premium tanks premium tanks pre op

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Devoliath #1 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5028 battles
  • [T-OH]

Im on t6 to t8 right now. In my last 3 game i've played against OBJ 252U and WZ120G-FT . These 2 tanks ruines whole the game cause these two is really op. I cant pen Obj252U while he's showing his lower plat (almost flat cause he is running back from hill) with my su152. Wz120 impenetrable too. These 2 only can pennable from sides. (Yea cause i was looking them with HEAT and APCR) I cant find any weak sides of these 2. How should my team can win against like Obj252U while he can bounce all shots from 4 players. 

I post this cause i wanna balance to Premium tanks. Support answers to my ticket as "post it on forums"  and here i am. They should be balanced. If u thinking "these are expensive tanks" yea then lower their price and balance it.

Edited by Devoliath, 07 October 2019 - 04:15 AM.

Devoliath #2 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5028 battles
  • [T-OH]

I found a nice commentary;

The Defenders lower plate has more bloody armour than the IS-3’s upper plate, how is it balanced when you come round a corner in a Mutz, find a defender waiting there, plant a perfect shot into his lower plate from 50 meters and watch it bounce because you don’t have 225+ pen with standard ammo at tier 8 and aren’t running around with a full gold set up.

Type 5, weakest point frontally is 280mm without angling apart from the tiiiiiny sloped and rounded cupola whilst it gets a HE derp gun that doesn’t need to aim, they can roll out, snap any part of your tank and do 450+ dmg and roll back before you’re even aimed at their cupola. They just need to make the drivers vision hatch 240mm thick, then if you play it badly tier 10’s can pen you with normal ammo if they know where to shoot. If you angle you can still bounce plenty.

-suffywuffy

Edited by Devoliath, 07 October 2019 - 04:06 AM.

Replicant_2 #3 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5969 battles
  • [HRG]
I’m not very good at it so correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t parking a Mutz in front of a heavy (or heavily armoured TD) always a bad idea?
Afaik, Chairman Merpug is the local Mutz aficionado so maybe he could elaborate

Edited by Replicant_2, 07 October 2019 - 08:20 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45805 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDevoliath, on 07 October 2019 - 03:47 AM, said:

I found a nice commentary;

The Defenders lower plate has more bloody armour than the IS-3’s upper plate, how is it balanced when you come round a corner in a Mutz, find a defender waiting there, plant a perfect shot into his lower plate from 50 meters and watch it bounce because you don’t have 225+ pen with standard ammo at tier 8 and aren’t running around with a full gold set up.

Type 5, weakest point frontally is 280mm without angling apart from the tiiiiiny sloped and rounded cupola whilst it gets a HE derp gun that doesn’t need to aim, they can roll out, snap any part of your tank and do 450+ dmg and roll back before you’re even aimed at their cupola. They just need to make the drivers vision hatch 240mm thick, then if you play it badly tier 10’s can pen you with normal ammo if they know where to shoot. If you angle you can still bounce plenty.

-suffywuffy

I think those are WOT references, not Blitz. I don't have any problems penning a Defender with my Mutz. SU-152 is also still a happy tank, but I don't tend to use it head on against heavies, rather running with the meds. 

However, the latter strategy can be difficult these days, as many players seem to be unaware of the concept of "flanking", preferring to drive towards the front of heavies. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Replicant_2 #5 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5969 battles
  • [HRG]
Oh snap :)

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DumbApe #6 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26626 battles
  • [HRG]

Irrespective of if it’s WoT or Blitz premiums don’t ’ruin’ the game.  They do though help players manage the economics and add capabilities that keep the whole player base engaged and active. 

These games are the products of a Business and premiums are a part of the business model that provides the income needed to support and profit from the game.  What would ruin the game is lack of investment and innovation. 

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Buckleyteer2 #7 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40801 battles
  • [7GD]
Premiums are only as good as the person directing them yes some are bad some are good but it really is down the  fat controller with the finger controls...

llo1 #8 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28343 battles
  • [1RTR]

The problem I find is that whilst most of the reds are "red" and I cannot pen them, I have major difficulties hitting the areas that I can pen as the lag means that the shot doesn't land where it is intended.....RND/Lag both cripple my play.

Additonally, the dmg I get when penning these tanks is determined by the RND and never really seems to be anywhere near the stated average dmg....so my accurate pew pew guns don't do enough damage, and the inaccuracy of the ones with the higher pen don't hit where they should!

This is not saying that the Premiums are OP, generally I find that whilst they are good in some areas, they are generally deficient in others....you just need to stick to trying to hit the deficient areas every time, whether that is small areas of lower armour, or slower speed, or slower rotation......work on it!

O_o__O_o__O_o #9 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37337 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDevoliath, on 07 October 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

Im on t6 to t8 right now. In my last 3 game i've played against OBJ 252U and WZ120G-FT . These 2 tanks ruines whole the game cause these two is really op. I cant pen Obj252U while he's showing his lower plat (almost flat cause he is running back from hill) with my su152. Wz120 impenetrable too. These 2 only can pennable from sides. (Yea cause i was looking them with HEAT and APCR) I cant find any weak sides of these 2. How should my team can win against like Obj252U while he can bounce all shots from 4 players. 

