Jump to content


Handbags at Dawn


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Mjr_Leicht #1 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

Corpsetaker and I had a disagreement and he agreed to give me satisfaction on the battle-fields of blitz...

We managed to be online the same time only the once this weekend, we got 1 battle in, Togs may not have been the best choice of weapon, not a riveting battle ;)

It was a draw, natch...

I'm claiming a moral victory on dmg!

https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/69f761ce1ffdce230ddf260e435537ed

More to follow...


560273467.png

Replicant_2 #2 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8273 battles
  • 820
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
I honestly hope part II will be in LTTBs, you spent first 4 minutes on a lonely trek across the map...

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.


minitelrose #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:05 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76333 battles
  • 8,008
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

Genius. You, the brave warrior, assaulted and owned half of the map. 
him, the smart strategist, decided to ambush you with hull down and sniping advantage.


with all your might and a stone loaded handbag or two, 

you fought courageously until exhaustion of resources.

 

i hope more of the same occurs.

as replicant mentionned above, may I suggest next to use spic or RU, 

and have a contest of ramming only ?
Or maybe just 5 HE are allowed, something just enough to kill if you never miss or splash.


Edited by minitelrose, 07 October 2019 - 08:06 AM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


gallabru #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17796 battles
  • 591
  • [LAGER]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2016

2 KV2, 1 HE in the barrel each

 

Or a T95 ram-to-death.


My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.


Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:28 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30422 battles
  • 6,753
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View Postgallabru, on 07 October 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

2 KV2, 1 HE in the barrel each

 

Or a T95 ram-to-death.


I did consider kv-2’s for one of my picks but I am so unlucky in mine since nerf, I never one shot a red kv-2 now but still get taken out with 1 shot by reds kv-2...


547146227.png

 


DumbApe #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28985 battles
  • 1,245
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

Shouldn't have to be the same tank just same category IMO ...  Match should respect players preferences in each category.  

 

Given this just agree common tier and map choice and then leave it up to the combatants.

 

Just my tuppence

 

   


          Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.


minitelrose #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76333 battles
  • 8,008
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostDumbApe, on 07 October 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Shouldn't have to be the same tank just same category IMO ...  Match should respect players preferences in each category.  

 

Given this just agree common tier and map choice and then leave it up to the combatants.

 

Just my tuppence

 

   


hmm no.

That’d be like a duel between a pistol and a dagger.

to show skills, 1v1, it haz to be identical stuff. 

Only skill and wargaming’s little people will tell them apart.


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


Mjr_Leicht #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019
My thinking was same as Mini’s but given we don’t seem to have many of the same tanks in our garages we may have to same class...
560273467.png

llo1 #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29519 battles
  • 5,960
  • [1RTR]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 07 October 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

My thinking was same as Mini’s but given we don’t seem to have many of the same tanks in our garages we may have to same class...


Why not simply choose the tank that matches most the same criteria, and is NOT a tank that either of you excel in...

That would make it more of a level playing field having neither of you in a tank you can feel comfortable with!



DumbApe #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:37 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28985 battles
  • 1,245
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 07 October 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

My thinking was same as Mini’s but given we don’t seem to have many of the same tanks in our garages we may have to same class...


Choose something lower tier then there are plenty at T4-6 that you both should have ... T34's for example 

 


          Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.


O_o__O_o__O_o #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40505 battles
  • 283
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    12-16-2015
can i join in your 1v1 matches :)

Mjr_Leicht #12 Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

View Postllo1, on 07 October 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:


Why not simply choose the tank that matches most the same criteria, and is NOT a tank that either of you excel in...

That would make it more of a level playing field having neither of you in a tank you can feel comfortable with!

 

I was thinking along those lines looking for tanks where we have similar bad stats...

Timezone may be an issue too, as I’m not online till 9/10 pm UK time, we’ll get there, I’ve a range of options for next round which I’ve suggested...

View PostDumbApe, on 07 October 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:


Choose something lower tier then there are plenty at T4-6 that you both should have ... T34's for example 

 

I don’t think T-34 would be a fair fight, I have 2971 WN8, Corpse-y has 1089...

