• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

_RagingRabbit_ #1 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles
  • [FTC-4]

Hey guys, 

I just watched the Blitz livestream on Facebook and I was thinking that people that don't have time to watch streams would like to know what's going to happen in update 6.8. 

- ATGM's: no nerf in 6.8, they say that more data is needed before considering a nerf. If they nerf it it will not happen before update 6.9. Nerfing speed, accuracy or alpha are all considered in that case. 

- A new Russian TD will land in the shop "soon": SU-130PM, which is a Scorpion G with Russian bias included. It has lower DPM but crazy mobility, because they showed it driving around on the new map

- That new map is the Greek map we are waiting for, and it's named "Hellas". It looks pretty big but in some ways it reminds me a bit of a 'Greek' version of Falls Creek. A new map is always cool of course.

- There will be some UI changes as well, all minor things, concerning the tech tree (making a more distinct difference between tanks in your garage, researched tanks and not-researched tanks). 

- The Chinese New Year event will start this Friday (the 24th of January). Like we all know the event will have to main prizes, namely the Type 64 light tank and T-34-3 medium tank. 

It appears to be pretty F2P friendly. There's only one currency this time, which are the "Lunar Coins". We can get Lunar Coins in 3 different ways: 

1) Winning will grant 2 Lunar Coins per game 

2) After 5 victories on a day we will get 5 Lunar Chests, containing a fixed amount of 5 Coins/chest. Which means 25 extra coins (that's what they said, someway I doubt we will get 25 coins extra every day but you never know). 

3) We will be able to buy chests with lunar coins, containing a fixed amount of 25 coins per chest in the shop, for credits. This will be limited to a certain amount of chests and the price in credits is yet to be revealed. 

Getting everything including the 2 tanks will open up the last "special stage" with 7,5k free XP or 1 day of premium. The way I understand it this is some kind of "coin sink" because you will be able to unlock this as many times as you want with lunar coins. 

If you want to get both tanks you'll need 1200 Lunar Coins. I'll leave the math to other people but according to the people on the stream, getting the Type 64 should be really easy with 10-15 victories every day during the event. At least it doesn't look too bad, in my honest opinion. 

minitelrose #2 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 76333 battles
  • [AFK]

I bought the type64 which is okayish but on the underpowered side given so many buffs in tier7. 
that they give it away means the next time they sell it, they will need to buff it.

thats the only good news for me as I like the tank. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

RibbleStripe #3 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 1213 battles
  • [WG]

View Post_RagingRabbit_, on 22 January 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hey guys, 

I just watched the Blitz livestream on Facebook and I was thinking that people that don't have time to watch streams would like to know what's going to happen in update 6.8. 

- ATGM's: no nerf in 6.8, they say that more data is needed before considering a nerf. If they nerf it it will not happen before update 6.9. Nerfing speed, accuracy or alpha are all considered in that case. 

- A new Russian TD will land in the shop "soon": SU-130PM, which is a Scorpion G with Russian bias included. It has lower DPM but crazy mobility, because they showed it driving around on the new map

- That new map is the Greek map we are waiting for, and it's named "Hellas". It looks pretty big but in some ways it reminds me a bit of a 'Greek' version of Falls Creek. A new map is always cool of course.

- There will be some UI changes as well, all minor things, concerning the tech tree (making a more distinct difference between tanks in your garage, researched tanks and not-researched tanks). 

- The Chinese New Year event will start this Friday (the 24th of January). Like we all know the event will have to main prizes, namely the Type 64 light tank and T-34-3 medium tank. 

It appears to be pretty F2P friendly. There's only one currency this time, which are the "Lunar Coins". We can get Lunar Coins in 3 different ways: 

1) Winning will grant 2 Lunar Coins per game 

2) After 5 victories on a day we will get 5 Lunar Chests, containing a fixed amount of 5 Coins/chest. Which means 25 extra coins (that's what they said, someway I doubt we will get 25 coins extra every day but you never know). 

