look at setup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

cooldriving #1 Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4331 battles
  • [PZ_DK]

its almost never i see a team going in same direction on a map.

mostly heavies goes the way they point, and the same for meds, even though i think its stupid to split teams up. atleast on specific maps.

if i drive a heavy, i almost every time follow meds, if red and green are more or less the same. 2 td, 3Meds, 2heavy.

in my mind it makes more sense to get rid of red meds in a hurry, and then have the upper hand against heavies.

and in meds i only go the meds way if we are equal or more than the red. 

but i see a lot of people going one direction, and rest of the team another. 

i just dont get it.

how can people think its a good idea to go alone aginst X heavies/meds

look at setup and make U-turn, its not that hard, and im sure there will be more victories than losses

maybe i am the moron here. then feel free to tell me, so i can change my approch

efoster29 #2 Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55226 battles
  • [BKRAP]

People think,well, what will they think of next !

;)

Chairman_merpug #3 Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45805 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postcooldriving, on 08 October 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

mostly heavies goes the way they point, and the same for meds, even though i think its stupid to split teams up. atleast on specific maps.

if i drive a heavy, i almost every time follow meds, if red and green are more or less the same. 2 td, 3Meds, 2heavy.

in my mind it makes more sense to get rid of red meds in a hurry, and then have the upper hand against heavies.

i just dont get it.

look at setup and make U-turn, its not that hard, and im sure there will be more victories than losses

maybe i am the moron here. then feel free to tell me, so i can change my approch

Welcome to the club, mate. The key to winning is to be able to make the most of the stupidity of both teams. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

reekoiler #4 Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40995 battles
  • [FTC-1]

On Black Goldville yesterday, tier 10 encounter battle, our IS4 (14,000 battles WR 40% ave. dmg. 400) went straight to the cap while we slugged it out up by the caves. He capped & we therefore won. So the lesson he will take from that is entirely wrong but he will need another 10,000 battles to figure it out - if he ever does.

Yes, outside tournament play, it’s best to go the same side although a fast light or med can spot the middle or far flank so long as he doesn’t take too many risks.

cooldriving #5 Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4331 battles
  • [PZ_DK]
had a tier 10 battle yesterday too. same map, m48-patton ( 27000 battles wr 37% avg dam 269 ) went the opposite way than rest of team and vanished after 30 sec. atleast he spotted them. and we ended up with a win.

Replicant_2 #6 Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5969 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postreekoiler, on 09 October 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Yes, outside tournament play, it’s best to go the same side although a fast light or med can spot the middle or far flank so long as he doesn’t take too many risks.

True, except when executed really badly. Many times have I seen all 7 tanks move in a tight formation only to end up cornered in a tight spot and burnt in crossfire.

The caves are a good example, when the entire team tries to fight from inside the caves, the opponents usually spread in an arc around.

tanks in caves end up blocking each other as there isn’t enough space to effectively hide from shots coming from different directions.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

reekoiler #7 Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40995 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostReplicant_2, on 09 October 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

True, except when executed really badly. Many times have I seen all 7 tanks move in a tight formation only to end up cornered in a tight spot and burnt in crossfire.

The caves are a good example, when the entire team tries to fight from inside the caves, the opponents usually spread in an arc around.

tanks in caves end up blocking each other as there isn’t enough space to effectively hide from shots coming from different directions.

Indeed, overcrowding is a risk.

You know what I wish? It’s impossible but it would be bloody useful. After every battle you would get a short feedback report on your play. Just a couple of sentences. Nothing negative but informative. It would help improvement because we weaker players are not always the best judges of our abilities.

minitelrose #8 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72118 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postcooldriving, on 08 October 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

i just dont get it.

in most cases, you need to stick together, and in most cases, you need to go the same side, and in most cases, that side is the med spawn side. 

however, this said...

there are maps where splitting is the smart things to do,

there are instances of team compositions where splitting is the smart thing to do, 

and there are players who just can’t stick with the group. In this group are a zillion noobs, and myself.

some random recent replay, just saying....

https://replays.wotinspector.com/en/view/e46c6d14632063ccdc2f11cf4a516c77

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #9 Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72118 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostReplicant_2, on 09 October 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

reminds me of a game in castilla. 
usually castilla the (A) side is stronger especially for the north, and nobody goes there.

We spawn south however and I ask help to keep reds out of the (A) And church.

to my surprise, every single tank follows me and we all end up in that small town before (A), 

no visibility, no line of fire to anywhere significant, So crowded I can’t even go back, and of course I’m spotted by something.

resulted in 7-0 because nobody ever moved anywhere from that place, and we got shot from snipers, from above, from behind. 

it’s been quite a while, and is still a trauma.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users