rocket everybody XM Sheridan T92e1 mods

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

I_AMADEUS_I #1 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44685 battles
  • [LC-]

Well as you know guys lots of people are just now like single voice. People hate the ATGM mechanics. All the famous Youtubers has released videos about it and we can see lots of negative opinions about this tanks and/or rocket mechanics on forum, youtube comment section, discord and so on.

If I would like to share my personal opinion about the tanks and mechanic, I would say that I don't give an A4 sheet. I don't have any problems with any kind of tank in the game.

Either I'm playing myself or I play against. It does not matter as I said.

But if people hates it, it's just about WG and them.

And also the thing I have to say is the Legendary Camouflage of XM551 Sheridan called "Sidewinder".

As you noticed or not, this camouflage is way different then the previous legendary camouflages in the game. It only selled by a pop-up offer and it costs 6000 gold.

And beside that, it's just a "3D Camouflage" which is like you are using an attachment and camouflage same time. That's the reason why it costs 6000 gold.

Let's say that people was not "HYPED" about the ATGM mechanic before it released. And just think that it's a "Different sale style" by Wargaming which is like "The camo looks perfect and the attachment is too. But if want them, U have to get them both."

Some of the people get it and some didn't. I'm totally OK w/ that.

But let's have a look at the camouflage.

Posted Image

When you look at it's name at first, it's "SIDEWINDER"

There's a disambiguation about this Word on wikipedia:

1-) The sidewinder (Crotalus cerastes), also known as the horned rattlesnake and sidewinder rattlesnake, is a venomous pit viper species belonging to the genus Crotalus (rattlesnakes) and is found in the desert regions of the southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico.

2-)The AIM-9 Sidewinder is a short-range air-to-air missile which entered service with the US Navy in 1956 and subsequently was adopted by the US Air Force in 1964.

It seems like the name of our camouflage is chosen by WG very carefully. Because the tank has the skills of both: Has a ROCKET and fast as a desert rattlesnake.

Let's continiue with the outlooking.

It's a greet looking camo which fulfils all aruond the tank with the colors of blue, red, white and grey. You also see the "YOU ARE NEXT" inscription at the front of the tank and some numbers on the sides and rear.

But above all of them we see 2 IMPORTANT things we look at the turret:

1-)A HUGE SPOTLIGHT

2-)A LASER WHICH REMINDS US THE AIMING SYSTEM OF THE ASSAULT RIFFLES CALLED "RED DOT SIGHT".

A-ha !

That is the whole story huh ? A tank which a good lookin camo. It can shoot rockets and it has a Huge Spotlight and also a Laser on his turret !

This story (The combination of the specifications and the outlooking of the tank) cost the players 6000 GOLDS.

And now we're hearing some rumors like the tank with his predecessor T92E1 gonna be removed or THE ROCKETS OF THESE VEHICLES gonna be removed.

Well I have to say that I paid the 6k gold for ROCKET FIRING SHERIDAN. And if they would be removed, I want my refund. Simple. It’s my right and also the players’ who got the camo as like as me.

I'm very curious the hear what you all precious members of that excellent forum and so on.

(P.S. : I hate discussing the people especially if they don't even clue about the topic what we are talkin at that moment. Remind it if you want to reply. Thank you ! )

Edited by I_AMADEUS_I, 11 February 2020 - 11:32 AM.

O_o__O_o__O_o #2 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43013 battles
  • [AFK]

i suck with the missiles however i dont mind them a lot when i play with heavy tanks IS tanks can bounce them easily with their sides

my problem with those tanks are armor not missiles

its funny how reliable it can be in bouncing 152mm shells after all those are light tanks with great speed 

keep in mind they will get nerf on damage, penetration and probably armor next update so the craze about them will die slowly

Replicant_2 #3 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9744 battles
  • [HRG]
Mind you, when you sell a tank you never get a compensation for the camo.
But that’s besides the point.
I do hope the missiles will be gone from the game as soon as possible, I’ve argued about it on discord, this is not a place to repeat the same arguments.
But there’s no need to remove the tanks, even more so, we need more well balanced mobile mods/lights in high tiers so it would be best if you could keep your tank but without the game breakin/killing mechanics that are missiles.
Interestingly , that laser pointer you mention suggests a line of sight optical missile guidance, nothing like that BS “nuke from space” rhat we have currently in the game.
finally, personally I think 6K for a warpaint is bonkers but have never been one to judge other people’s fetishes.

Edited by Replicant_2, 11 February 2020 - 11:52 AM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

I_C4NT_W1N_ #4 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46725 battles
  • [1--UK]
When I first started playing the game I was excited with the fact that you could play WW2 related tanks and drive them into historic battle scenarios..I understand modifications were needed but its a shame WG couldn't stick with that base and then run another WOTB but call it fantasy land

The_noble_Prinz #5 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10026 battles
  • [VALKR]

Sniper mode firing to control the ATGM and when you move to get behind cover you will lose control of the ATGM. The obvious gap seen in who fires these missiles are the ones who can fire behind cover get rid of that and force everyone to to stay exposed to get a good hit with the ATGM. I don't know if firing an ATGM dramatically reduces camo on these lights compared to firing an APCR/HE shell.

