INVERT Y-AXIS CONTROLS

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

sarray #1 Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

Good day tankbros,

im 32k games veteran of PC WoT and i just downloaded blitz on my phone to play a bit. However, i cant seem to find y-axis toggle for aiming (finger down, aim up, and vice versa) like i do play everything else.

I guess it is hidden in some other menu, its name is different, or im just PLAIN dumb (always a possibility).

Please help

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47483 battles
  • [AFK]
Not sure if you can. The UI metaphor is more direct, with your finger actually pointing to the aim point.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

sarray #3 Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

Wow that REALLY sucks.. programming that would be really easy.. How many years does Blitz exists? I cant imagine this has never been asked for before..

Well, if that is true, i guess uninstall for me.. thats a hard nope, playing opposite of what is natural for me, and looking at the sky instead of tanks, all the time

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47483 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsarray, on 02 November 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Wow that REALLY sucks.. programming that would be really easy.. How many years does Blitz exists? I cant imagine this has never been asked for before..

Well, if that is true, i guess uninstall for me.. thats a hard nope, playing opposite of what is natural for me, and looking at the sky instead of tanks, all the time

That's a bit lame, surely ? It's a different game, different platform, different control set. Shouldn't take that long to develop the muscle memory. It's like saying you'll only ever drive one make of car, because reverse gear on the others is in a different place. Persevere in the newbie swamp for a while, you'll get it. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

sarray #5 Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

View PostChairman_merpug, on 03 November 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

That's a bit lame, surely ? It's a different game, different platform, different control set. Shouldn't take that long to develop the muscle memory. It's like saying you'll only ever drive one make of car, because reverse gear on the others is in a different place. Persevere in the newbie swamp for a while, you'll get it. 

I disagree.

every shooting game in existence has invert y axis simply because many, many people find that more natural to do. Not even to mention all WG games on PC have that as well.

Your analogy with car and reverse gear is not adequate.. Better analogy would be to drive British car which has steering wheel on left, so you HAVE TO switch gears with right.. Which is exact opposite to what i am used to. That is very similar to this situation.

Anyway, i am a programmer so i know how easy it is to make that happen, which shows me that it is their decision to NOT implement that easy fix (reasons i wont go into, except that i can not think of any VALID reason for that). All good, it is their right to do so.

Accordingly, it is my right is to say [edited]off with that stupid decision, i want to fight enemies not the controls, and not to ruin my vertical feel which i use in ALL other games, including wot on PC, and to uninstall this.

Every decision has its consequences, they just lost a paying customer.  Its cool.

The_Mighty_Wombat #6 Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37887 battles
  • [-GNA-]
Byye

Chairman_merpug #7 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47483 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsarray, on 03 November 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

I disagree.

every shooting game in existence has invert y axis simply because many, many people find that more natural to do. Not even to mention all WG games on PC have that as well.

Your analogy with car and reverse gear is not adequate.. Better analogy would be to drive British car which has steering wheel on left, so you HAVE TO switch gears with right.. Which is exact opposite to what i am used to. That is very similar to this situation.

Anyway, i am a programmer so i know how easy it is to make that happen, which shows me that it is their decision to NOT implement that easy fix (reasons i wont go into, except that i can not think of any VALID reason for that). All good, it is their right to do so.

Accordingly, it is my right is to say [edited]off with that stupid decision, i want to fight enemies not the controls, and not to ruin my vertical feel which i use in ALL other games, including wot on PC, and to uninstall this.

Every decision has its consequences, they just lost a paying customer.  Its cool.

Never had a problem switching from RHD to LHD, myself. Hiring a car in Australia was my only nightmare, as it was an automatic, and I couldn't figure out how to get moving. Took about five minutes, a real pita. 

sarray #8 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 03 November 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Byye

Nice to know you too! Very useful

sarray #9 Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42 battles

View PostChairman_merpug, on 03 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Never had a problem switching from RHD to LHD, myself. Hiring a car in Australia was my only nightmare, as it was an automatic, and I couldn't figure out how to get moving. Took about five minutes, a real pita. 

Anyway, thanks for the chat and confirmation.. I guess ill just stick to PC version than.

Cheers m8

The_Mighty_Wombat #10 Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37887 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 03 November 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Was it a BMW?

Chairman_merpug #11 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47483 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 03 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Was it a BMW?

Nope, a Nissan, i think. Though the worst hire car ever was a Fiat 131 in Turkey in 1989, which issued smoke from the electrics randomly and required the help of locals to push start it on a couple of occasions. Drove from Bodrum to Pamukkale on scary unmetalled roads. Lovely people, the Turks. 

Mjr_Leicht #12 Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4518 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’d like them to make it work properly with a ps4/xbox controller but they won’t but they have a console version...

This is a game designed for mobile devices with Pc/Mac support as an added bonus, it would be a waste of time and resources adding a feature just for kbm players so best you go back to WoT and try and chill out just because you want something doesn’t mean it’s a must have or a bad thing if it doesn’t exist...

Your sense of self entitlement is staggering...

Have fun in your inverted pc world!

560273467.png

The_Mighty_Wombat #13 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37887 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostMjr_Leicht, on 04 November 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I’d like them to make it work properly with a ps4/xbox controller but they won’t but they have a console version...

Asking around I got an informal response that control support isnt being looked at.

So unless there is 3rd party apps that keymap on phone/tablet then your out of luck.

You can use a controller on PC with apps such as “JoyToKey” to bind mouse and keyboard to a controller.

I got this to work for WotB, WoT and WoWS.

But Im pretty useless with the controller as there isnt good aim assist like in consoles or supported games.

I think I will just stick to ForzaH4 on PC, I can play that from the couch on the big screen with ease.

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28841 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 05 November 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Asking around I got an informal response that control support isnt being looked at.

So unless there is 3rd party apps that keymap on phone/tablet then your out of luck.

You can use a controller on PC with apps such as “JoyToKey” to bind mouse and keyboard to a controller.

I got this to work for WotB, WoT and WoWS.

But Im pretty useless with the controller as there isnt good aim assist like in consoles or supported games.

I think I will just stick to ForzaH4 on PC, I can play that from the couch on the big screen with ease.

Yeah I know...

It works ok on iOS 13 but is missing way 2 switch ammo which is deal breaker for me, I posted elsewhere that as a console gamer the driving/aiming/shooting felt so natural with xbox 1s controller on phone compared to touch it was awesome but no way to map a trigger/button to toggle ammo killed it!

547146227.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users