Abusive Messages and Military Honour

swearing. foul language

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

karaokebrian #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4984 battles

I am sick to death of playing a game where if you don't play as someone else expects, you get abused, and then abuser user the Military Honour system to abuse you even more: and then finally, to top this off, the wargaming people say whatever infraction you are accused of is correct and you get a penalty.

I recently played a game where I was the lowest ranking tank. A Dracula.  It was a supremecy game and initially I went and hid, like most do, until I could see an opportunity to make a difference.  I captured a base and attacked 2 VIII level tanks succeeding in killing 1.

During the game a player called Cyzoe consistently abused me accusing me of inactivity, calling me noob and other swear words like fk up which it doesn't take a brain of Bbritain to work out what the fk is.

At the end of the game i received notice that I had received a report for inactivity and, unsporting conduct.

i complained to WarGaming support who then compounded the abuse. I told them the name of the player and all they told me was go away and come back with screenshots then they will investigate.

How do you take screenshots of abuse and try to play the game?

Wargaming want to take money from players, including those who het abused, and when it comes to having a system in place that can investigate such claims, Wargaming has NOTHING!

it makes me want to abuse them believe me.

So I went off and tried to play another game and during the game i was getting abused again and I managed to get screenshots but when doing so I got killed.

This is not why I play this game.

If War-games  cannot get their act together to stop on-line abuse they should be shut down!

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36506 battles
  • [AFK]
screenshots you can get from replays
also my chat is disabled unless i platoon or there is clan night and most of the abusive players are already in my blocklist :)

DumbApe #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles
  • [HRG]

Karaokebrian  I completely agree that the Military Honour system is nothing more than a joke and does not work in practice.  Something I feel it is fair to say though is that from your description of hiding and holding back there might be a reasonable basis for other green players to think you aren't pulling your weight, especially in a tank like the Drac. 

One thing is guaranteed to pull my chain is when players leave the fight to others.  I am not expecting Lights to go toe to toe with heavies, but contribution starts with finding and spotting the reds ... keeping them lit up is an essential part of team play IMO.  Heavies and TD's need tanks like the Drac to find and mark the reds - if they can nip in and take some HP from them as well thats good too.  It just doesn't sound like you played like that, but maybe I misunderstood.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

karaokebrian #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4984 battles

Okay DumbApe.  That may be your game strategy it's not necessarily others.

One thing I have discovered in this game is that no matter how you try to set up a team play, it just doesn't happen or maybe, just maybe once in a blue moon do you get a team of players that understand the game.

So I am afraid i am in it for myself to go out and kill as many of the opposition as possible.  I couldn't give a damn about spotting because not only is it not worth while but quite frankly every time I tried I got killed quickly.  chased after by VIII and IX tank players.

And as for Supremacy.  Well what a screw up game that is.  My team all set off immediately running like sheep to the slaughter because the war-game servers hide the opposition and once you get on the base oh dear me look the enemy has landed right on your head and you're in a fight and dead before the game had really begun.

So I stay out of the way and pick the enemy off 1 by 1.

Now if this means you think Ive been unsporting or inactive?

gallabru #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]

Inactive, definitely not, unsporting no if that means preventing the others from playing (blocking...). 

Just inefficient. 

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

O_o__O_o__O_o #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36506 battles
  • [AFK]
hmm i think its better that you moved to other game or maybe start from tier 1 and watch martin dogger basics videos

i understand that most of the times when you do your job and spot while your team is watching butterflies in bushes can get you angry but not doing it because others dont is just contributing to make everyone do like you which is what you try to avoid in first place
about WG servers you are wrong again they dont hide enemy team the whole point of the game is enemy to be hidden unless they are spotted

i agree with you that being abusive is bad and much better way is to see your mistakes and correct them
as i said make screenshots from replay and send it but if you want to enjoy the game check some tutorials here or youtube
doing bad for your team on purpose will make matters worse for you and your team

Chairman_merpug #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45143 battles
  • [AFK]
The Dracula is renowned as an OP tank. The number of games you have played should mean you're really good in it, winning lots. As you are doing really badly, isn't it possible that the problem is your playstyle?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Titus_Scato #8 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41962 battles
  • [1RTR]

It sounds like you are playing the Dracula like a sneaky sniper, farming off your team's hitpoints.

