6.2 MM changes.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

The_Mighty_Wombat #21 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37333 battles
  • [-GNA-]

It will either improve the game by removing the more poor players from the games of the main playerbase.

If done correctly these will be the absolute bottom players removed with the casually poor players still present.

As a result games will become slightly more harder as these poor players are no longer the free damage or an afker making 6vs7.

If done incorrectly then the game will be a mess of mixed players with those who are willing to throw games to trick the system and get easier opponents. I have a feeling this is the case but hope they will have measures to stop this “exploit”.

Its a good idea but I think it has a high chance of being poorly implemented (sub 5000mm or military honor anyone?)

We will need time to see it start to work and for WG to collect the data and refine the system.

O_o__O_o__O_o #22 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36611 battles
  • [AFK]
best thing to do is to calculate dmg and xp for last 100battles if you have poor xp and damage go play with newbies but you should stay there for next 100 battles not going back after 10 good games

Replicant_2 #23 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5469 battles
  • [HRG]
It depends what you’re trying to achieve.
If it’s helping the genuinely struggling players who have maybe rushed the tiers a bit too fast then maybe keeping them in a sandbox for longer is a good idea although there will be cries from the better players who will have to work harder to achieve similar stats.
If I was at WG I would be a bit worried about the side effects of high concentration of trolls among players who are new and struggling anyway, while pleasing for the more experienced crowd, I’m not sure how this will help with player retention

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

_Agent_P_ #24 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22521 battles
  • [LAGER]

My experience so far since the update is that there has largely been no change in the balance or game meta. The same outcomes and scenarios occur and the same 6:0 or 7:0 kind of results mostly which we have been enduring since spring last year.

WG have been manipulating queues for a while now so a new queue rule in 6.2 is merely a validation of what was previously a theory. From overall player feedback, one can reasonably deduce that players with certain characteristics or trends are placed into certain queues following the application of algorithms. WG have just made this official now with 6.2 but it's the queue I end up in after I have won 3 battles in a row, or lost 3 in a row, which I would be more interested in the visibility of.

O_o__O_o__O_o #25 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36611 battles
  • [AFK]
i think is too soon to notice any change maybe after a week or two
im thinking 100battles because thats what is on WG portal on player info
i think some of these stats are used to calculate if you are supposed to be in bot camp or not

jylpah #26 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18444 battles
  • [AFK]
I doubt this MM change will impact on the 6:0, 7:0 “steamrolls”. Steamrolls happen even between highly skilled clan wars teams since the first tank down changes the the power balance. Let’s give the new MM some time and collect more experiences before forming a judgement. 

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Jukkis74 #27 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32334 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 14 August 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

best thing to do is to calculate dmg and xp for last 100battles if you have poor xp and damage go play with newbies but you should stay there for next 100 battles not going back after 10 good games

This is exactly how it should NOT be implemented. This would be really easy to game with.

gallabru #28 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]

If it works well it should lead to a wr distribution still peaked near 48% but with a smaller variance. 

We would anticipate that everyone will be unhappy (well it is easy to anticipate that anyway) : 

- good players because their wr will decrease

- average players because nothing will change

- poor players because they will not reach the high wr value they think they are entitled to.

OK,  it might work too. 

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

SMERSH_T #29 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32164 battles
  • [EU]
This new MM makes me weary. Since the new release I had not a single win, and managed to die early with lacking support and teamplay. This means relegation, but when?

Noobish_Buddy #30 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12058 battles

Until now the game is unplayable, never seen so many really bad players in my teams, mostly too stupid to turn the whole tank, instead turning the turret only.

Heavies climbing up to castle, or hills to snipe, heavies camping in spawn, yoloing meds or lights on heavy-ways, you name it, i have it. Not one interesting game this evening.

Maybe i am in the muppets-queue playing against the normal queue. Right now i had a guy in my teams for 2 games, 24000 games, 44% winrate with solid 434 average damage plus a guy going afk on purpose, just turning his AT15 in spawn shooting the sky without any red tank near.

Next game a Grille with 600 avg damage, a ST-I with 430 avg damage.

I had enough for some time

Edited by Noobish_Buddy, 14 August 2019 - 10:17 PM.

SMERSH_T #31 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32164 battles
  • [EU]

View PostEvil_B, on 13 August 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

It certainly begs the question... Was Cancracker right all along! 

For me it was never a question. Of course he was right in that regard. Those losing streaks, different win rates of the same tank on different servers, and those doomed "tanks", in which I most likely get a losing team always ponted me that some hidden values and factors went into MM and RNG.

