EU server first impressions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

erwin10001 #1 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [KRK-N]

hello from Asia server!  I just started an account here to see the MM in EU that puts all the low efficiency players in a different queue,  whether it makes a difference.

i think it really reduces the number of afkers... i have hardly encountered any afkers in my games in the server so far.  

However, if you discount the afkers, my impressions so far is that the player quality is about the same though there seem to be differences in the style/meta. In Mines, it seems that every game a significant number of players rush lighthouse instead of hill. Then there is the camping together... camping is found everywhere but it seems that in EU server, players like to camp together in the same bush rather than finding different corners of the map. 

Players prefer to camp than to YOLO in this server, and I often find myself trying to defend our spawn from red team that is pushing into our camping team...

Edited by erwin10001, 20 November 2019 - 10:57 PM.

Just_merpug #2 Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56713 battles
  • [AFK]
Welcome to the noobstrom. The meta has become very spawn campy recently, though we do have many, many players when think going straight ahead is what they should do, many who think they should follow the heavies and shoot the fronts of the red heavies and far too many who are completely sodding useless.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

erwin10001 #3 Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [KRK-N]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 21 November 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Welcome to the noobstrom. The meta has become very spawn campy recently, though we do have many, many players when think going straight ahead is what they should do, many who think they should follow the heavies and shoot the fronts of the red heavies and far too many who are completely sodding useless.

thanks for the welcome. the 'camping together' behaviour is really distinctive of this server. Seriously, when I flank and scout spawn in my Vk16.02, I usually only find the afk tank sitting there. In EU server, i usually find 2 or 3 non-afk tanks just sitting at spawn, maybe behind the nearest bush.

But the lack of afk in this server is a good thing because low efficiency players are moved to a separate queue. You should see the number of afkers in the Asia server since WG doesn't want to implement it across all servers.

Just_merpug #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56713 battles
  • [AFK]

View Posterwin10001, on 21 November 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

thanks for the welcome. the 'camping together' behaviour is really distinctive of this server. Seriously, when I flank and scout spawn in my Vk16.02, I usually only find the afk tank sitting there. In EU server, i usually find 2 or 3 non-afk tanks just sitting at spawn, maybe behind the nearest bush.

But the lack of afk in this server is a good thing because low efficiency players are moved to a separate queue. You should see the number of afkers in the Asia server since WG doesn't want to implement it across all servers.

I played Asia server on holiday in Australia a few years ago, but only tier 1 & 2 - you can only grind so far in three days on Sydney WiFi - so can't really compare. Camping has got worse here lately. Players get to tier 5/6, discover Supremacy and can't handle the concept. Meanwhile, others still drive to cap on Mines... It's got to tier 8 now. This is a change in the meta. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

erwin10001 #5 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2003 battles
  • [KRK-N]

Managed to hit 70% on the VK16.02 in EU server. Only managed blitzstars rank 376 in EU server (at least higher than my Asia server ranking of 747)... Back to Asia server. The way to get around the ping I guess is to not even attempt to COD enemy tanks but to just camp and snipe, because the EU server is really a camp-fest, while the Asia server is more of a YOLO-fest. But far fewer AFK in EU server - the new MM seems effective in weeding them out! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users