Fastest way to max out crew skills (mentor)

crew skills skill mentor premium medium Cromwell B T54 Mod 1 personal supply acceleration crew

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Fastest way to max out crew skills (mentor) (5 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What is the fastest way to max out crew skills (starting from mentor)

1. Buy a premium medium tank (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Spend gold on crew accelertaion (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Free to play (spend extra time, master out your faviorite tanks and enjoy the wins) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Something else, will add the comment as a post (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Hide poll

DeusExMachina_Terminator #1 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4319 battles
  • [O-U-T]

What is the fastest way to max out crew skills (at least up to level VI)?

For example, I want to get the level IV Mentor skill first, as fast as possible. 

1. Should I buy a premium medium tank? Cromwell B, T54 Mod 1 etc?
    • I yes, then which one? (I like M4, T-34, Strv m/42 because of gun depression, hull down and close-combat style of game, also the circle of death approach if I have a rotation speed advantage)
  2. Should I spend gold on crew acceleration?
  3. Is it ok to stick on free to play approach and continue to play tier 2 - 5 mediums (e.g. mastered: M4, T-34, Strv m/42).
  4. Something else. E.g. joining a clan, personal supply, buy premium days, etc ... I'm not joined to any clans yet.

Crew Skills.jpg

Additional info: I have 2800 gold and not planning to buy if it's not strongly recommended. In general, I have tanks from tier 2 to 6. Also, I have Lycan (tier 7). The general plan is to max out crew skills before I will go higher tiers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ylak86sDoA

Edited by DeusExMachina_Terminator, 28 October 2019 - 11:26 AM.

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40481 battles
  • [AFK]

i voted for last one and my recommendation is play all tanks which you completed specially daily x2 resets to get some xp

then use that xp to get your skills up to level 5 after that dont use gold just use credits

buying premium vehicle can help but its not requiered if you want go for mod1 or any tier 8 tank low tiers give you less xp :)

if you have lycan just play that till you get enough xp to max everything to level 5 you will also save some credits for the higher levels

Fat_Basturd #3 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 813 battles
  • [EFOFF]
Play crazy game mode as much as you can.

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38428 battles
  • [-GNA-]

For each tank class get the skills all up to level 4 minimum. This is pretty easy to do.

Level 5 for all is better but you need far more XP.

This gives a decent perk for all tanks. This can help you earn more XP per battle.

Then next is premium time. This is best bang for buck.

You get 1.5x XP earned and bonus credits... on every tank!
Then use your boosters with 2x/5x bonus for max gains. Play all 2x tanks to earn the fastest.

For long play time grinding find a tank you do well in that makes good xp.

If you look at your account/tank stats then sort them by xp earned, then pick a good earner.

Usually this is a higher tier tank as more xp is available per battle, tiers 6-8 could be a sweet spot depending on skill and tanks.

edit:

Joining a clan is credit bonus as you get items cheaper. This doesnt do anything for XP earnings.

Also I would focus on just getting everthing to level 5 as this is a good bonus, 2% more wont be a massive difference.

Then let the skills naturally build up as you grind more tanks, as you will max the crew xp before grinding the xp needed for next tank.

Edited by The_Mighty_Wombat, 28 October 2019 - 02:21 PM.

DeusExMachina_Terminator #5 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4319 battles
  • [O-U-T]

According to Littlefinger calculations, you will save ~25k battles, if you maximize Mentor skill first: https://youtu.be/4Ylak86sDoA?t=926

I know, this 25k is the theoretical number and actually you want to play different tanks types and levels, boosters, premium days etc and have a fun time while doing it (grinding only Mentor skill is not fun).

I guess I will follow The_Mighty_Wombat & O_o__O_o__O_o suggestions and get the skills all up to level 4 minimum first (at least important skills)

Edited by DeusExMachina_Terminator, 28 October 2019 - 05:17 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30302 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I asked the same question many moons ago and took the route of getting everything to level iv...

I then focused on some of the skills getting them to level vii, in general that was focussing on the ones that are permanent like repairs; pen boost, smooth ride, traverse etc, I got them to level 6, then got everything to 6 and then repeated to get them from 6 to 7...

I used this post as a guide...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/69119-panzers-better-guide-to-choosing-crew-skills/

As noted don’t use gold, but use credits and x2 xp on tanks you’ve fully ground...

547146227.png

Chairman_merpug #7 Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 50131 battles
  • [AFK]
The crew skills booster helps, too. Especially on 5x games. Mind you, I think I golded mine on a trade in offer to use up excess crew skills on elited tanks.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Black_Wolf_Ja #8 Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10199 battles
  • [XMEN-]
i was able to max skill pretty fast by using all the free exp i had on the E-100, about 2 million, even premium tanks make a lot of it since they are elite.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

MarsIsBrightTonight #9 Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32256 battles
  • [OBB]

Well, you asked for the fastest way, and the fastest way is to use extra XP (the 'blue' one, not the 'gold' free EXP) and gold.

Whether this is cost effective is another matter. For example, the jury's still out on whether maximizing Mentor straight away is worth the effort or not.

Also, some crew skills are more useful than others. Smooth Ride, Smooth Turret Traverse (meds crew skills) are worth spending on; same goes for Firefighting, Repairs (heavy crew skills), Camouflage, Clutch Braking and Smooth Turn (TD crew skills). For light tanks, Hasty Shot and Breakthrough are a boon, but the one I fell in love with is Precision Fire which results in 1) more DPB and 2) lesser chances of an enemy tank limping away or, worse, surviving your intended coup de grace and taking its revenge on you.

Close Combat is useful if you drive heavies a lot. Deadly Accuracy, if you often are the last man standing (happens rarely to me due to my yoloing tendency). All others are situational, welcome when they happen, but not a game changer.

Edited by MarsIsBrightTonight, 04 November 2019 - 03:12 PM.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)

Toulgar #10 Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45376 battles
  • [209BC]

View PostDeusExMachina_Terminator, on 28 October 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

According to Littlefinger calculations, you will save ~25k battles, if you maximize Mentor skill first: https://youtu.be/4Ylak86sDoA?t=926

I know, this 25k is the theoretical number and actually you want to play different tanks types and levels, boosters, premium days etc and have a fun time while doing it (grinding only Mentor skill is not fun).

I guess I will follow The_Mighty_Wombat & O_o__O_o__O_o suggestions and get the skills all up to level 4 minimum first (at least important skills)

This is not quite exactly right. Lets say you picked mentor skill over others, including in-battle skills. You will perform slightly worse. And you will get less XP due to this fact. Battle skills, such as repair accelaration, faster reload etc might even bring the last second victory, thus causing better results and stats. Playing in clan means nothing, unless you have regular and talented platoon mate. But experienced and talented players would be useful for your progress. Gathering multipliers for tanks is essential to me, special multipliers such as x3-5 is a must, i remember times collecting all my multipliers while it is x5. Premium time during x5 is a must. 

I was a "mentor" too, but i didn't ignore others. Just improved mentor to the next level before than others. If i was doing all over today, it would be last.

Edited by Toulgar, 18 November 2019 - 08:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users