not very gude

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HablmetForever #1 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:44 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19161 battles
  • [-TXC-]

Hey guys, my name is Hab and this is another one of my hardly noticed looks at certain tanks. Thanks to this event, I got a Musketeer camo certificate so now I got an excuse to grind to the BatChat. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that rosy to me..the 13 75 felt horrible and the 13 90, while an improvement, isn't a whole lot better. So how does the whole tank look?
Gun. Not too flexible

The gun seems pretty decent on paper. 225 alpha in a three shot magazine and a 2.5s interclip reload. Not bad. I can get around the pen by spamming the 2 key for so long the enemy dies, but no matter. If you aim well, you can get some nice shots in.

The problem is if you can. The depression and elevation angles are quite frankly poor. 13 degrees of elevation is a joke, and 6 degrees is just not enough if you don't got something else going for the gun, which it really doesn't. Let's take the ltwt as an example. Five degrees of gun depression, but for that you get a 280 alpha gun and an armor profile to support depression that low. The AMX? 225 alpha which requires you to stay exposed for far longer with an armor profile that would make a borsig blush. It's not a flexible gun, but it still has potential. 

Gun rating: 6/10

The armor. Just no

Like with all the French lights, the armor just isn't there, but lights aren't about that. A lot of them have a low silhouette that makes them easy to drive around and flank tanks with. Does this thing have that? Yes! Does it matter? Not a whole lot! The low profile is very helpful in sneaky driving but when something gets a shot at you it will 100% hurt. From what I can tell the modules and crew are huddled up together, so one shot can easily kill your gunner and another module at the same time, which hurts the reliability of the tank a lot. Wish it was a bit better, but then again it's a light tank.

Armor rating: 4/10

The mobility. Pretty swift

Thankfully the mobility still saves the tank from being an instant skip from the get go. 65kph as a top speed is the norm for the lights from this point on but it moves very well and stays at that speed consistently. That's a big win.

Mobility rating: 9/10

Grand finale. Skip or not?

If I had the option to, I would skip the tank personally. However, all of my free xp reserves were burnt on the event and as such I am hoping to finish grinding it using the cumulative xp bonuses we have right now. Others however swear by this tank so I am at a loss as to how to sum this quick look at the tank up. So I'm gonna do a personal verdict as well.

VERDICT: CONSIDER IT

This tank is pretty unique at its tier thanks to its autoloader, which saves it from being a complete chore. If you want a different light, however, I'd recommend the Ru 251 instead of this. This isn't a tank which could be everyone's cup of tea, so you just gotta try it out and see for yourself.

PERSONAL VERDICT: SKIP IT

This is easily my least favorite tier 8 in the garage right now. I'd instantly skip it if I had the option, it's just not good enough to stay at my garage for much longer. I heard the BatChats have more reliable guns so that's a relief.

TANK EFFECTIVENESS: 6/10

This isn't a very effective light. It does the basics well but struggles at a lot of the more complex and threatening situations such as dealing reliable damage and surviving for a decent amount of time.

FUN FACTOR: 8/10

Okay, it's fun blasting at 65kph and unleashing your clip all over an enemy's rear..the fun factor saves the tank as well so the grind isn't too uncomfortable.

Pros:

• Decent burst damage
  • Good mobility
  • Decent interclip reload

Cons:

• Poor penetration
  • Mediocre reload
  • Poor gun depression and elevation
  • Low survivability

Pururut #2 Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23693 battles
  • [1RTR_]
Mew o.o
Bun bun

Rasenmaehermann #3 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4556 battles
  • [DERRP]

View PostHablmetForever, on 26 December 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Unfortunately, it wasn't all that rosy to me..the 13 75 felt horrible and the 13 90, while an improvement, isn't a whole lot better. 

Tier to tier wise the 13 75 is better in my opinion. the clip damage is more effective at tier 7.

Im confused that you dislike the french LTs. Maybe you could share a few replays.  From what I am reading in your post, it gives me the impression that you are using the tank as a 1 vs 1 fighter.  Try to avoid that.   Its best to attack an enemy who is already occupied with one of your teammates.  Your teammate strategically "holds him in place".  It makes things easier.   I agree about the elevation/depression angles. It makes it harder to manuever. When I play the french LTs, I typically plan ahead for the next 10 seconds of an attack(and for the terrain to use).  Some sort of risk assessment.  When there is no opportunity, just have some patience.  If you really cant do anything, it already helps the team, when you distract/ bug the enemy.

Edited by Rasenmaehermann, 27 December 2019 - 11:37 AM.

HablmetForever #4 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19161 battles
  • [-TXC-]

View PostRasenmaehermann, on 27 December 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Tier to tier wise the 13 75 is better in my opinion. the clip damage is more effective at tier 7.

Im confused that you dislike the french LTs. Maybe you could share a few replays.  From what I am reading in your post, it gives me the impression that you are using the tank as a 1 vs 1 fighter.  Try to avoid that.   Its best to attack an enemy who is already occupied with one of your teammates.  Your teammate strategically "holds him in place".  It makes things easier.   I agree about the elevation/depression angles. It makes it harder to manuever. When I play the french LTs, I typically plan ahead for the next 10 seconds of an attack(and for the terrain to use).  Some sort of risk assessment.  When there is no opportunity, just have some patience.  If you really cant do anything, it already helps the team, when you distract/ bug the enemy.

Don't worry, I try to avoid 1v1 engagements in most autoloaders as a lot of them have pretty terrible reloads. Thankfully the BC is so much better..

Also tagged with not, very, gude

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users