"The Royal Hunt" Operation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 926 battles
  • [WG]

Summer's in full swing. A brisk morning fog has enveloped the forests. The sweet aroma of fresh soil, gunpowder, and lead fill the air. It's a perfect time to relax and go on a hunt. 

Join the Royal Hunt operation from August 6 through August 11 and win the fast-firing FV201 (A45), containers with Rare and Legendary warpaints, and other prizes.

Full news text

Pururut #2 Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23326 battles
  • [1RTR_]

2k damage for 50 battles for the tank or 2.9k for everything.

If damage is the sole factor in matches without any regards to it being a victory or not, the approach that is to be taken must prioritize individual gains over that of team. Having looked into Blitzhangar and Blitzstars, the ideal tank for grinding the event successively as in success being not paying a dime must fit into this criteria;

• Tier 9
  • Flexible
  • Hulldown armor profile
  • High dpm and alpha
  • Generous amount of hp

I have especially chosen tier 9 as the bare minimum despite the event allowing tanks as low as tier 5 to participate. According to data on Blitzstars most players barely scratch the 2k damage threshold at tier 9. Additionally most tier 9 tanks with upgraded modules tend to be decisively superior compared to their predecessors. Tier 8 and 10 are also doable but inefficient. Former suffers from seeing tier 9 tanks and the tanks being divided into two camps; unwieldy high alpha and accurate high dpm. Tier 10 is pure camping fest.

Rest of the criteria is built on the premise of maximizing chances of survival with a defensive aggressive strategem. If we exclude the meme material such as Smasher or T49, tanks with conventional cannons have a directly proportional relation between survival time/rate and accumulated damage. Having a high hp pool is pretty much self explanatory. High dpm and alpha neutralizes the influence of possibly bad rng.

The key factor to discuss is why it is better to choose a hulldown armor profile over an all around one. The psychological aspect first. Since nearly everyone on this planet love free things it is very likely that the servers will flood with tens of thousands of cro magnons. Coupled with the conditions of the event it doesnt take a genius to figure out that it is going to be every man for himself out there. In such an environment aggressive hull down play from mid to long range distance is very likely to yield satisfactory results both in terms of damage and preserving the healthpool. Hulldown armor profiles usually cut corners in the hull section like there is no tomorrow which ironically is a huge advantage in the form of lesser weight and thus, more mobility. All around thick armor can be effectively used only if sidescraping is used. Sidescraping is a passive playstyle, minimizes the angles and firing opportunities, requires specific map/ team conditions as well as slow the tank to the pace of a snail through sheer weight the armor. Thus, it is a poor choice when dealing damage is the sole focus.

In the light of data and theory, I present the tanks that I think have the strongest chance of completing the event successfully regardless of drivers skill.

• Tier 1: IS-8, E-50, Centurion 7/1, Conqueror, AMX-30 Proto
  • Tier 2: M46, T-30, SU-122-54, E-75, Leo PT A, Type 61

Anyways I am off to Brass Embassy for tea time with the Wistful Deviless. What better way to spend your evening than with courting a denizen of Hell whose skin can heat a tea pot to the boiling point with a lingering fragrance of brass and brimstone on her delicate lips. 

Sick of politics

RibbleStripe #3 Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 926 battles
  • [WG]
Wow! That's a solid analysis! 

MACH_Shocky #4 Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34456 battles
  • [-US--]
It's actually pointless wanting to play a Tier IX when you could easily farm more damage on Tier X without any significant drawbacks. And your "excuse" would be "it's a camping fest". Well, congrats for the analysis and for the effort you put into it but why not play an overall strong T-X tank (E 50M, IS-4, Obj. 268, FV 215b) and aim for 2.9k? 
Just try to aim high and you'll probably get the tank anyway. Plus probably a couple of crates, which is not that bad 

S T O P    C O M P L A I N I N G           C A R R Y    H A R D E R        

EndToast_LOCA #5 Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33794 battles
  • [R2W]

View PostMACH_Shocky, on 06 August 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

It's actually pointless wanting to play a Tier IX when you could easily farm more damage on Tier X without any significant drawbacks. And your "excuse" would be "it's a camping fest". Well, congrats for the analysis and for the effort you put into it but why not play an overall strong T-X tank (E 50M, IS-4, Obj. 268, FV 215b) and aim for 2.9k? 
Just try to aim high and you'll probably get the tank anyway. Plus probably a couple of crates, which is not that bad 

Why so salty?

Pururut #6 Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23326 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Come now Endspiel, what kind of a forum would it be if people reached unanimity in every single thread. Puru does indeed enjoy counter arguments particularly when the poster goes through the trouble of reading not only to understand what is written but also to whom it is adressed and for what purpose. 

Now then, I have something to show to Eazy. I also want to know whether if it is possible to open up a custom made tinfoil stand in front of Blitz booth in Tankfest 2020.

Edited by Pururut, 06 August 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Sick of politics

MACH_Shocky #7 Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34456 battles
  • [-US--]
Sorry didn't mean to sound salty or rude. Just thought that it may be misleading to incourage players at playing tier 9 when the most logical option is tier 10....

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27790 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostPururut, on 06 August 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Come now Endspiel, what kind of a forum would it be if people reached unanimity in every single thread. Puru does indeed enjoy counter arguments particularly when the poster goes through the trouble of reading not only to understand what is written but also to whom it is adressed and for what purpose. 

Now then, I have something to show to Eazy. I also want to know whether if it is possible to open up a custom made tinfoil stand in front of Blitz booth in Tankfest 2020.

Lol, good idea, Strummer & Canny must have huge range of tin-foil hats and under crackers they could sell ;)

547146227.png

Mjr_Eazy #9 Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27790 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostMACH_Shocky, on 06 August 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Sorry didn't mean to sound salty or rude. Just thought that it may be misleading to incourage players at playing tier 9 when the most logical option is tier 10....

Not if you’re like me - 57% WR IS-8, 48% in IS-7 ;)

547146227.png

MACH_Shocky #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34456 battles
  • [-US--]
Yup but winrate doesn't count here. If you have consistently more avg damage with IS8 go for it, but usually you should have more with a tank a tier above

KoTwA14111985 #11 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 47305 battles
  • [WLKP]
Very nice event :) Gj WG :D

Vexeneusz #12 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15676 battles
  • [W1ARA]
Quite good event I have to say... Nice surprise WG

Black_Wolf_Ja #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9332 battles
  • [XMEN-]
I easily completed the event with my Jageroo just by playing very aggressive and trading with hopeless heavies/mediums, no point playing tier 9.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users