Loving the game again

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jammytwss212 #1 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34593 battles
  • [TWSS]

I recently took a break from grinding new lines but have recently started the Grille XV line again with the Nashorn. In that 6 month gap of playing the existing tanks in my garage, I analysed my playstyle strengths and weaknesses and found the most fun playing tier 10 tanks or tanks with amazing guns/mobility (tier for tier) otherwise I would get bored quickly.

During the 6 months, I played little games at tiers 1-4 because the rebalancing made the tanks too weak and mostly the same with too big a difference jumping to the next tier up/down making it harder to carry xompared to higher tiers. Tiers 5 and 6 I didn't play much unless tanks had a birthday. (I would also dabble in tier 1-6 if my connection was bad/testing my connection in-game as I don't care too much about my low tier stats.)

Tier 7 has fun tanks but was downtiered alot so playing my favourite meds/lights and E-25 got irritating. Tier 8 I spent some time as I have a job so could afford to get myself some dream premium tanks (also at tier 9 and 10) but in the end I fell in love with the SU-101. For me, WHAT     A     TANK. I liked it when I grinded through it but when I came back to it I had some pretty amazing games due to finding a decent playstyle. One reason it does well is because everyone thinks it is not much of a threat so doesn't get prioritized by the enemy. This tank gave me my first 6k damage tier 8 game and will probably remain my favourite TD in the game. I relearned to play better in the T-54 Lightweight, which is a very competitive tank in ranked, and also the Lowe which was fun but I got bored of the slow mobility.

Tier 9 is a very good tier, by itself but again has the same problems as tier 7 in which I found myself bottom tier alot. I think it is the most balanced tier in the game due to less russian bias and premium tanks that can't get nerfed. But the only tank I enjoyed playing again was the Type 61. The gun is excellent and like the SU-101 gets overlooked on the battlefield. With a little patience you can take advantage of this and this tank has taught me to play smarter late game resulting in many epic comebacks. The tier 9s I have, I found alright when top tier but quite boring and annoying to play bottom tier especially with unicum platoons in their tier 10s rofl stomping your team but with the type 61 your gun is still competetive and your armour doesn't matter because you didn't rely on it anyway. It is a shame because tier 9 is a great tier and good fun if you are looking for a challenge but like tier 7 it can get frustrating for me.

So, tier 10 the "pinnacle" of every tank line was were I spent most of my time. I didn't play this tier much before because there was no motivation for me after getting the crew to 100%, having a mastery in the tank and playing tier 10 drained my non-premium account credit balance. But this tier gave me some new favourite tanks. I decided to re-learn the FV4202 and did it properly this time. When I first played it I didn't use any premium time apart from the 2 days Wargaming gave you after every update (this goes back a couple of years because Wargaming doesn't do that anymore due to the amount of certificates you can earn) so I played the tank like all the other medium tanks loading APCR as standard to save in the credits. Boy did I have a lot of good fun when I started using the Premium HESH as the "primary" ammunition. I woumd recommend not bothering with the cheap HESH as it can cause you to get confused when swapping between ammos so I load only APCR and premium HESH. As well as the FV, I enjoyed the STB-1 because it looks so good and just a satisfying upgrade over the Type-61. The FV215b I also like the look of but I wasn't very good at its rear-mounted heavy/support playstyle so it took me about 460 games to get the mastery. I really like the finesse gun's reliability and the playstyle which makes it an interesting fighter.

Overall, this break was probably needed for me and slowing down to appreciate the tanks I have helped me to stay interested in the game (until CoD Mobile is released). I highly recommend taking a break from grinding tank lines if you haven't already done so as it made me play tanks that I rushed through to get to the next tier or tier 10s that I stopped playing because the line was essentially "finished". 

Edited by Jammytwss212, 25 June 2019 - 09:49 PM.

LoadAimFireRun #2 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30074 battles
  • [-ROP-]
I recognize this, also took a break since last December and started playing again for the event. Even bought a tank again for the first time in years (KV-220). Even though I clearly forgot how to play i am still having a bit more fun than expected.

Tinom5 #3 Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7242 battles
  • [BATD]

View PostJammytwss212, on 25 June 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

I recently took a break from grinding new lines but have recently started the Grille XV line again with the Nashorn. In that 6 month gap of playing the existing tanks in my garage, I analysed my playstyle strengths and weaknesses and found the most fun playing tier 10 tanks or tanks with amazing guns/mobility (tier for tier) otherwise I would get bored quickly.

