8 would be a good preventative measure.

 

 

Are there any T1-6 with a 152?  


Old dog with new tricks ...  and a stupid number of tanks. Not totally sh*te at this game but still working on it 

Clan commander Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.


Frodo_Nifinger #10 Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 54244 battles
  • 1,381
  • [IRMA]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2014

View PostDumbApe, on 10 June 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

 

Are there any T1-6 with a 152?  

 

yes, the KV2 in tier 6
The Hobbit is a proud member of

jonty_2014 #11 Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 64253 battles
  • 4,909
  • [EMRS]
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

The key to success here, IMHO, is where possible - keep lighting up the reds.  If you’re a heavy, brawling - light em up.  If you’re a light or med getting close to the action - keep the closest one lit up.  If you’re a TD lurking in a bush with LOS to a red tank... keep it lit up.  If you’re up against noobs, they won’t know to look at you for long and it’s the sure fire way of getting the rest of your team to focus.  If your team splits, and the reds don’t - you’re probably toast.

 

’Realistic’ (that had ‘air’ quotes) doesn’t seem to encourage camping, but it does reward toon play and the iron fist approach.  Camping solo won’t work too well unless your team are spotting like crazy.  Chances are they won’t.

 

 


 


Noob_7029 #12 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4562 battles
  • 49
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2018

View Postjonty_2014, on 10 June 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

The key to success here, IMHO, is where possible - keep lighting up the reds.  If you’re a heavy, brawling - light em up.  If you’re a light or med getting close to the action - keep the closest one lit up.  If you’re a TD lurking in a bush with LOS to a red tank... keep it lit up.  If you’re up against noobs, they won’t know to look at you for long and it’s the sure fire way of getting the rest of your team to focus.  If your team splits, and the reds don’t - you’re probably toast.

 

’Realistic’ (that had ‘air’ quotes) doesn’t seem to encourage camping, but it does reward toon play and the iron fist approach.  Camping solo won’t work too well unless your team are spotting like crazy.  Chances are they won’t.

 

 

Unfortunately this anti camping tactic isn’t really working for nashorn and hellcat they become extremely under powered for this game mode. For some reason this isn’t true for sp1c not sure why.

 



llo1 #13 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27468 battles
  • 5,270
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Only played 2 battles as [edited] hotel wifi....

First thoughts.....no different to normal battles, lagged to hell, cannot see most of the reds, too many shots bounce, or simply disappear and the green team seems full of useless noobs!

In fact exactly what I normally see!


 
Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Noob_7029 #14 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4562 battles
  • 49
  • [B-B-B]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2018

View PostPururut, on 10 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Have far too few games under my belt but I noticed a couple of things.

 

On contrary to my predictions, people do not hunker down and camp to see which side makes the first move. I think not having the UI to do the spotting job instills fear into average Joe to the point that he prefers to move as one team most of the time. Either way, both sides play very aggresively and some enemy tanks simply cannot be found after initial contact if not for the supremacy mode and flags. 

 

Tank destroyer players showed how useless they are without the visibility mechanic that favours them and honestly it felt so DAMN GOOD to spot that 183/152mm shitter camping at the back only to see it get obliterated in less than 10 seconds. Now they will be forced to use the deadweight located in between their shoulders. Same thing applies to most of the light, med and heavy drivers I encountered.

 

My first impression is positive and will probably stay as unless majority starts to use high alpha guns to compensate for their lack of skill. Introducing a 152mm caliber limit to tiers 1-8 would be a good preventative measure.

 

Im already seeing kv-2 platoons. I checked it myself too all 3 Russian heavy tanks in t6 are stronger than before in this game mode.



howardxu45 #15 Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5066 battles
  • 2
  • [DKOLD]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

first time posting here, one thing that annoys me in this mode(at leas in my experience) is that it is basically spam gold at everything you see or get spammed with gold. How do I know? Every shell that has hit me deals lower then usable damage and it is easy to see since damage is fixed. Also credit earning in here seems to be less the standard for some reason.

 

The main benefit is that in a more lightly armored tank, it means more shot before boom anyway, only really a problem for heavies that is reliant on its armor.



jylpah #16 Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16833 battles
  • 4,622
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014

I played 10 games, 5 with a light tank and 5 with a Löwe. I think the game mode is simply broken. It erases the last piece of teamwork and coordination that have made Blitz great in the first place. The mode has some potential, but it needs fixing.  e.g. the highlighted tanks should appear at the minimap. Now it feels I am literally playing with Zombies as the red tanks do not get highlighted and the greens can drive past them even you keep highlighting them. 

 

Mad Games were at least fun for a while. I am done with the “realistic” mode.


Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   


minitelrose #17 Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68734 battles
  • 7,679
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View Posthowardxu45, on 10 June 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

first time posting here, one thing that annoys me in this mode(at leas in my experience) is that it is basically spam gold at everything you see or get spammed with gold. How do I know? Every shell that has hit me deals lower then usable damage and it is easy to see since damage is fixed. Also credit earning in here seems to be less the standard for some reason.

 

The main benefit is that in a more lightly armored tank, it means more shot before boom anyway, only really a problem for heavies that is reliant on its armor.

 

I don’t play heavies and I don’t use more gold than normal. 

If reds do that and want to lose credits and reduce their damage, it’s fine with me.

 

if you want to find out how they pen you, send your replay to www.wotinspector.com and you can see where their shots hit you.


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


SMERSH_T #18 Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31267 battles
  • 541
  • [EU]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014
The 252U is really op in this mode. Hard to see and impossible to pen for most.

 


MrFUNtastic #19 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22921 battles
  • 183
  • [NASTY]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2015
It’s about as realistic as the ‘stay puffed marshmallow man’. It appears to have zero tactics other than rush around as fast as you can in the hope you run into an enemy. Then rush away even faster. Not impressed so far. 

Chairman_merpug #20 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42522 battles
  • 8,803
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Postjylpah, on 10 June 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

I played 10 games, 5 with a light tank and 5 with a Löwe. I think the game mode is simply broken. It erases the last piece of teamwork and coordination that have made Blitz great in the first place. The mode has some potential, but it needs fixing.  e.g. the highlighted tanks should appear at the minimap. Now it feels I am literally playing with Zombies as the red tanks do not get highlighted and the greens can drive past them even you keep highlighting them. 

 

Mad Games were at least fun for a while. I am done with the “realistic” mode.

Pretty much my feelings. 


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users