• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

_RagingRabbit_ #1 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18130 battles
  • [0XIDE]

Hey guys, 

I saw on YouTube some videos by several CC’s that update 6.7 is coming (well it’s coming in January) and that the Sheridan and T92 - American lights - will be introduced in that update! 

As you all know, the T49 makes crappy credits because it has a poor credit coefficient coupled with expensive ammo. It was said that this was done by WG because the T49 is “end of the line” so it makes similar credits as tier 10 heavies/meds/TDs - comparable with for example the RU in the German light line. 

With the introduction of a tier 9 and 10, it won’t be end of the line anymore, and I hope it will get a better credit coefficient consequently. What do you guys think? 

Knickerson #2 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37616 battles
  • [ICN]

I think it could be improved a bit. But I think tier VIII is usually the end of the line for most tank lines, when it comes to reliable credit earnings.

Personally, I wish something would be done to make it less feasible to earn credits without experience or skill. The noob herd in the upper tiers is in dire need of culling.

Sound trumpets! Let our colours wave!
And either victory, or else a grave.

William Shakespeare
Henry VI Part 3 – Act 2, scene 2

Debbie_Does_Dallas #3 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72054 battles
  • [HE-49]

View PostKnickerson, on 22 December 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think it could be improved a bit. But I think tier VIII is usually the end of the line for most tank lines, when it comes to reliable credit earnings.

Personally, I wish something would be done to make it less feasible to earn credits without experience or skill. The noob herd in the upper tiers is in dire need of culling.

The majority of wg cash comes from the new & inexperienced buying tier 8 premiums, imo it's the worst tier by far because of this. I've lost count of the amount of times a lone camoless lowe has lost us a battle, then a view of the profile shows only a hundred battles fought across his entire career. I wish it were a different scenario but wargreedy only see the colour of the greenback.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

_RagingRabbit_ #4 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18130 battles
  • [0XIDE]

View PostKnickerson, on 22 December 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Sounds interesting. What changes would you propose? I guess you want to target the absolute noobs and not the average but doing OK player, but how do you implement that in the formula? 

minitelrose #5 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 83760 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKnickerson, on 22 December 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

not likely. Noobs do low dmg and therefore already make very little credit. Making it worst will only discourage them from playing the game, and instead of playing upper tiers.

OP, you did you mean « T49 credit losing abilities » ?

that just makes more sense.  

improving the earning will only make more noobs play it. Do we really want more T49 in tier8 ?

i think it’s just fine as it is. (Though temporarily more T49 is bound to happen, due to everyone wanting meeshiles)

Edited by minitelrose, 22 December 2019 - 03:52 PM.

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

Knickerson #6 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37616 battles
  • [ICN]

View Postminitelrose, on 22 December 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

improving the earning will only make more noobs play it. Do we really want more T49 in tier8 ?

Just think of all the tasty noob meat derped with HE. 

William Shakespeare

Seal_McClubsky #7 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2147 battles
  • [ZFORC]
Played a heap of T49 games. Accumulated 155k XP so let the Sheridan enter. T49 was most fun pre-nerf anyway, ammoracks as far as the eye could see.

llo1 #8 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32144 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostSeal_McClubsky, on 22 December 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Played a heap of T49 games. Accumulated 155k XP so let the Sheridan enter. T49 was most fun pre-nerf anyway, ammoracks as far as the eye could see.

Never had it prior to the nerf, generally now WG only allow a couple of shots per game that get anywhere remotely near the stated dmg in the blurb.....more often than not it low rolls, especially against Russian tanks or those without any armour!

Knickerson #9 Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 37616 battles
  • [ICN]

View Post_RagingRabbit_, on 22 December 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Sounds interesting. What changes would you propose? I guess you want to target the absolute noobs and not the average but doing OK player, but how do you implement that in the formula? 

I’m not a mathemagician, but it seems one piece of that formula could be total battle count. It also occurs to me that WG has in place a means to track players’ abilities—the missions. I understand that as one gets better at the games, the mission’s difficulty factor changes. I think that level of difficulty could be tweaked (such as, do 4000 damage within three games, spot five tanks and gain 700 xp in a game while driving a med/light tank). WG could then monitor and use those achievements and use them as gateways.

I don’t know if it’d work, but those kinds of “special missions” could have high credit or tank grinding xp awards.

William Shakespeare

Selthae #10 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25729 battles
  • [CROKL]

View PostKnickerson, on 23 December 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

I understand that as one gets better at the games, the mission’s difficulty factor changes.

The mission difficulty/levels is tied into the Tier of tanks you researched and bought. The hardest missions (Level 4) unlock when you buy a researchablet T10 tank (so, L4 missions dont start if you buy a gold T10 tank). You go to Level 3 missions when you research and buy a researchable tier 8 tank.

I forgot at what tier Level 2 unlocks. Probably tier 4?

So it's entirely possible for someone to be driving a T8+ tank and still be on Level 2 missions (or L1 *shudder*).

Edited by Selthae, 23 December 2019 - 08:20 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

laws are just structured threats made by the ruling socioeconomic class

Just_merpug #11 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58152 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSelthae, on 23 December 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

The mission difficulty/levels is tied into the Tier of tanks you researched and bought. The hardest missions (Level 4) unlock when you buy a researchablet T10 tank (so, L4 missions dont start if you buy a gold T10 tank). You go to Level 3 missions when you research and buy a researchable tier 8 tank.

I forgot at what tier Level 2 unlocks. Probably tier 4?

So it's entirely possible for someone to be driving a T8+ tank and still be on Level 2 missions (or L1 *shudder*).

What on earth are the lower grade missions like, if "play one game" is always a tier 4 one? 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36731 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 24 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

What on earth are the lower grade missions like, if "play one game" is always a tier 4 one? 

Lose 1 Battle

Lose 3 Battles in a row

Get 0 hp dmg in a battle

Get shot by 1 enemy

Get shot by 3 enemies

Stay in spawn until you die

Rotate turret 10 times at start of battle

Miss with 10 shots

Cap base until you die

Rush in to reds first

:)

547146227.png