• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Schuppenzot #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3343 battles
  • [BNL2]

My first post here...

How does it come I only win 1 out of 5 rating battles? I'm currently silver, so not top at all.

Furthermore: should the weight of winning/losing not be lower in favour of earned XP? Even if you have most kills or have highest damage you still loose points when the battle is lost.

Can someone elaborate/explain?

filmin #2 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2913 battles
  • [DFS7]
I don't really play ratings. Let more experienced players write. But I know one thing. Welcome on the dying forums.

Honour those who were playing, and are playing the WoTB from the beginning, to now, up to eternity. We are legends now!!!:honoring:

filmin 2019-09-09 19:35

O_o__O_o__O_o #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36520 battles
  • [AFK]

no one knows what formula they use for points but you can win even if its a loss if your team perform poorly and you do well

you need damage,spots,caps,track players if possible

also play with mediums/lights that assisted damage is doing a lot

since you are stuck in silver league i suppose you are not very good player which is ok just play more normal battles with low tiers maybe up to tier 6 check some tutorials and always check detailed status on your report to get to know your performance then try rated

just try to move with your team and shoot whatever they shoot and dont camp, hide on reloads :)

aim for the tracks if its possible

if you cant pen use heat/apcr if you dont have credits use HE sometimes even 50dmg is a lot :)

efoster29 #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54371 battles
  • [BKRAP]
When I played my ten games only won two and out of that survived just one !

Chairman_merpug #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45143 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSchuppenzot, on 09 September 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

My first post here...

How does it come I only win 1 out of 5 rating battles? I'm currently silver, so not top at all.

Furthermore: should the weight of winning/losing not be lower in favour of earned XP? Even if you have most kills or have highest damage you still loose points when the battle is lost.

Can someone elaborate/explain?

Ratings calibration games are horrible. However, one of the problems is you are more likely to meet decent players than in random. You're a decent player, but you haven't much experience - I'd like to see your Y5 T-34 on my team - so concentrate on building a range of skills. Don't play heavies, focus on meds, you're better in them. 

https://www.blitzsta.../eu/Schuppenzot

is a good place to see how you're doing. 

Edited by Chairman_merpug, 09 September 2019 - 11:29 PM.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Leicht #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3483 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Don’t forget to play in the morning to pad your rating, dunno why but I always win way more ratings battles in the morning between 8am and 11:30 UK time, it’s the same during our outside school holidays...

I struggle to maintain 50% WR in pm, evenings especially but up around 60% in the am...

It’s the same in regular battles too...

I work though so can rarely play in the morning or my stats would be padded a lot better :(

560273467.png

gallabru #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]
In rating, you should eventually be matched with players with same skill level as yours (or both green and red teams with similar skill levels). Do not expect to win much more than half your battles.

You generally lose rating points when you lose a battle inversely proportionnal to your performance, but it can happen that you win some points if you really perform well (the opposite is true too).

You only have one tier 8 tank. If you are playing tier 7, you are always bottom tier which might not be best to earn rating points. Your tier 8 tank is not the easiest to play imo.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

gallabru #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
  • [LAGER]
-Double post-

Edited by gallabru, 10 September 2019 - 06:55 AM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Mjr_Leicht #9 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3483 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postgallabru, on 10 September 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

In rating, you should eventually be matched with players with same skill level as yours (or both green and red teams with similar skill levels). Do not expect to win much more than half your battles.

You generally lose rating points when you lose a battle inversely proportionnal to your performance, but it can happen that you win some points if you really perform well (the opposite is true too).

You only have one tier 8 tank. If you are playing tier 7, you are always bottom tier which might not be best to earn rating points. Your tier 8 tank is not the easiest to play imo.

That’s the theory but I never see it in reality...

1. Most matches are huge spread of ratings, it balances the average reasonably well but 1 team will have 2 4k plus players, the other 2.8-3.5

2. In the mornings the spreads are still wide, I just win more, maybe I just play better but I have had 3 platinum league players give me their top tip to get in that league.  Play in the morning battles are easier!

I usually hover around 3k so flit between Silver and Gold Leagues and if it was working properly should not see a 4k+ rated player but I see em all the time, there’s just not enough people playing ratings for it to work properly IMHO at least!

I might have a fiddle with jylpahs’s scripts to see if I can get the ratings out so it can be analysed properly...

560273467.png

Buckleyteer2 #10 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39929 battles
  • [7GD]
Ive actually done better in the ratings this time round and I find a good hours play in the morning makes a huge difference to WR but I work to so difficult.

Mjr_Leicht #11 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3483 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’m shirking from home Friday so will pad my ratings then by calibrating in the am...

That’s the joys of conference calls, they invite me even though nothing to add and even after replying saying they dont need me to attend, they insist I do, so it’s blitz time :)

560273467.png

Knickerson #12 Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31410 battles
  • [ICN]
So I had this mission to win 3 ratings battles ... 13 battles later, I only won once. I don’t know who plays ratings battles, but the better players are playing regular battles. 
Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

Replicant_2 #13 Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5338 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 10 September 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I’m shirking from home Friday so will pad my ratings then by calibrating in the am...

That’s the joys of conference calls, they invite me even though nothing to add and even after replying saying they dont need me to attend, they insist I do, so it’s blitz time :)

Tried that but doesn’t work for me.

I end up with wr~20%. I guess I just can’t reliably carry and go down with the rest of the team

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users