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

ponedelj #6 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15256 battles
  • [LV-S]
U are trolling? Right?
They will nerf the pen and alfa.
Rocket pen will be 310 and alfa 490
T92E1 lower plate will be 52mm
Ou and the pen will be 230 on gun...

It was everywhere.... U name it and there they posted a pic of that nerf...

Mjr_Leicht #7 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7415 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Me too, it was the WWII tanks that got me in to the game, I think they should just have the uprising mode available all the time and make that the only mode for the fantasy tanks like Dracyolo, Hellthing, Tankenstain, etc

Altho the missile tanks are an interesting one as the game does include cold war and prototypes and they are a real thing in the games time-line, development started late 50's and production mid 60's , although not very effective in RL...  So I guess we should also banish cold war tanks, T-62, Leopard etc to fantasy land? 

Re: the OP's post, I have the tier ix one, I'd never spend that much gold on an attachment and at the end of the day it's caveat emptor.  WG won't remove the tank or the missiles, they already said what the nerfs are gonna be on discord...

Edited by Mjr_Leicht, 11 February 2020 - 12:59 PM.

560273467.png

Replicant_2 #8 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9744 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postponedelj, on 11 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

U are trolling? Right?
They will nerf the pen and alfa.
Rocket pen will be 310 and alfa 490
T92E1 lower plate will be 52mm
Ou and the pen will be 230 on gun...

It was everywhere.... U name it and there they posted a pic of that nerf...

trouble is, this nerf doesn’t even begin to address the main issue: you can still sit behind a ridge and nuke reds from behind cover using the third person view.

sure less dmg but if you can hit for 490 and be guaranteed you won’t be shot back it’s a no-brainer.

Time to die.

Cornish_Dyowl #9 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36886 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostI_AMADEUS_I, on 11 February 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

Well I have to say that I paid the 6k gold for ROCKET FIRING SHERIDAN. And if they would be removed, I want my refund. Simple. It’s my right and also the players’ who got the camo as like as me.

Umm....no you didn’t. You paid the gold for the camo/attachment from a pop up offer in game.  I too have a “rocket firing Sheridan” without spending any gold. Nice try, but you won’t be getting a refund no matter how convoluted your reasoning.

I do agree, as do most, that these two new tanks are well overcooked and WG has already announced the proposed nerfs for the next update:

The only ‘news’ on removing the missiles has come from internet rumours. Nothing official yet, but give it a couple of updates and if they continue to corrupt the balance in tiers 8-10, expect further changes.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

I_AMADEUS_I #10 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44685 battles
  • [LC-]

View PostCornish_Dyowl, on 11 February 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Umm....no you didn’t. You paid the gold for the camo/attachment from a pop up offer in game.  I too have a “rocket firing Sheridan” without spending any gold. Nice try, but you won’t be getting a refund no matter how convoluted your reasoning.

I do agree, as do most, that these two new tanks are well overcooked and WG has already announced the proposed nerfs for the next update:

The only ‘news’ on removing the missiles has come from internet rumours. Nothing official yet, but give it a couple of updates and if they continue to corrupt the balance in tiers 8-10, expect further changes.

Well actually I try nothing.

It's not a freakin occasion like "I bought a legendary camo on of my tanks and after a while it nerfed cry cry cry ; ; ; (".

It's just totally different. It's not about nerf, it's about removing something, it's about changing the characteristics of a vehicle 180 degrees.

Imagine that you bought a boxer from the store which has a snake pic front it. 

Then you come home and WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK IS THAT ?!? The snake turns to a WORM ?!!?

THE THING YOU PAID FOR HAD A SNAKE PIC, NOT A WORM.

Got it ?

Replicant_2 #11 Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 9744 battles
  • [HRG]

Watch your blood pressure mate,
it’s a tech tree tank, anything can be done with it. You fell for a marketing trick, the joke’s on you.

Personally I can’t wait for the day when the sheridans will be “You’re first... back in the garage”

btw, compensating for a worm by buying shorts with a snake on the front is, well, weak. PMSL

Edited by Replicant_2, 11 February 2020 - 02:12 PM.

Time to die.

The_noble_Prinz #12 Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10026 battles
  • [VALKR]
I always assumed it was referencing to the Air to Air Missile. Never knew it was also a nickname for a species of Snake but yeah I can see why it can be both Vipers are nasty when you threaten them luckily the UK doesn't have to deal with snake bite victims unless you're handling them or for some reason own one (I know people love their exotic animals)  .  

