European tanks P.43 bis P.43bis Tier6 Tier 6 Italian tank

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ImATomatoUMU #1 Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7711 battles
  • [TSAR]
Recently i have 21 battles in P.43 bis Italian spaghetti, but this spaghetti is slow even with best engine (slow like a damn KV-3), mostly won't penetrate anything with the stock gun and probably will hit at stupid areas because of this inaccurate gun, top gun has a low penetration, has a nice armour for a medium tank so it's ok but the armour is the all this tank has and it's literally a worse T34, so i think this tank needs a buff on both speed (a little bit) and the gun penetration (at least 20 in both top and stock gun), it succeeded as the tank that i have the worst stats on it honestly, i thought nothing can be worse than KV-2 (in my opinion), but this tank is something else, even with average 34 km/h stat you won't reach at even 40 km/h most of the time and your gun won't help you either if you're dealing with armoured targets, i thought Strv m/42 would be the last thing i suffered through in this tech tree but (judging by literally the exact same look of P.43 ter and that lack of penetration) it looks like i'll suffer for another 2 tiers.
July ~ September 2019 had the best RNG (literally none), change my mind.

Black_Wolf_Ja #2 Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10599 battles

I got sick of the stock tank and i researched turret and gun with free exp, yeah the tank is VERY slow as stock (fun fact, KV-3 is one of the heavies that has the best mobility), but the mobility is decent with the last engine also because as you said it has very good frontal armor, if you angle correctly tier V meds and lights can't pen you frontally, which is pretty funny tbh, you need the 90mm asap. 118 pen for the stock gun is nothing, i remember i first tried this tank in the halloween mode, couldn't keep it up either.

The only thing i don't like of the top gun is that the shells are SLOW, and when i say slow i mean DERP GUN slow, you have to give way more lead for it to work on distance, i don't find the 140mm of pen being bad on the top gun, as i'm that type of guy who aims for weakspots instaed of loading gold ammo. The only thing i would buff is the shell velocity, nothing else.

Let's make a pen comparison with the other tier 6 meds top guns:

Sherman Firefly: +31 (171), obviously because this tank brings to the td line

Chi-to: +15 (155) 

VK 30.01 D/PZ IV S/VK 30.02 M: +10 (150)

VK 30.01 P/Cromwell/Cromwell B/AC IV Sentinel: +5 (145)

T-34-85: +4 (144)

Strv 74A2 -5 (135)

Y5 Firefly -10 (130)

Fury/Type 58/M4A3E2/M4A3E8/Loza's Sherman: -12  (128)

T-34-85 Victory: -14 (126)

As you can see the average pen is between 130 to 150, so 140 is neither too bad nor too good.

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 30 December 2019 - 09:42 AM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35494 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I hope there are some top tips as I despise this thing...

Can’t make it work at all...

Bottom tier I may as well not play for all the good I do...

it’s slow, seems to be spotted from the moon - as they see me but I can’t see them, has no armour that is any use against most tier vi’s and viii’s - MT-25 just eats it alive, 

That may be because I’m so used to my beloved T-34-85 but this tank is cursed for me...

547146227.png

ImATomatoUMU #4 Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7711 battles
  • [TSAR]

View PostBlack_Wolf_Ja, on 30 December 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

I got sick of the stock tank and i researched turret and gun with free exp, yeah the tank is VERY slow as stock (fun fact, KV-3 is one of the heavies that has the best mobility), but the mobility is decent with the last engine also because as you said it has very good frontal armor, if you angle correctly tier V meds and lights can't pen you frontally, which is pretty funny tbh, you need the 90mm asap. 118 pen for the stock gun is nothing, i remember i first tried this tank in the halloween mode, couldn't keep it up either.

The only thing i don't like of the top gun is that the shells are SLOW, and when i say slow i mean DERP GUN slow, you have to give way more lead for it to work on distance, i don't find the 140mm of pen being bad on the top gun, as i'm that type of guy who aims for weakspots instaed of loading gold ammo. The only thing i would buff is the shell velocity, nothing else.