Skill is just one factor among others in winning a game, but cancracker got a lot of heat for insisting on the obvious.

Mjr_Eazy #32 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27184 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostNoobish_Buddy, on 14 August 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Until now the game is unplayable, never seen so many really bad players in my teams, mostly too stupid to turn the whole tank, instead turning the turret only.

Heavies climbing up to castle, or hills to snipe, heavies camping in spawn, yoloing meds or lights on heavy-ways, you name it, i have it. Not one interesting game this evening.

Maybe i am in the muppets-queue playing against the normal queue. Right now i had a guy in my teams for 2 games, 24000 games, 44% winrate with solid 434 average damage plus a guy going afk on purpose, just turning his AT15 in spawn shooting the sky without any red tank near.

Next game a Grille with 600 avg damage, a ST-I with 430 avg damage.

I had enough for some time

Sounds like ur in the boot camp queue m8 ;)

If they include chat bans I will be in it too for sure...

It will be interesting to figure out how they decide on which queue you go in, as I had 2 big streaks of losses - 15 & 12 in last couple of days before 6.2 - my teams do feel especially moronic so I may well be in noobs queue...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 14 August 2019 - 11:30 PM.

547146227.png

O_o__O_o__O_o #33 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36611 battles
  • [AFK]
if you cant win since new update or you keep meeting bad players then you are bad player once you improve amount of bad players will be reduced :)

Mjr_Eazy #34 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27184 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 14 August 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

if you cant win since new update or you keep meeting bad players then you are bad player once you improve amount of bad players will be reduced :)

:great:
Lol out of upvotes...

Funny enough my losing streak has ended in 6.2....

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 14 August 2019 - 11:39 PM.

547146227.png

Noobish_Buddy #35 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12058 battles
I am a bad player, couldnt keep up my 61% AND have a chatban

Mjr_Eazy #36 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27184 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostNoobish_Buddy, on 14 August 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

I am a bad player, couldnt keep up my 61% AND have a chatban

See, that's the reason, efficiency is (WR * number of posts not slagging off or praising WG * 2)/(number of chat bans * number of posts moaning about 6.2)

I should be promoted after this one...

WG I think you are awesome and new 6.2 MM is the bee's knees ;)  

547146227.png

gallabru #37 Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]

I just have realized that experienced noobs,  trolls and pro-afk will be moved to the real newbie queue and other a separate boot camp one. 

This queue will be purgatory for real newbies. This is completely stupid. If I were starting the game now and were meeting only those players, I would leave the game straightaway. 

Platoons of rerolls will very efficient too, I guess. 

Seal_McClubsky #38 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1760 battles
  • [FORC]
Out of the 14 players in my battles, at least 10 are sub 45%, turretspinning, SOS-spamming, light-camping/TD-spotting players.
My only conclusion can be that I am regarded by WG as a bad player and should be put in the sewer of matchmaking. Hopefully I can prove them wrong and get reds and greens as pre 6.2

DumbApe #39 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26036 battles
  • [HRG]

Below is a screen shot of the exact test WG shared on the new queue in game.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.23.28.png

The phrase I want to draw out is "players that showed extremely low efficiency or that were absolutely ineffective in a string of recently played battles will be matched to such "training" battles."  

What it doesn't say is that these battles will be against newcomers -  While I am a natural cynic I am confident that WG would realise undermining new players to the game would be a terrible idea. 

I also want to highlight that the rule will only work if there are "enough (qualifying) players in the queue".  

This is eminently sensible to my mind and is a big step in the right direction.  So in practice as we are all playing away those players who have a series of very very poor results that could indicate they are di c king around or going AFK will start being flagged up under the new rule.  Given the numbers playing in peak time pretty quickly those who meet the rules conditions will attract a flag and when the MM is doing its thing it'll look to put 14 of these players together in a team.  I DON"T think it will integrate them with the newcomers at all but rather clump the dross together. 

As I said back in December 'Misery deserves company'  - I would imagine that to break out of this match making rule will only take a few games where some actual effort is applied ... as  they are certainly not suggesting a high bar.   The benefit of this approach is that it can cut across all tiers when the servers are busy, but will be less effective when its quieter as the pool of players reduces. It also doesn't punish folks for the odd noob out that we all suffer at times!

As I said lets see what happens over the next few weeks.      

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

gallabru #40 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]
@DumbApe that would be sensible indeed. Do you reckon there are potentially 3 queues now ? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users