During the 6 months, I played little games at tiers 1-4 because the rebalancing made the tanks too weak and mostly the same with too big a difference jumping to the next tier up/down making it harder to carry xompared to higher tiers. Tiers 5 and 6 I didn't play much unless tanks had a birthday. (I would also dabble in tier 1-6 if my connection was bad/testing my connection in-game as I don't care too much about my low tier stats.)

Tier 7 has fun tanks but was downtiered alot so playing my favourite meds/lights and E-25 got irritating. Tier 8 I spent some time as I have a job so could afford to get myself some dream premium tanks (also at tier 9 and 10) but in the end I fell in love with the SU-101. For me, WHAT     A     TANK. I liked it when I grinded through it but when I came back to it I had some pretty amazing games due to finding a decent playstyle. One reason it does well is because everyone thinks it is not much of a threat so doesn't get prioritized by the enemy. This tank gave me my first 6k damage tier 8 game and will probably remain my favourite TD in the game. I relearned to play better in the T-54 Lightweight, which is a very competitive tank in ranked, and also the Lowe which was fun but I got bored of the slow mobility.

Tier 9 is a very good tier, by itself but again has the same problems as tier 7 in which I found myself bottom tier alot. I think it is the most balanced tier in the game due to less russian bias and premium tanks that can't get nerfed. But the only tank I enjoyed playing again was the Type 61. The gun is excellent and like the SU-101 gets overlooked on the battlefield. With a little patience you can take advantage of this and this tank has taught me to play smarter late game resulting in many epic comebacks. The tier 9s I have, I found alright when top tier but quite boring and annoying to play bottom tier especially with unicum platoons in their tier 10s rofl stomping your team but with the type 61 your gun is still competetive and your armour doesn't matter because you didn't rely on it anyway. It is a shame because tier 9 is a great tier and good fun if you are looking for a challenge but like tier 7 it can get frustrating for me.

So, tier 10 the "pinnacle" of every tank line was were I spent most of my time. I didn't play this tier much before because there was no motivation for me after getting the crew to 100%, having a mastery in the tank and playing tier 10 drained my non-premium account credit balance. But this tier gave me some new favourite tanks. I decided to re-learn the FV4202 and did it properly this time. When I first played it I didn't use any premium time apart from the 2 days Wargaming gave you after every update (this goes back a couple of years because Wargaming doesn't do that anymore due to the amount of certificates you can earn) so I played the tank like all the other medium tanks loading APCR as standard to save in the credits. Boy did I have a lot of good fun when I started using the Premium HESH as the "primary" ammunition. I woumd recommend not bothering with the cheap HESH as it can cause you to get confused when swapping between ammos so I load only APCR and premium HESH. As well as the FV, I enjoyed the STB-1 because it looks so good and just a satisfying upgrade over the Type-61. The FV215b I also like the look of but I wasn't very good at its rear-mounted heavy/support playstyle so it took me about 460 games to get the mastery. I really like the finesse gun's reliability and the playstyle which makes it an interesting fighter.

Overall, this break was probably needed for me and slowing down to appreciate the tanks I have helped me to stay interested in the game (until CoD Mobile is released). I highly recommend taking a break from grinding tank lines if you haven't already done so as it made me play tanks that I rushed through to get to the next tier or tier 10s that I stopped playing because the line was essentially "finished". 

In wot pc i had a tier 9 T-10 ( here the is-8 ) and eventually my pc broke so i couldnt afford to fix it and started a job and didnt didn time so i remembered that there is wot for the phone i redownloaded it and started serriously here. I was amazed how much premium stuff you get here compared to PC for free. I have here 3 prem 7s and 2 tiers 6s and one 5. I also had the su-100Y and the t-25 but for some reason i sold them. I noticed credits here arent that big of a deal and have alot of tanks in my garage INCLUDING the Leo PTA ( witch i got last week and maxed it out for 3 days, i did save alot of free XP tough ). I wanted alot of these lines on PC but there it was harder to get i guess its cuz the battles are longer and credits come slower. There i bought two prems Chirchill 3 the russian one and the M4A1 Revalorise witch i loved but sold the chirchill since the jap heavys came on and they reked everything, stupid mistake i made. Anyways i noticed you said the Type 61 and how the stb-1 is even better guess its the same as people say with the leo line. I too am guilty of ignoring that thing but after i got my leo pta, i saw how people say the type is just alittle behind it in terms of the gun but heard how they will buff the type and will probably become better than the leo in terms of overal performance. It will be a nice challenge haha. Another thing i agree with you is that tier 9 is a good tier. People are good enough to help and when you see tier 10s you arent scared ( compared to tier 8 or 7 seeing tier 10 in PC ) since you have the tier 10 gun. Since i got this tank i noticed i dont like the lower tiers anymore since they do some stupid stufd and well i have to say im a TD oriented person. Even tough i went the same way here as the beggining in WoT PC with the russian heavys. Then i itarted meds in PC and meds Here i noticed i loved them the most. I even went to the e100 line and got myself the Tiger 2 witch i like but i feel its underpowerd these days against the tier 8 prems witch are currently new. Anyways i got to be one with my leo pta and cant wait for the Leo 1. In terms of rushing trough tiers i decided not to do the same as in wot pc but to keep tanks from the line i like. Like the RU251 or the Hetzer or the Sherman Easy 8. I loved the SP1C alot but had to sell it for the RU251 so i gotta rebuy it. I guess what you did and what i started to do is after you satisfy your grinding needs ( reach a certain tier ) you focus on having fun. 