Let's make a pen comparison with the other tier 6 meds top guns:

Sherman Firefly: +31 (171), obviously because this tank brings to the td line

Chi-to: +15 (155) 

VK 30.01 D/PZ IV S/VK 30.02 M: +10 (150)

VK 30.01 P/Cromwell/Cromwell B/AC IV Sentinel: +5 (145)

T-34-85: +4 (144)

Strv 74A2 -5 (135)

Y5 Firefly -10 (130)

Fury/Type 58/M4A3E2/M4A3E8/Loza's Sherman: -12  (128)

T-34-85 Victory: -14 (126)

As you can see the average pen is between 130 to 150, so 140 is neither too bad nor too good.

You're right about the top gun (i've researched it too[without free exp though, and it was painful]), and i've mentioned the armour too, though it's not that much great, at least not against a good player who knows what they're doing, but if we're gonna talk about the pen stats of other meds, let's take a look at their pen stats with the stock guns as well
M4A3E8 128 pen
T34-85 125 pen
VK 30.01P and VK 30.01D 110 pen
Sherman Firefly 148 pen
Cromwell 130 pen (i'm considering tier 5 gun as stock because it'll be already researched when getting the Cromwell)
Chi-To 124 pen
Type 58 120 pen
And the last one, our spaghetti boy with the worst penetration rate of 118 pen, even with APCR it has the worst penetration rate and since gun doesn't do much damage APCR will do far worse damage like 90 or something, and even if you penetrate someone with AP (not APCR) it won't do much damage either

Also we all shoot the weak spots, i'm just telling that it won't work with stock, you can understand that since i've said "you mostly won't penetrate ANYTHING with the stock gun", i'm not a unicum that's for sure but i know how to penetrate too (if the gun has enough penetration of course), and the gun velocity can be upgraded with Supercharge equipment so i don't think it's really a weakness, not for me at least honestly

And the last subject is speed 
Considering there are some better meds with better armour and better speed in tier 6, this spaghetti has 2 weaknesses, speed and stock gun penetration rate, T34-85 runs around with 40, VK tanks with 50, Firefly is obviously slow because it's engine is tier 5 and max speed isn't that much enough to push either, the Cromwell also runs around with 50, Chi-To is same as Firefly, Type 58 with 32-35, M4A3E8 with 32-35, the ones which are slower than our spaghetti either has bad engine or bad max speed

Btw in my case KV-3 can only compete with Tiger (P) on speed, others are either very slow (like Black Prince) or just too fast for KV-3 (like Tiger I, T29, IS, AMX M4 45), i haven't used it, but i had 2 friends who used it and got behind me, this only happens because of the terrain abilities of KV-3 i guess

Edited by AudraSvyatoya, 31 December 2019 - 04:46 AM.

ImATomatoUMU #5 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7711 battles
  • [TSAR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 30 December 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I hope there are some top tips as I despise this thing...

Can’t make it work at all...

Bottom tier I may as well not play for all the good I do...

it’s slow, seems to be spotted from the moon - as they see me but I can’t see them, has no armour that is any use against most tier vi’s and viii’s - MT-25 just eats it alive, 

That may be because I’m so used to my beloved T-34-85 but this tank is cursed for me...

MT-25 eats literally everything alive to be fair, if you're not using a tank which has high alpha damage, don't show yourself to MT-25, or be an annoyment to it if you want to make it vulnerable to your teammates, for the P.43 bis armour part, you have to sidescrape or wiggle it always while rushing your enemies, they will just look at you as if they're looking at birds :D

Edited by AudraSvyatoya, 30 December 2019 - 10:04 AM.

Black_Wolf_Ja #6 Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10599 battles

View PostAudraSvyatoya, on 30 December 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

You're right about the top gun (i've researched it too[without free exp though, and it was painful]), and i've mentioned the armour too, though it's not that much great, at least not against a good player who knows what they're doing.

