• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

_RagingRabbit_ #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

Hi fellow tankers, 

Since the tank topics aren't read by most of the people here, I just open it here. 

Someone who would like to help me with the M41 bulldog? So far it total garbage in my hands... I have had maybe 2 good games (1,5k+) but otherwise it does nothing right. So far I only have the second gun, but even as top tier it totally stinks. DPM is tier 5 level, gun bloom is bad, mobility is nothing special and camo is non-existent (I get out spotted by mediums...). And the pen is bad too: my last game I bounced 15 times on grey armor... Trying to grind it but so far it's no fun :( 

Should I just throw some free XP at it because I hate the tank already :facepalm:

_RagingRabbit_ #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

40 percent winrate and decling... 

I just tried to pen a panther, he was red like a tomato... a tier 7 medium tank. How to people play with this kind of pen? Even bouncing on his side.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Schermafbeelding 2019-12-02 om 19.13.21.png   205.86K

Edited by _RagingRabbit_, 02 December 2019 - 06:14 PM.

Black_Wolf_Ja #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9821 battles
  • [XMEN-]

I hated it a lot when i first bought it, at the point that i just unlocked with free exp all the stuff to get the last gun, it's a 76mm, fast reload, decent gun overall, i remember the mobility being pretty good even when stock, just research the tracks to have a better feeling. 

The problem is the armor ofc, pretty much 25mm all around, everything pens you with HE, the tank that gives me the most problems in my bulldog is in fact the T49. When i play it i just go fast into spotting positions, after seeing what i could or couldn't spot i just relocate to snipe the meds from some distance, else i might go and help the heavies if they are outnumbered. 

I pretty much never stop in the tank unless for starting spotting, and having a very fast top speed (i think it's the fastest tier 7 light) you can go from one side of the map to the other very quickly.

Don't rely too much on your gun, fast reload yeah but you have bad pen and low alpha shells, you are not a threat for the enemy unless it's a non turreted td, let's say that doing damage is optional.

Hope i helped

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 03 December 2019 - 11:58 AM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          it's me, you know it.

_RagingRabbit_ #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

Thx but it doesn't really help ... 

160 alpha just doesn't cut it in tier 7 with the plethora of much better, big alpha with similar DPM guns. Also many derp guns. I bounce on literally 80 percent of things I shoot. Last game I bounced 6 consecutive shells on the butt of a T-32! An American heavy with no armor on it's butt! How is that possible... Not only does it get crappy pen, no armor, bad pick up speed but also terrible gun handling on the move which means shooting while driving by doesn't work at all. 

I can't carry in this tank. I'm going to sell it I guess, it's terrible. Never had such a bad experience since my first days in Blitz. 

Black_Wolf_Ja #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9821 battles
  • [XMEN-]
Are you using the 3 shells autoloader or the last gun you unlock before the T49?

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 02 December 2019 - 08:47 PM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          it's me, you know it.

_RagingRabbit_ #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

View PostBlack_Wolf_Ja, on 02 December 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

Are you using the 3 shells autoloader or the last gun you unlock before the T49?

The last gun. Haven't even tried the autoloader, which has crap DPM, even worse pen and worse gun stats.

minitelrose #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73676 battles
  • [AFK]

View Post_RagingRabbit_, on 02 December 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

The last gun. Haven't even tried the autoloader, which has crap DPM, even worse pen and worse gun stats.

could it be that your issue is with light tanks , or maybe with autoloaders ?

if that’s the case maybe consider some other tanks or tiers to bring some skills up.

m41 isn’t really a tier leading tank, but I remember having some fun with playing it.

also you mentionned one or two good games at 1500 dmg, to me a typical good game would be north of 2k dmg.

if you can’t do damage, I would think the skill part is the issue.

the other reason to bring that up is that Americans tanks are usually rather dull, 

what I mean is that regardless their types (meds, heavies, etc,,) they usually are average in all their specs and therefore don’t require a very specific playstyle (compared to, for exemple, the panther-E50, the AMX-13 line, the AT line, the waffletrader, etc...)

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

_RagingRabbit_ #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

View Postminitelrose, on 02 December 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

could it be that your issue is with light tanks , or maybe with autoloaders ?

if that’s the case maybe consider some other tanks or tiers to bring some skills up.

m41 isn’t really a tier leading tank, but I remember having some fun with playing it.

also you mentionned one or two good games at 1500 dmg, to me a typical good game would be north of 2k dmg.

if you can’t do damage, I would think the skill part is the issue.

the other reason to bring that up is that Americans tanks are usually rather dull, 

what I mean is that regardless their types (meds, heavies, etc,,) they usually are average in all their specs and therefore don’t require a very specific playstyle (compared to, for exemple, the panther-E50, the AMX-13 line, the AT line, the waffletrader, etc...)