I post this cause i wanna balance to Premium tanks. Support answers to my ticket as "post it on forums"  and here i am. They should be balanced. If u thinking "these are expensive tanks" yea then lower their price and balance it.

i cant agree with you i love when i drive su152 to meet OP tanks just use HE from far away dont go close

also you shouldnt just looking at the front always try to find sides and backs of the tanks

if you cant pen a tank either use HE if you have big gun or find another target

make sure you use bushes and you are 200m away

but dont stay 200m away whole battle once few reds are dead and you see your team moving rush with them

maybe search some TD tutorials because 152mm dont have any problem dealing with those tanks at worst HE will do 200-400dmg without a problem

Buckleyteer2 #10 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40801 battles
  • [7GD]
Is very pleasurable to watch the see damage the 152 can cause..it is such a delightful sight !!!!

llo1 #11 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28343 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostBuckleyteer2, on 07 October 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Is very pleasurable to watch the see damage the 152 can cause..it is such a delightful sight !!!!

Depends which ind of the gun you are on!

Buckleyteer2 #12 Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40801 battles
  • [7GD]
Erm the 152mm?????

Cornish_Dyowl #13 Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34812 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDevoliath, on 07 October 2019 - 03:35 AM, 

I don’t personally think premium tanks are that much of a problem.  
I have over 70 in my garage (don’t want to think how much I’ve spent over the past 5+ years...) and would say maybe 4-5 could be classed as “OP”. Yes, that does include the 2 you mention, but non are so overpowered that they cannot be destroyed using the right tactics, even the mighty behemoth known as lil Kenny!  A much larger number can easily be described as weaker than their tech tree equivalents.

There are also “OP” tech tree tanks that are just as effective at the moment eg Tiger II, Black Prince etc

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

llo1 #14 Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28343 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostBuckleyteer2, on 07 October 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

Erm the 152mm?????

Sorry my bad....I meant following your post on how pleasurable it is when you hit someone with the 152, I meant that it isn't when you are the target at the end of the shot!

minitelrose #15 Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72118 battles
  • [AFK]

Premium tanks don’t ruin the game. They finance it and make the game possible to be with.

what ruins the game are OP tanks. Tanks that do well no matter the skills, and that will do better than what most other tank would do. 
we can call them op. the issue is that OP tech tree tanks get nerfed, and premiums don’t (more or less). Braking the balance long term. 

now.

guess who wants pay to win tanks, and would cry if their tank- for-real-money gets a small tap in the stats ?

yes. The players. The players want OP tanks whose stats are guarantee forever.

:(

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

jylpah #16 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18902 battles
  • [AFK]

I am with minitel here. The tanks OP posted (WZ-120G-FT, OBJ-252U and IS-3D) are overpowered tanks, but not all premiums are OP. Just  try Type 64 or Löwe. WG knows these tanks are OP and keeps selling them at high prices since WG is not interested in balancing the game, but to cashing out quickly. This was is “sad but true” and no whining at the forums (100% hours ignored by WG) will make them change their strategy.

Long time ago WG’s policy was that premium tanks are bit handicapped versions of the tech tree tanks, but with high credit ratio. Yeah, that was long time ago...

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Chairman_merpug #17 Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45805 battles
  • [AFK]
Yeah, Dracula broke the mould. T34/Clown Tank was a bit OP, certainly better than T32, but Drac followed by IS-3 Defender were the start of the slippery slope. Still, 90% of them are driven by people who believe OP tank = skill boost, so it's not all bad.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

DumbApe #18 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26626 battles
  • [HRG]

While undoubtedly some tanks are OP I still don’t see what the problem is -  we all get to chose what tanks to drive and whether or not we want to spend money on buying premiums.  There are plenty of tanks in the tech tree that are superior in one way or another to others are folks proposing that we nerf all these as well as the premiums.  It seems to me that folks are too often looking to moan rather than play.  

If all the variety is reduced or worse eliminated from the game I vouch it would be very very boring indeed and none of us would be playing it.  

As it is we have a HUGE choice of tanks to play, across the various categories, that can be driven by a diverse base of players, at different skill levels and with different appetites and resources. The constant desire to balance everything is completely misguided IMO. Blitz is mostly a team game and while a (small) proportion of players can carry teams by themselves most can’t and need to contribute to the team in various ways.  There are lots of ways of doing this - even being cannon fodder - and even diabolical players can be part of winning teams some of the time. as skills develop folks may win more or move on to more challenging tanks - it is up to you.  

the best balance in the game is the balance of choice - you get to decide how you want to play the game.  Too many folks seem to want to change the game to fit in with their perceptions of what is balanced and fair when actually nothing in life is either balanced or fair!   

DumbApe #19 Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26626 battles
  • [HRG]
PS. Please please please correct the spelling of ‘ruins’ in the thread title. It is triggering a bit of OCD :facepalm:

Edited by DumbApe, 07 October 2019 - 11:09 PM.

llo1 #20 Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28343 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostDumbApe, on 07 October 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

the best balance in the game is the balance of choice - you get to decide how you want to play the game.  Too many folks seem to want to change the game to fit in with their perceptions of what is balanced and fair when actually nothing in life is either balanced or fair!   

As DumbApe says, you decide how you want to play the game....BUT the only way which I feel that choice is taken away from you, and being that this is a post about OP tanks, is when a toon of these OP/close to OP tanks is in the battle which you suddenly find yourself in!

IMO, toons of two of the same tanks, doesn't really matter if they are both regarded as OP as being in a toon is very likely to make them OP (drivers not taken into account), should NOT be allowed....

I have nothing against tooning per se, but these should be limited to twotanks that are different in play styles not just types. For example one light with one heavy..of one TD's with one light to spot.......simply so the toon has to really play together not simply overwhelm the game simply as they are OP or nearly OP being the two of same tank.

Also tagged with premium, tanks, premium tanks, pre, op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users