An acceptable thing to do in a Type 5 Chi-Ri (an enormous, slow tank with very poor armour) - but not in a Dracula which has light tank levels of mobility and a low profile.

Of the Tier 7 light tanks, only the LTTB and M41 Walker Bulldog are faster than you - the other 5 are slower.  And only 2 of them have a longer view range than you.  So that's why your teams expect you to do a light tank's job, and spot up the enemy.

If you don't spot, you're not doing your job for the team, and that will get you abuse.  (Turn off global chat if you don't want to see the abuse.)

If you don't WANT to spot, then I'm sorry, but you're driving the wrong tank.  Maybe park your Dracula and start driving American TD's instead? 

If you liked the Dracula as a sniper, you'll love the Hellcat.  Has a similar 90 mm gun, but with much better accuracy.  And the Hellcat has much better camo rating (especially with a camo net equipped), so its much harder for the enemy to spot you.  At long range, you can even shoot without being spotted.  It has the same top speed as the Dracula, but a lot less acceleration.  However, a sneaky sniper keeping his distance from the enemy doesn't need quick acceleration.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 20 August 2019 - 03:57 PM.

Rqh #9 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8845 battles
  • [G-P-E]
this game is full of kids so what do you expect 

Psychovadge #10 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44940 battles
  • [VG]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 19 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

The Dracula is renowned as an OP tank. The number of games you have played should mean you're really good in it, winning lots. As you are doing really badly, isn't it possible that the problem is your playstyle?

I think you’re spot on mate^^^^. 2500+ games in one of the most OP tanks in game barely wearing a 46%wr in it show you are playing it badly I’m afraid to say. No problem with being a noob but either switch chat off if you’re a sensitive soul or take the good advice to learn the game in the lower tiers. 

efoster29 #11 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54330 battles
  • [BKRAP]

Here is a link sent to me by WG on how to send in a screen shot.

Dear Commander,

You can read the article about screenshots here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/article/19449/.

If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27032 battles
  • [BT_SV]

OP...

If you’re that bothered by people pointing out you are not doing your job then play another tank but don’t cry about getting a rollicking for you not knowing how to play a tank!

If you can’t do that and want to kemp busch in a Dracyolo then just delete the game, the so called “abuse” will stop!

547146227.png

Jukkis74 #13 Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32296 battles
  • [AFK]
Radical proposal here: what about if the others are r i g h t, and by changing your playstyle you will contribute more, win more and get positive feedback? Consider considering it...

karaokebrian #14 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4984 battles

Okay.  Enough please.

Play this game for simple amusement.  It's clear to me some of you take it VERY seriously.  So Bon Chance.  I'm off to find an alternative where the seriousness is taken as read.  It's a game!  Thank you for your comments all of you.

Titus_Scato #15 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41962 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postkaraokebrian, on 20 August 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Okay.  Enough please.

Play this game for simple amusement.  It's clear to me some of you take it VERY seriously.  So Bon Chance.  I'm off to find an alternative where the seriousness is taken as read.  It's a game!  Thank you for your comments all of you.

May I recommend World of Steel: Tank Force?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bravetale.worldtank&hl=en

A bit like Blitz, but a single-player game.  No-one to abuse you.

Pururut #16 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23304 battles
  • [1RTR_]

View Postkaraokebrian, on 20 August 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Okay.  Enough please.

DumbApe #17 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postkaraokebrian, on 19 August 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Okay DumbApe.  That may be your game strategy it's not necessarily others.