It most certainly is because of my (lack of) skill...

I've done pretty okay in the AMX line (up to tier 7) with autoloaders. It just feels like this tank had nothing going for it. With the AMX you can trade 3 shots for 1 and run away. This tank needs constant shooting to output some damage, but that's impossible because it's squishy as hell. And while other tanks have some fear factor (like M4 rev with 350 alpha, AMX with clip, T49 with huge HE shell, even SP1C with an autoloader or at least 225 alpha), the bulldog has nothing going for it. Literally everyone focuses me, rams me to bits. A dracula on the red team? I can't do anything because he eats me alive. 

I'm just sick of playing heavies at this point... Maybe I should go back to those though :( 

O_o__O_o__O_o #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38856 battles
  • [AFK]

im not very good but i will suggest you to use autoloader and just run around the map untill you see side of red tank dont stop just shoot even if you bounce 2 keep going away and search for another side or back of red tank

that way you will also get some training for t49 hesh :)

also load a lot of apcr maybe 15-20

Titus_Scato #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

Some ideas for running the M41:

Equip a camo net rather than optics.

(The M41 is pretty big for a light tank, sure it can spot with optics, but it will get spotted right back, and you are a juicy target.)

Follow the SDS rule when spotting (Spot Don't Shoot).

(Your job is to either spot OR shoot, not both at the same time.  Shooting gives away your position, and all the reds aim at you.)

SAR (Shoot And Relocate).

(You should relocate when the enemy starts aiming at you.  You want to be shooting at targets that AREN'T looking at you.  Never be too proud to run away screaming like a girl!)

minitelrose #11 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73676 battles
  • [AFK]

View Post_RagingRabbit_, on 02 December 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

It most certainly is because of my (lack of) skill...

I've done pretty okay in the AMX line (up to tier 7) with autoloaders. It just feels like this tank had nothing going for it. With the AMX you can trade 3 shots for 1 and run away. This tank needs constant shooting to output some damage, but that's impossible because it's squishy as hell. And while other tanks have some fear factor (like M4 rev with 350 alpha, AMX with clip, T49 with huge HE shell, even SP1C with an autoloader or at least 225 alpha), the bulldog has nothing going for it. Literally everyone focuses me, rams me to bits. A dracula on the red team? I can't do anything because he eats me alive. 

I'm just sick of playing heavies at this point... Maybe I should go back to those though :( 

to say anything more specific  we would need to watch one or a couple of your replays.
Use wotinspector to post a few specific games that you fared poorly in but can’t grasp what went wrong.

We learn more from failures than successes, don’t be shy,

just from reading this note however, my remarks :

comparing AMX and m41 , although 2 lights and 2 autoloaders, is not doing justice. The AMX can perform agression, especially in lower tiers. The m41 preys from the outskirts of the battle.

the part where they reunite, is in the end game. Any light autoloader shines when enemies hp starts to be within clip range. U can cross the map, delete it, reload while en route to the next. If you die before that time, then you miss most of the fun.

its true, no fear factor from the m41 lol. But if you rely on fear factor to perform, then only a part of the tech tree can fit your playstyle. At that point learning to be efficient in underdogs or support tanks is a new step.

its not fair comparing anything to dracula, which has been broken ever since it’s introduction, in ways that can’t be fixed. A dracula full speed can shoot ram shoot you For more than 600dmg. And you will never escape him. However claiming that he eats you alive, means that you went where he did, alone. That’s two wrongs at once. Don’t go where a dracula will thrive, let him attack someone and shoot him then. Stay under the protection from some armor or some derp that will scare him or limit his movements. By protection I don’t mean close, I mean line of fire and possibility of intervention, it’s a range that varies constantly. U can be across the map but in front of  batteries of tds, if the dracula comes ram you he will certainly not drive any further. (Well, weak tanks count on team support, that’s why they are weak tanks). I guess you start to understand a few points by now. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

Knickerson #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32547 battles
  • [ICN]

I had fun with my Bulldog when I first got it. Reading this made me want to take it out again for a spin. I played 4 or 5 games in it with its top gun to see what it's like now. This is just my take at my skill level.