Also we all shoot the weak spots, i'm just telling that it won't work with stock, you can understand that since i've said "you mostly won't penetrate ANYTHING with the stock gun", i'm not a unicum that's for sure but i know how to penetrate too (if the gun has enough penetration of course), and the gun velocity can be upgraded with Supercharge equipment so i don't think it's really a weakness, not for me at least honestly

And the last subject is speed 
Considering there are some better meds with better armour and better speed in tier 6, this spaghetti has 2 weaknesses, speed and stock gun penetration rate, T34-85 runs around with 40, VK tanks with 50, Firefly is obviously slow because it's engine is tier 5 and max speed isn't that much enough to push either, the Cromwell also runs around with 50, Chi-To is same as Firefly, Type 58 with 32-35, M4A3E8 with 32-35, the ones which are slower than our spaghetti either has bad engine or bad max speed

I agree that the stock gun could get some buffs, after all very few tanks are enjoyable or decent when stock but yeah while only the germans have the Marder ll's 75mm as stock gun, our spaghetti boi has terrible dpm together with bad alpha damage and pen.

But yeah certainly the tank is not impenetrable, but i as bottom tier struggle a lot against this thing, most likely because all the tier V got powercreeped with the 5.5 update, while i have to carefully aim for the 160 alpha shot to go into a pixel spot, the guy can autoaim me without even waiting for the circle to close and it's a guaranteed pen, but this is another story.

What i meant about the velocity of the shell being an issue it's because it's a medium tank, and it has a KV-2 shell velocity like LOL, which is not common for medium tanks, that's why it pisses me off a bit, but what can you do.

I don't find max speed being too much of an issue, definitely only when i need to relocate very quickly because enemies are coming, but it has a surprisingly good backwards speed though, probably wg wants to keep it slow, imagine this thing running around at 50 km/h, it would be a tier 6 rampanzer lol.

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 31 December 2019 - 09:02 AM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

ImATomatoUMU #7 Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7711 battles
  • [TSAR]

View PostBlack_Wolf_Ja, on 30 December 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

I agree that the stock gun could get some buffs, after all very few tanks are enjoyable or decent when stock but yeah while only the germans have the Marder 2 75mm as stock gun, our spaghetti boi has terrible dpm together with bad alpha damage and pen.

But yeah certainly the tank is not impenetrable, but i as bottom tier struggle a lot against this thing, most likely because all the tier V got powercreeped with the 5.5 update, while i have to carefully aim for the 160 alpha shot to go into a pixel spot, the guy can autoaim me without even waiting for the circle to close and it's a guaranteed pen, but this is another story.

What i meant about the velocity of the shell being an issue it's because it's a medium tank, and it has a KV-2 shell velocity like LOL, which is not common for medium tanks, that's why it pisses me off a bit, but what can you do.

I don't find max speed being too much of an issue, definitely only when i need to relocate very quickly because enemies are coming but  it has a surprisingly good backwards speed though, probably wg wants to keep it slow, imagine this thing running around at 50 km/h, it would be a tier 6 rampanzer lol.

I agree about the whole thing, but it wouldn't be bad if it would run around with 40 km/h :3

Edited by AudraSvyatoya, 31 December 2019 - 04:23 AM.

SirArthurStreebGreebling #8 Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 47261 battles
  • [VG]

My top-tip here is what I did....

I free XP'd my way up to the tier 8 Pantyliner

ImATomatoUMU #9 Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7711 battles
  • [TSAR]

View PostSirArthurStreebGreebling, on 09 January 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

My top-tip here is what I did....

I free XP'd my way up to the tier 8 Pantyliner

Yeah it's good, i think it's the best autoloader, I have 80k free exp but i don't wanna use it while i'm not in Pantera D:

Just_merpug #10 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56824 battles
  • [AFK]
I'm quite enjoying it now, having sucked badly at the start.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users