One thing I have discovered in this game is that no matter how you try to set up a team play, it just doesn't happen or maybe, just maybe once in a blue moon do you get a team of players that understand the game.

So I am afraid i am in it for myself to go out and kill as many of the opposition as possible.  I couldn't give a damn about spotting because not only is it not worth while but quite frankly every time I tried I got killed quickly.  chased after by VIII and IX tank players.

And as for Supremacy.  Well what a screw up game that is.  My team all set off immediately running like sheep to the slaughter because the war-game servers hide the opposition and once you get on the base oh dear me look the enemy has landed right on your head and you're in a fight and dead before the game had really begun.

So I stay out of the way and pick the enemy off 1 by 1.

Now if this means you think Ive been unsporting or inactive?

Thing is karaokebrian that to improve your SUCCESS in Blitz teammates have to complement or co-operate with each other.  Sure you can play the game as a lone wolf if you want, but you know how that story ends up over time - even in an OP tank like a Drac.   I don't think folks on this thread have been taking it too seriously, quite the reverse, they have tried to point out a fairly glaring point to you - namely you can improve a LOT if you changed your style a bit.  This doesn't mean that you aren't in it for yourself either - we all want to have a bit of fun and win more games, but we do that by facing up to reality and adapting to how the game needs to be played.  

I also think I have to point out that the game changes somewhat as you go up the tiers and again once you get over a certain number of games.

Laying the blame at the feet of other teammates isn't going to be the answer for the frustration you feel, but a change in tack might.  Instead of getting peeved at us do take a second to think about the problem. Your stats for the Drac are below.  You do not pick the enemy off one by one as your average kill is only 0.57 per battle - so you only kill one Red every two games.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 14.21.34.png

Your Spotting is also low which means one of the key assets in the green team is not contributing and/or using/helping their guns to help you survive and get kills. 

Don't give up just yet and instead try applying some of the advice we can give. I am only an average player at best, but below is some of the advice given to me that helped me start improving my winrate.  

Do not go it alone - go with the majority of the team - if three go one way and three go the other go with group that has most heavies or TD's DO NOT advance too far in front of them ... If you have good viewing range (Drac and other lights) let that work for you. 

Work the flanks and use HARD COVER as much as possible ... USE your teammates as HARD COVER too!  

Think about playing down a few tiers while you are working this out and most of all do not expect anyone to do as they are asked and ignore insults. Instead just try to find your fun mojo... :)  

Good luck 

Edited by DumbApe, 20 August 2019 - 01:46 PM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #18 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11062 battles
  • [ALBA]
Abuse is bad, and there is never an excuse.

But I don't get why you are complaining about inactivity and unsporting conduct awards when you openly admit that you don't care about your team. Of course they are going to complain, and rightly so.

Qnubis #19 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6200 battles
  • [STAR]
Man I wish everyone would respond as calm as Titus, a real idol to look up to. He rationally and helpfully responded to the issue and had a real solution to the issue. There is no need to lecture someone that clearly doesn't enjoy spotting or light-tank gameplay. Instead encourage him to play sneaky TDs where he can enjoy this game and do something for the team. @karaokebrian if you are still here, please follow Titus advice, get a Hellcat, it's a beautiful and good tank. You will have the same experience (if not better because it is better at what you wanna do). Stay with the community and just ask if you have a problem again. Ignore the people that tell you to leave and uninstall or that try to explain to you what Dracula is good at, they don't realize that is not how you want to play, they are not sane because without players the game will die. Even "bad" players are important.

Edited by Qnubis, 20 August 2019 - 02:56 PM.

Jukkis74 #20 Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32296 battles
  • [AFK]

Solid advice above.

In general, I would like to think that when we do thousands of matches (or 10ks of matches) in competitive team-based game it is not totally unreasonable to expect that people should aim at some level of improvement. If the idea of getting better is really against your nature, then solo games of non-competitive nature are luckily abundantly available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users