3) We will be able to buy chests with lunar coins, containing a fixed amount of 25 coins per chest in the shop, for credits. This will be limited to a certain amount of chests and the price in credits is yet to be revealed. 

Getting everything including the 2 tanks will open up the last "special stage" with 7,5k free XP or 1 day of premium. The way I understand it this is some kind of "coin sink" because you will be able to unlock this as many times as you want with lunar coins. 

If you want to get both tanks you'll need 1200 Lunar Coins. I'll leave the math to other people but according to the people on the stream, getting the Type 64 should be really easy with 10-15 victories every day during the event. At least it doesn't look too bad, in my honest opinion. 

I\m pretty sure i said changes are possible in 6.8

_RagingRabbit_ #4 Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles
  • [FTC-4]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 22 January 2020 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hey Ribble, thanks for being in the stream (and here on the forums). I might have understood you wrongly but I thought you meant with “more data is needed” that 6.8 would come too early anyway. Haven’t followed the stream from the very beginning. Thanks for the correction. 

gulfuroth #5 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34692 battles
  • [WTF]
Thanks for sharing this, I've shared it in the Subreddit. 

Widd1 #6 Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 75626 battles
  • [49DIV]

Hi, you really need to get the devs to look at the way ATGM can be guided by the lookout bar. I think this is the main issue. You can aim your turret directly away from target use lookout bar to aim and make missile turn 180 degrees and still hit. That is the main issue with mechanic. Maybe look at aiming ATGM in sniper mode only, you should have line of sight for these missiles to hit. Currently it is nothing like it. You only have to check the CC vids on YouTube to see it’s broken.

Cheers.

Black_Wolf_Ja #7 Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10189 battles
  • [XMEN-]

I still have some Lunar Currency from old events, i hope i can use it, otherwise i'll just grind the event, i wanted both tanks in my collection, and even if i will have to spend some gold, i'll try to get both of them.

Still, thanks for the summary, Rabbit!

Edited by Black_Wolf_Ja, 23 January 2020 - 03:44 AM.

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

Chairman_merpug #8 Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49861 battles
  • [AFK]
I've à handful of "certificates for Type 64" sitting in storage since dear alone knows when, wondering if they will help... Though as I also have Kpfz 70 things left that didn't go when I got the tank, I doubt it.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Buckleyteer2 #9 Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43842 battles
  • [-SOF-]

I have some strange looking asteroid thingy's which I obtained somehow for the T34-3 and another tank not sure what one and they literally are redundant !!!

I have the Hype 64 got it to a decent WR then parked it but I enjoyed it and will look forward to the exchange rate then I can afford to buy the tier x bat mobile..

Replicant_2 #10 Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8112 battles
  • [HRG]

Hi, very interesting interview, thanks for sharing. 

I must say, I'd like to know who are the people who kept asking for missiles to be brought back, the only opinion I've ever heard was that the T49a has pretty much broken the game for the duration of the event, I guess in every disaster there's always a group of people who learn to benefit from it.

I strongly disagree with calling the missiles a funky new mechanic that brings variety, you could say that about auto-reloaders but the missiles break the fundamental rules of the game.

I would really urge you to reconsider breaking the line-of-sight rule in Blitz, any other tank must expose itself, wait for the reticle to shrink (or risk almost certain missing) and go back into cover. If a tank can remain entirely hidden behind a ridge and just lob missiles it doesn't matter how difficult it is to guide them (and let's face it, players are getting very good at it very quickly now, sure there are some amoebas driving the average down but otherwise I can see some pretty good control), you can afford missing as you're never at risk of retaliation. Sure, you can be pushed and out-dpm'ed by meds but if you have some cover fire they won't be able to touch you.

I appreciate the need to collect a meaningful amount of data before making decisions but seriously hope that you can find a way of making those tanks more vulnerable and bring them in line with the overall game mechanics.