First off, the Bulldog is team dependent. The only time I'm likely to carry in this tank, or do top damage, is when both the red and green teams are more terrible than I—or if I happen to be in the best position. My dmg averaged 440+, which is not at all inspiring. But if I played more games, I'm likely to get that number up. The tank is spry enough to get out of trouble, if I spot the trouble soon enough. It's not going to win the flank on its own, so the trick is not to get isolated when spotted. At least in a T49, tanks will fear its derp gun and approach warily. The Bulldog doesn't exactly inspire fear on its own. It's best strength, as I can see it is its mobility, so if I'm near a red tank, my best defense is to always be moving.

Likely the best tactic is to attach myself with one of the other green tanks and either spot for them, or do hit-and-runs with them. That's what I did with a fellow Bromwell and Dracula in separate games. I don't platoon, but I willing to bet that a Bulldog platoon can be a formidable force in tier VII.

Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

Buckleyteer2 #13 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 41861 battles
  • [7GD]
I have now adapted the 3 shot gun just for fun and I run at reds then run away reposition taking pot shots then run around with a full clip popping off the wounded then run away again But I agree it is a very team dependant tank

llo1 #14 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28816 battles
  • [1RTR]

I also seem to struggle with this tank, also having a 43% wr on it, but my average damage seems quite a bit higher than yours at 648!

Unless this tank actually suits your gameplay, I think that is the whole problem, you need to change your gameplay as suggested above, or simply accept the lower performance and simply enjoy it as much as possible. 

Any skill gained by playing the tank WILL benefit you later on, so I would not free Xp everything, but definitely go for the autolaoder and top gun, whilst playing and gaining experience.

Cookiebile #15 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63120 battles
  • [AFK]

M41 is a good tank and a weak tank. It’s main characteristics it’s one of the fastest tanks in the game. It also have a very good gun with awesome gun handling.

1 stay alive. Meaning don’t die a useless death first half of the game. Meaning don’t yolo. Don’t push aggressively. Etc etc. work from distance or cover

2 in the second half of the game. Work isolated weak tanks , use your tremendous speed! 

3, most important, get a pumpkin for your bulldog and a fancy expensive camo! These do wonders!

good luck!

llo1 #16 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28816 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCookiebile, on 04 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

3, most important, get a pumpkin for your bulldog and a fancy expensive camo! These do wonders!

good luck!

What exactly does the pumpkin do?

Does it deflect shots?.....or is it really simply to ensure that the player in the tank aiming at you thinks you are such a (edit) that they simply dont think you are worth wasting a shot at?

Cookiebile #17 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63120 battles
  • [AFK]
A pumkin makes you op because of reasons, it’s just as simple as that!

Titus_Scato #18 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCookiebile, on 04 December 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

A pumkin makes you op because of reasons, it’s just as simple as that!

OP = Over Pumpkined

minitelrose #19 Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73676 battles
  • [AFK]

Im afraid that everyone doubled down saying it’s OP’s own damn fault and that he found us rude, he seems to have vanished long ago

:/

come back ! I want to ride my bulldog again, just for you !

Read my guides there

_RagingRabbit_ #20 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14010 battles
  • [FTC-4]

No you guys weren't rude, don't worry. I had some busy days, that's all. It hurts to hear that I'm just too noob to play the tank but that's ok, I want to learn how to do it properly. I have a nice example battle for you. It's a 0-7 roll over. It shows for me how little influence I could actually have on the battle (including a nice ram by an LTTB). 

https://replays.wotinspector.com/en/view/8ce6af4aac1094f47eebcf2a825d18e3

I'll provide you with more replays once I'm ready again to play it.

This one  ( https://replays.wotinspector.com/en/view/6f96740f8d918d4bb381d36f2f604055 ;) is an "ok" battle. This is what happens if my team doesn't fall apart from the first minute. You see I got some yoloitis as well, didn't expect a RU in spawn... 

But I can't carry my team in the tank. I struggle with that in every tier 7 and up, but this reminds me of my first time in the LTTB, and then I was a complete noob. I thought I was a bit better by now;.. 

And a 3th battle: https://replays.wotinspector.com/en/view/57e60523f2e940b097d90f0e48df4b2c

View Postminitelrose, on 05 December 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Im afraid that everyone doubled down saying it’s OP’s own damn fault and that he found us rude, he seems to have vanished long ago

:/

come back ! I want to ride my bulldog again, just for you !

Edited by _RagingRabbit_, 06 December 2019 - 07:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users