We both may have had it but not in our garage now, I don’t have T-34!

 

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 07 October 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

can i join in your 1v1 matches :)

No! ;)


Edited by Mjr_Leicht, 08 October 2019 - 12:16 AM.

560273467.png

Chairman_merpug #13 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:50 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50281 battles
  • 9,335
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 08 October 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

 

I was thinking along those lines looking for tanks where we have similar bad stats...

Timezone may be an issue too, as I’m not online till 9/10 pm UK time, we’ll get there, I’ve a range of options for next round which I’ve suggested...

I don’t think T-34 would be a fair fight, I have 2971 WN8, Corpse-y has 1089...

We both may have had it but not in our garage now, I don’t have T-34!

 

No! ;)

WN8 is irrelevant, surely? He's a demigod done down by poor teams. 


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


Mjr_Leicht #14 Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

Welp..

We finally managed to get it on...

It ended in a Desmond...

I got royally pwned on IS-5...

It was fun and very amicable, I think DumbApe's idea of making this a thing is a good one...

I'll claim moral victory on having highest dmg in Tog Duel :)


Löwe on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/a870c0f75736ac747b255f41049bc952
Nightmare on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/672a20eed4db3db62ad065e7c4529e07
T26E4 SuperPershing on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/eed92381cdbca9bd52bd51a7cf13c498
IS-5 (Object 730) on Faust - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/c7bc920f29c6b440e5bf26ae43e0cbea


Edited by Mjr_Leicht, 19 October 2019 - 09:05 PM.

560273467.png

Knickerson #15 Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33070 battles
  • 2,431
  • [ICN]
  • Member since:
    01-14-2015
I thinking of a duel more along the lines of Neo and Smith. Maybe Type 62s at Desert Sands?
Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.
 
William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

minitelrose #16 Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76333 battles
  • 8,008
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 07 October 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

can i join in your 1v1 matches :)


I love the logics. Only great people geniuses have great genius ideas.


Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

 


Replicant_2 #17 Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8273 battles
  • 820
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 19 October 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Welp..

We finally managed to get it on...

It ended in a Desmond...

I got royally pwned on IS-5...

It was fun and very amicable, I think DumbApe's idea of making this a thing is a good one...

I'll claim moral victory on having highest dmg in Tog Duel :)


Löwe on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/a870c0f75736ac747b255f41049bc952
Nightmare on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/672a20eed4db3db62ad065e7c4529e07
T26E4 SuperPershing on Alpenstadt - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/eed92381cdbca9bd52bd51a7cf13c498
IS-5 (Object 730) on Faust - https://replays.wotinspector.com/view/c7bc920f29c6b440e5bf26ae43e0cbea

 

it's an interesting result. It reflects nicely the fact that both yours and your noble opponent's 30 day stats are within statistical error.

It is however inconclusive on whether the stats are a result of ability or WG rigging it against (or maybe for?) you with carefully selected teams :D

 

Hope you both enjoyed it.

 


All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.


Mjr_Leicht #18 Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

View PostKnickerson, on 19 October 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I thinking of a duel more along the lines of Neo and Smith. Maybe Type 62s at Desert Sands?

Lel that would be quality

I wanted lttbs but he didn’t have it in his garage...

 


560273467.png

Mjr_Leicht #19 Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5853 battles
  • 307
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    01-21-2019

View PostReplicant_2, on 19 October 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

 

it's an interesting result. It reflects nicely the fact that both yours and your noble opponent's 30 day stats are within statistical error.

It is however inconclusive on whether the stats are a result of ability or WG rigging it against (or maybe for?) you with carefully selected teams :D

 

Hope you both enjoyed it.

 


I’ve bought Cypher and both my wins were cos of Prammo so defo Winning Queue™
He did say he didn’t use Prammo cos of gold cost....


560273467.png

Chairman_merpug #20 Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50281 battles
  • 9,335
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
1v1 is irrelevant. Carrying the stupids is a key part of the game. (with apologies to Claus Kellerman)

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users