Thanks R.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

gallabru #11 Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17782 battles
  • [LAGER]

In the 6.8 stream, Blitz-Stig made sure to be in the line of fire of the red tanks while he was guiding the missiles. Great.

But most of the CC vlogs, and Pantouflee streams too, evidence that the missiles can be guided from behind cover, no problem. This is my main issue with the missiles. All the mechanics developped in the game (angling, aiming, hard cover...) are negated by the missiles. This is really a pitty.

To me, having to stayed exposed while guiding the missile (i.e. only available in scope mode) is a mandatory modification. It must be completely independent of any possible nerf consideration that was mentionned by Ribble in the stream : pen, accuracy, alpha... or whatever parameter that might be tuned.

I also heard that Ribble sayed that some modifications may come as soon as 6.8, but that WG needed to accumulate more data to discuss about nerf. This, with what I wrote above... ?...

New map is nice, we will see how it plays.

The new UI improvements... dunno (nor really care, tbh). Could the transparency be removed from the clan chat window ? White characters are often over a greyish background. This does not help reading.

Tournaments in realistic mode could be fun. Removing the hp info of the tanks tagged by your team mates could be fun too. Good ideas.

Anyway, nice interview.

Edited by gallabru, 23 January 2020 - 01:08 PM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

gallabru #12 Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17782 battles
  • [LAGER]

View PostReplicant_2, on 23 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

I must say, I'd like to know who are the people who kept asking for missiles to be brought back,

Probably the same who would like to see arty, platoons of 3 or 4 or more, RNG being removed completely, teams with exactly the same composition...

Just casual players who would like to play an arcade game. Nothing wrong with playing arcade games. It is just that Blitz is not that type of game.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

Black_Wolf_Ja #13 Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10189 battles
  • [XMEN-]

View PostReplicant_2, on 23 January 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hi, very interesting interview, thanks for sharing. 

I must say, I'd like to know who are the people who kept asking for missiles to be brought back, the only opinion I've ever heard was that the T49a has pretty much broken the game for the duration of the event, I guess in every disaster there's always a group of people who learn to benefit from it.

I strongly disagree with calling the missiles a funky new mechanic that brings variety, you could say that about auto-reloaders but the missiles break the fundamental rules of the game.

I would really urge you to reconsider breaking the line-of-sight rule in Blitz, any other tank must expose itself, wait for the reticle to shrink (or risk almost certain missing) and go back into cover. If a tank can remain entirely hidden behind a ridge and just lob missiles it doesn't matter how difficult it is to guide them (and let's face it, players are getting very good at it very quickly now, sure there are some amoebas driving the average down but otherwise I can see some pretty good control), you can afford missing as you're never at risk of retaliation. Sure, you can be pushed and out-dpm'ed by meds but if you have some cover fire they won't be able to touch you.

I appreciate the need to collect a meaningful amount of data before making decisions but seriously hope that you can find a way of making those tanks more vulnerable and bring them in line with the overall game mechanics.

Thanks R.

copying and pasting this to every crier that says "they are balanced and a medium tank can out dpm you."

E-100 is love, E-100 is life          It's me.

DumbApe #14 Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28655 battles
  • [HRG]

I am not normally one to call for nerfs, buffs or bans.  The diversity of tanks and their range of abilities is one of the reasons Blitz stands out as a game.  We have had many tanks come in that ‘broke’ the game, but after a little time folks adjust and maybe tanks are tweaked a tad to effect what in the scheme of things are pretty minor changes.

What Replicant_2 is saying though does resonate with me... I have both these tanks and neither of these tanks suit me as I can’t play for toffee on an iPad and my desktop does not have a conventional mouse and my right hand has limited movement, so holding the tracking accurately is not at all easy!  I do like the tank when played with the standard gun/ammo, but feel happier with other T9&10’s mainly due to the reload speed.