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

Fugit555 #13 Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]
Alas Im not a mainstream YouTuber - but I didnt any negative views - oh then again Im not famous in anyway shape or form so it doesnt count

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

gallabru #14 Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17980 battles
  • [LAGER]

When/where did WG announce they were removing the ATGM mechanics or even the tanks ?

The tanks will be nerfed, nothing to complain about. This is a techtree tank, everyone knows that WG can (will) nerf or buff tanks after their first release (btw, would you accept a request for an additional price to keep the camo if the tank were buffed ?). In that respect, eventhough it never happened, even premium tanks can be nerfed.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

RicketyOldTank #15 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8331 battles
  • [PAT-I]
I originally didn't mind the missiles so much as I just wanted the spaced armour removed so I can obliterate them with my grosse duetsche kanone. I recently had a game where only our doom turtle and an enemy Sheridan were left. Our T95 was capping and had the Sheridan spotted. The Sheridan took cover and just lobbed missile after missile down on the T95. The game was drawn because the T95 managed to jiggle a few bounces.

But its wrong! Even TOW missiles require line of sight. But this thing is a javelin with its programmed flight trajectory.

WG have two options at this point. Take the missiles out or change the mechanic or face losing paying customers like me for pandering to whiny brats who probably don't spend a brass farthing on the game.

Speaking for myself, the purse strings are tightening.

Fugit555 #16 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]

Joking aside, there are few things that need to be considered with these tanks and alas since Bushka released his video yesterday that kind got even more tongues wagging.

Personally I dont have an issue with tanks like these, aside from the fact that the T92 is way too OP when facing Tier 8 tanks. The pen on both tanks is stupid but the alpha on the Tier 9 is just obscene. The shooting round corners is a pain and unlike Bushka the fact that other tanks dont have turret armour on the top doesnt mean the game was balanced around that, it means that in real life tanks dont have solid turret armour on the top. The main reason I am not overly impressed is due to the fact that Blitz is meant to be a game involving tanks between late 1930's and late 1950's. The Sheridan was developed in the 1950's but the missiles werent until the mid 1960's. I have no issue if WG turn the missiles into rockets however, because they are point and shoot rather than fling them around from behind rocks and that would also sit nicely with the Blitz time period. Other than that I am not of the opinion that they have broken the game and if that really is what people think then so be it - there are 7 other tiers that can be played where missile tanks dont feature. If however you are one of those who only play Tier X, then take it has a challenge after all Tier X is meant to be the top tier so missile tanks should be water off a ducks back...

PS they will be nerfed but not like we think - the missiles wont go I dont think nor will the missile mechanics; the armour profile, pen, alpha and mobility may change however

Edited by Fugit555, 11 February 2020 - 03:22 PM.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

Seal__McClubsky #17 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14784 battles
  • [HFORC]

I agree with OP that one could feel robbed of 6000 gold if the tank is nerfed into oblivion. 6000 gold is crazy to begin with, so I think anyone paying that amount takes a big risk. A nerf is always around the corner, especially with these new mechanics. That the nerf is happening so soon will only benefit the game. It is broken, pure and simple.

Guiding the rockets with line of sight only, or in sniper mode only, would be a solution to the problem. And nerfing the armour is needed as well. Today I shot the hull of the tier 9 T92 with my RU251, calibrated HE shell. For a whooping 32 splash damage. What a joke.

Fugit555 #18 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]

View PostSeal__McClubsky, on 11 February 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

I agree with OP that one could feel robbed of 6000 gold if the tank is nerfed into oblivion. 6000 gold is crazy to begin with, so I think anyone paying that amount takes a big risk. A nerf is always around the corner, especially with these new mechanics. That the nerf is happening so soon will only benefit the game. It is broken, pure and simple.

Guiding the rockets with line of sight only, or in sniper mode only, would be a solution to the problem. And nerfing the armour is needed as well. Today I shot the hull of the tier 9 T92 with my RU251, calibrated HE shell. For a whooping 32 splash damage. What a joke.

Thats the main issue - turn them from missiles to rockets, nerf the alpha, nerf the damage and that should solve the issue with these tanks - although I think the T92 needs more looking at because against Tier 8 it is a beast. Getting rid of them completely is a knee jerk reaction - they are not that OP and until some shows me a replay where these tanks are chalking up Ras medals against decent players then I am unconvinced they will destroy the game - some simple nerfs will solve the issue imho

I_C4NT_W1N_ #19 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46725 battles
  • [1--UK]
I feel the T92 is okay where it is I feel the Sheridan is the one they should be looking at as that is definately king of the beasts at tier 10 and makes me fear taking out my Leo 1 which Ii was so chuffed to get but not so sure now !!!

SirArthurStreebGreebling #20 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46092 battles
  • [VG]

A red-dot sight (otherwise known as an 'aim point' or 'reflex' sight) does not project a beam outwardly such as you see on the Sidewinder camo/attachment.  The red-dot simply projects a light from within the sight itself on to the lens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users