6.2 MM changes.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7009 battles
  • [BATD]

So do you think they will finally do a proper job ? I saw a FB post from Wargaming for 6.2 that they will change the MM again. This time players with extremely low efficiency will be put against other with low efficiency. And thats starting from 6.2. I guess i will go down with the noobs but atleast i will be put against other noobs.

odin9579 #2 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9481 battles
  • [T_D_O]
Fingers crossed said before I don't mind losing against players equal or a bit better but the batterings I have had recently by several 60+ players on red is a bit much.

Edited by odin9579, 13 August 2019 - 12:42 PM.

Rqh #3 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8845 battles
  • [G-P-E]
all below 40% noobs : my time has come

odin9579 #4 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9481 battles
  • [T_D_O]
Forget what I just posted actually watched video makes sense seems like a good change. 

O_o__O_o__O_o #5 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36490 battles
  • [AFK]
finally thank you WG best update ever
i expect a lot of "unicums" moaning after this
btw rated battles became from irrelevant to even more pointless they need to fix that aswell

jylpah #6 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18322 battles
  • [AFK]
Link please. Me noob. 

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

jylpah #7 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18322 battles
  • [AFK]

From Meadsy69: 

Blitz Facebook:

MATCHMAKING IMPROVEMENTS!

In update 5.4, we improved the matchmaker in order to put newbies against each other more often. Starting from update 6.2, players who show extremely low efficiency in series of recent battles will also get into this MM queue.

❓ How it works:
✅ Player has a series of battles with extremely low efficiency;
✅ This series is not too short (to prevent unnecessary switching to “newbie MM” queue), but not too long as well;
✅ If player's efficiency is below a certain level, they go to "newbie battles";
✅ Player gets a chance to train while playing with and against newbies;
✅ Player returns to usual battles after a series with decent game results.

❓ What we expect from these MM changes:
✅ Extremely weak players can improve their skills in less competitive battles. They will play with/against each other and newbies; 
✅ Experienced players will face the clearly low-skilled ones less often;
✅ The number of steamrolls goes down, competition level goes up;
✅ The number of AFK players in regular battles will be reduced.

❗ New MM rule will be tested on CIS and EU live server within Update 6.2. The rule will apply as long as there are enough players in the MM queue.

‼ Important to understand.
This is NOT a skill-based MM. Teams will be still created randomly from the players in the queue. It doesn't mean there will be no players with low win rate. WR is calculated since the 1st battle, and the new rule considers only the latest efficiency streak.

Replicant_2 #8 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5285 battles
  • [HRG]
Question is: how difficult will it be to play the new system, as in trade WR for a mastery.
Desperately want a mastery? Play a number of afk/ 0 dmg battles, enjoy low skill MM for a while and hope for the best

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

jonty_2014 #9 Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65764 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostReplicant_2, on 13 August 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Question is: how difficult will it be to play the new system, as in trade WR for a mastery.
Desperately want a mastery? Play a number of afk/ 0 dmg battles, enjoy low skill MM for a while and hope for the best

Surely XP and Mastery badges are on base XP across all players - playing badly and being put in the remedial MM queue won’t bring Masteries any closer.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Jukkis74 #10 Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32289 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postjonty_2014, on 13 August 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

Surely XP and Mastery badges are on base XP across all players - playing badly and being put in the remedial MM queue won’t bring Masteries any closer.

Surely scoring very well is easier if everyone else is a muppet? Xp limit is same, but getting that xp depends on other players.

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27021 battles
  • [BT_SV]

As replicant and jukkis point out I fear the law of unintended consequences is gonna bite 6.2 badly as afk rates will rocket as people game the system to get easy wins, and masteries as it will be much easier to get them in the newbie queue, my re-roll ras medals are all against newbies...

I've not watched the video yet, I just hope WG don't explain how this(in-)efficiency streak is calculated...

547146227.png

DumbApe #12 Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25896 battles
  • [HRG]

I want to be positive about this especially as I suggested something remarkably similar back in December http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/51213-misery-deserves-company-suggestion/  

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

jylpah #13 Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18322 battles
  • [AFK]
I am also positive about the change. At least WG is trying. It’s hard to predict how the changes will play out. Will the desperate losers go AFK 50 games in a row just to feel superior for another 50 games. This behavior should be easy to detect if WG put effort on it and let the algos to distribute some punishment. 

Evil_B #14 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1850 battles

With Wargamings apparent ease of separating player ques and now, changing your fights depending on how well they think your doing.  It certainly begs the question... Was Cancracker right all along! 

Just saying... 

DumbApe #15 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25896 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostEvil_B, on 13 August 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

With Wargamings apparent ease of separating player ques and now, changing your fights depending on how well they think your doing.  It certainly begs the question... Was Cancracker right all along! 

Just saying... 

At some level in any match making there has to be a degree of manipulation even if it is just matching up the number of heavies, TD's etc ... Fixing things in game though or rigging the game against specific players is something quite different and I believe very unlikely unless WG are incredibly stupid... If they were doing this then the potential reputation damage across the player would kill the game.  This approach is much simpler to do and IMO more than appropriate ... AFK/trolls and the like will be tagged and moved to a separate player queue for games.  If they continue the behaviour they stay there ... If they change they are reintroduced into the general player population.  

We may see some changes in the time to MM or that gams become closer, but I am happy with that.  Just tonight I have had at least half a dozen games where players scored nil or with extremely low damage and when I checked their stats it was clear they were either playing at far too a tier (usually in a premium T8) or were trolls.   I hope that the algorithm used will include toxic players but I think that is harder to do.  

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Jukkis74 #16 Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32289 battles
  • [AFK]
I am optimistic about the change as well. I just hope they were smart enough to make criteria for matching changes (normal to muppet, muppet to normal) asymmetric. One should go to muppet queye only after repeated uselessness, but back to normal after one-two decent attempts. This way gaming it is rather futile. (And destroys all other than mastery stats.)

llo1 #17 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28108 battles
  • [1RTR]

Would like to believe that the proposed changes will benefit the game.......first 3 games played no evidence on any benefit, 3 games all 7:0, 0:7 wins.

And so many shots hitting the ground prior to the well aimed target, and outside the minimum aiming circle!

Buckleyteer2 #18 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39882 battles
  • [7GD]
I played this morning before work and noticed only one thing and that was every tank I hit point blank in my T-49 derpy gun nothing happened and I ended up dying with zero damage wtf !!! POINT BLANK RANGE... Oh and of course losses upon losses.. My WR is embarrassing now as again team yolo or sit back and watch from a distance.. dead rail thought I was being supported by a super pershing and t-54 lwt only to discover I was the only one at cap C while they were far back not even on the brow of the hill just sitting there I mean come on !!!!

MikkelTJ #19 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42465 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostBuckleyteer2, on 14 August 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

I played this morning before work and noticed only one thing and that was every tank I hit point blank in my T-49 derpy gun nothing happened and I ended up dying with zero damage wtf !!! POINT BLANK RANGE... Oh and of course losses upon losses.. My WR is embarrassing now as again team yolo or sit back and watch from a distance.. dead rail thought I was being supported by a super pershing and t-54 lwt only to discover I was the only one at cap C while they were far back not even on the brow of the hill just sitting there I mean come on !!!!

There has always been a high influx of noob players immediately after an update. So that could explain your team yolo/camp experience.

Don't know about the misses when firing point blank. T49 gun is really troll, maybe just bad luck?

Buckleyteer2 #20 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39882 battles
  • [7GD]
Exactly and im not a noob by any means im an average player and know where to hit but the literally disappeared into nothing its embarrassing more than anything to end on a match with zero damage !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users