I can understand why WG might want to add something ‘new’ like the missile mechanics, but sometimes new doesn’t mean better and just because something is challenging technically doesn’t make it worthwhile or good. I was just around when the the last missile event was run and it was frustrating as hell as a new player. Now with more experience, I appreciate just how clever the mechanics are, but am unconvinced they add anything for the majority of players.  I am more far more interested in seeing new maps, and game modes building on both the Mad and Realistic game variants.  I think this is type of development that would be less controversial and more commercial for WG.

Obviously, WG will he assessing the missile tanks and maybe they’ll be nerfed or the configuration changed, but I would urge efforts be concentrated not on a few gimmicks, but rather the whole game experience.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Grand_Tour #15 Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2418 battles
  • [SPURT]

The most fun I have had in T10 since all the meds were nerfed a few years back. Heavies and TDs are just soooooooo dull.

Not sure why so many are getting their knickers in a twist about the missiles though, like most you only fire 1% ATGMs as APCR is just fine on its own.

We all know ATGMs are very popular so expect ATGM premiums at eye watering prices in the store anytime soon, just after the tech tree ATGMs are nerfed.

K-e-r-c-h-i-n-g !

Edited by Grand_Tour, 24 January 2020 - 07:36 AM.

Replicant_2 #16 Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8112 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostGrand_Tour, on 24 January 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

The most fun I have had in T10 since all the meds were nerfed a few years back. Heavies and TDs are just soooooooo dull.

Not sure why so many are getting their knickers in a twist about the missiles though, like most you only fire 1% ATGMs as APCR is just fine on its own.

We all know ATGMs are very popular so expect ATGM premiums at eye watering prices in the store anytime soon, just after the tech tree ATGMs are nerfed.

K-e-r-c-h-i-n-g !

where do we start...

I know what you mean about expecting a missile prem sold at insame prices but that’s just business as usual.

Yes, unfair advantage is loads of fun. Kenny and Smasher are the funniest tanks in the history of the game. The A20 with 95mm HE pen was most fun there ever was in tier IV and so was the Charioteer pumping out 400 of guaranteed HE dmg every 5s.

You’re right in that the new lights are sufficiently broken in a conventional way but don’t dismiss the disastrous change that the missiles introduce.

Or put differently, have you ever been to a party where a group of lads had too much of the funny stuff and are having the time of their life trashing the place while everyone else is looking around embarrassed and slowly heading towards the door? Thats what tiers 8-10 are atm. 

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

RynnivaTykki #17 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 67040 battles
  • [KORPI]

View PostGrand_Tour, on 24 January 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

Ha. So you are a reroller in some new clan of rerollers playing against noobs in the sub-5k noob quota. No wonder it's fun in that very OP tank.

Why is your clan name "RenamedClan", btw?

Chairman_merpug #18 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49861 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostGrand_Tour, on 24 January 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

K-e-r-c-h-i-n-g !

I get where you're coming from, but the problem is that every nab is rushing to get one, resulting in many, many people with big shoes and baggy trousers screwing up in M41 and T49, who will soon have the missile tanks and suck in them, too. The playerbase loves big booms and doesn't care if they're useless - check the "Most played" list on Blitzstars. Any new line changes the meta, but this change is a bit too radical. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

_RagingRabbit_ #19 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles
  • [FTC-4]

Yep the event is already noticable. 4 losses in a row in RATING BATTLES with the worst team mates you can imagine. I'm not going to bother with the event if teams are this crap.

6 losses now. I'll probably catch a ban after this one because I raged at some bots going town on Middleburg.They deserved it though, what's so hard about "all up", I have no clue. 

Edited by _RagingRabbit_, 24 January 2020 - 12:26 PM.

RynnivaTykki #20 Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 67040 battles
  • [KORPI]
Why would people play ratings for a grinding event? The battles take longer and are harder to win. Does not make sense when you're in a hurry to get wins.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users