odin9579 #4 Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9496 battles
  • [T_D_O]
Can't remember when I stopped playing but it's been a fair while. Started again a week ago and to my surprise really enjoying it again only difficulty was thinking go in low teir 3/4 to get a feel for the game again that was a big mistake bit of a mess down there so went to 5/6 and the enjoyment has returned.its good to be back.

llo1 #5 Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28750 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postodin9579, on 17 July 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

Can't remember when I stopped playing but it's been a fair while. Started again a week ago and to my surprise really enjoying it again only difficulty was thinking go in low teir 3/4 to get a feel for the game again that was a big mistake bit of a mess down there so went to 5/6 and the enjoyment has returned.its good to be back.

Nice to see someone enjoying it again!

Gentleman_l8astard #6 Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10410 battles
  • [ALBA]

I have also been on hiatus for a while now with only occasional log ins now and again. I have since dipped my toes in the water with my tier 9 Leo and while all the usual game issues are still there I had fun, even on a 6 game loss streak, as I was focusing on regaining my play style (the first few games where ... embarrassing and the first game back even Amaunet couldn’t save me from myself) and simply reminded my self that it’s only a game.

It has been an on again/off again thing the last few weeks with Blitz.  Rather than force myself to play, when I get tired of it or am just not ”feelin it” I hit the home button and do something else.  It has greatly reduced what used to be the stress of playing Blitz and made the game fun for me again.

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28682 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 17 July 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

I have also been on hiatus for a while now with only occasional log ins now and again. I have since dipped my toes in the water with my tier 9 Leo and while all the usual game issues are still there I had fun, even on a 6 game loss streak, as I was focusing on regaining my play style (the first few games where ... embarrassing and the first game back even Amaunet couldn’t save me from myself) and simply reminded my self that it’s only a game.

It has been an on again/off again thing the last few weeks with Blitz.  Rather than force myself to play, when I get tired of it or am just not ”feelin it” I hit the home button and do something else.  It has greatly reduced what used to be the stress of playing Blitz and made the game fun for me again.

Welcome back m8.  I've taken to doing the same, if it's not fun I just switch off, whereas before I would try and slog through it...

HF & GL!

547146227.png

odin9579 #8 Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9496 battles
  • [T_D_O]
Yes stopping when it stops being fun is the key I found losing a couple on the trot is my signal to stop instead of grinding on and expecting it to improve.

llo1 #9 Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28750 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postodin9579, on 17 July 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yes stopping when it stops being fun is the key I found losing a couple on the trot is my signal to stop instead of grinding on and expecting it to improve.

I have two reasons for interim stopping, 

- RL.......Hotel wifi for work is normally dire

- When I start shooting reds into the side and nothing registers......WG lag therefore tells me I am nerfed to hell.....time for a rest!

Gentleman_l8astard #10 Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10410 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 17 July 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Welcome back m8.  I've taken to doing the same, if it's not fun I just switch off, whereas before I would try and slog through it...

HF & GL!

Thanks bud, things been busy the last few months (and if I’m honest another game has attracted my attention).  I’m not a bandwagon guy in that I find a game I like, and that’s not easy to do in the mobile world (cuz 99% of them suck the proverbial donkey D ), Iam hard core loyal to a game that satisfies me when I find it.  Therefore I can’t seem to drop WoT or Blitz forever.  I know, I know I feel like those people at AA meetings “Hi, my name is Gentleman Bastard, and I’m an Blitz-a-holic ...” especially  when I “relapse” lol.

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 18 July 2019 - 07:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users