rocket everybody XM Sheridan T92e1 mods

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

gallabru #21 Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17980 battles
  • [LAGER]

If you also think about the gravemashers and other OP tier 7 premium tanks that can see tier 6, the pruning of tiers 1-4, there actually remains tier 5.

To me there have always been two distinct problems :

1/ the mechanics of firing around/above hard cover with automatic aim. This should not belong in blitz and it is easy to introduce a modification to force the missiles to be guided only with direct view to the target or in sniper mode to solve that (hopefull),

2/ the tanks themselves that are too strong. This last point is the usual nerf/buff routine of newly introduced techtree tanks. It can be painful over 1 or 2 patches but it is eventually fixed.

WG has refused to address separately these two points and is trying to find a way to fix both issues with the same tools making everyone unhappy. .

Edited by gallabru, 11 February 2020 - 03:37 PM.

My team stats in real time  : http://forum.wotblit...ats-repository/

Carlsberg clan family is recruiting. Contact us.

jonty_2014 #22 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72267 battles
  • [EMRS]
The Smasher is already unbalanced.

The missile tanks don’t seem to have a massive impact on the game, despite some superb players abusing the mechanic.

Just nerf the armour, pen & damage and disable aiming with the look around view.

Simple.

And stop panicking everyone.

Edited by jonty_2014, 11 February 2020 - 05:23 PM.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Cornish_Dyowl #23 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36886 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostI_AMADEUS_I, on 11 February 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Got it ?

No, I wasn’t gullible enough willing to spend 6k gold on a camo... ;)

...but seriously, you bought the “boxer” and painted it a different colour afterwards, at you own expense.  Why are you automatically entitled to a full refund for the paint job when you don’t like the “boxer” any more.

Anyway, don’t let me put you off trying to get a refund for the camo, just remember or post the reply here for our benefit. I’d be interested what WG make of your analogies.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

llo1 #24 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30343 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postjonty_2014, on 11 February 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

The Smasher is already unbalanced.

The missile tanks don’t seem to have a massive impact on the game, despite some superb players abusing the mechanic.

Just nerf the armour, pen & damage and disable aiming with the look around view.

Simple.

And stop panicking everyone.

I have only met a couple of tanks that actually resorted to using the missiles, one of which hit, one I avoided....so personally don’t have too much against the usage of the missiles, but a jonty_2014 (and others) have said..line of sight only (ROCKETS in other words),..limit the pen, and reduce the alpha accordingly.....

Then see what the actual results over time show!

Fugit555 #25 Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]
Totally agree with jonty_2014 and IIo1 - there seems to be a bit of a panic surrounding these tanks and in fairness YT doesnt help either. For the average player and trust me the majority of the player is average, these tanks are not some super duper you are guaranteed to win type of tank. Ok, HisRoyalFatness can throw missiles all over the place and get obscene damage, but so far the top damage in the Sheridan is 8.8k which is equal to the Obj 263 but less than the VK72 and thats with this massive pen and alpha damage it comes in at 27th out of 40 tanks in Tier X. The T92 sits in 17th out of 34 with a top dmg of 8k. Both these tanks are therefore average in that respect. WR according to blitzstars is 55% for both tanks with the Sheridan having an average dmg of 2300 and the T92 1700. These are not breaking the game as much as we think, we just dont like them - simple as that really

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

ponedelj #26 Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15256 battles
  • [LV-S]

View PostReplicant_2, on 11 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

trouble is, this nerf doesn’t even begin to address the main issue: you can still sit behind a ridge and nuke reds from behind cover using the third person view.

sure less dmg but if you can hit for 490 and be guaranteed you won’t be shot back it’s a no-brainer.

.... If u did not know there is "mod" (yes in good old days they called them "cheats" or "hacks" nav they call them "mod") where u can see thru objects... And also as i understand there is some mod where u can see fm top so ... To aim the damn rocket becomes quite easy... So there is chance that with new update the "mods" could/will also be banned. 

jylpah #27 Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22384 battles
  • [AFK]
Let's give WG some time to balance the ATGM mechanics and decide only after few iterations whether the mechanics works or not. I just do not want any "arty" mechanic in the game where some can just sit back and shoot. So far no big issues with missiles although some nerfing is needed.

BlitzAnalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Just_merpug #28 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52551 battles
  • [AFK]
Now that they're not just played by obsessive unicums, but also by the second wave of nabs, they're less scary. Still too much armour, though. And how do they fit that many 152mm shells, plus rockets, in such a small tank and still have room for an engine, never mind crew.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Titus_Scato #29 Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 11 February 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

Now that they're not just played by obsessive unicums, but also by the second wave of nabs, they're less scary. Still too much armour, though. And how do they fit that many 152mm shells, plus rockets, in such a small tank and still have room for an engine, never mind crew.

IMO, WG should nerf the 152 mm gun by removing its APCR shells, and cutting its ammo capacity in half.

In return, missile and HE alpha could be buffed a little if necessary.

romsitsa #30 Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 51059 battles
  • [VG]

Even if the vehicle would be removed, the camo will remain in your inventory. 6k well spent.

A

Mjr_Eazy #31 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31984 battles
  • [BT_SV]

They already announced nerfs in 6.8...

Personally other than the armour and maybe reduce shell capacity I think they’re fine...

People should calm down as the stats say in reality they’re average really...

I know it’s different on mobile, dunno about PC but on Mac you need LOS to have a cat in hells chance of hitting anything round a bend/over an object...

I can’t believe WG have listened to all the crying and nerfed em in next release

547146227.png

SMERSH_T #32 Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34313 battles
  • [EU]

View PostRicketyOldTank, on 11 February 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

.... I just wanted the spaced armour removed so I can obliterate them with my grosse duetsche kanone. ...

Zis wuld do ze trick:

Fugit555 #33 Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]

I said this in another post on a similar topic:

Wow, there is so much hate - never seen so much hate towards  tanks before, well not on this level at least. The hate is so palpable that almost all the well known CC's are now churning out vids telling WG to get rid of the tanks - there is even a poll where 1120 (approximately 5% of the overall player base across all servers) are saying they should be removed - a rather concerted effort to get a reversal its even got the stage whereby the latest vid I saw states that if we dont see the issue then we are effectively stupid - wow Brexit talk in Blitz- but why?

Well its not just the missiles from what I can tell - its everything about these tanks - the armour, the mobility, the pen, the dmg and yes the darn missiles. Now I have always said that the pen values are too high, but I have had time to reflect somewhat. I think the missile system, whilst difficult, is too much. Having a missile that you can throw over things is neither realistic or right - and yes I know this isnt a tank sim per se but its kind of one is it not? Even the Milan Anti-Tank Missile, which is modern(ish) cant do that because its wire guided - ah but these are not wire guided - ok fine - then its like the Hellfire which is laser guided and still requires someone to place the damn laser on the target and have a kind of line of sight. What this missile system has is something most armies would die for - a missile that is so versatile that you dont need line of sight at all and it will literally go up and over rocks! Now in real life the likes of the Milan, Javelin etc cant do such a thing - yes it can destroy the bloody rock, but not do some form of ballet dance around it.

Then we have the dmg it kicks out - lets forget the missile at the moment, but the APCR on both tanks is overcooked - 700 top end alpha on a light tank is just daft and once coupled with the high pen values it makes them rather silly indeed. What about the spaced armour I hear you ask, well spaced armour exists and I have no real issue with that - armour is armour, spaced or otherwise.

So do these tanks need to be removed? Hell no they do not, but they need to be reworked. The missile system needs to change to line of sight only or changed to rockets - either way the system should fire like a conventional round. If that were to happen then the pen values on the missile can stay, because the velocity etc of the missile does increase pen, but the values on the APCR needs to be nerfed. If the missile system is not reworked to be line of sight, then the load times need to be increased to that of the Deathstar and the pen and the dmg needs to be decreased considerably, along with the effective range. I see no reason to dump the tanks completely, just rework them with sensible nerf's

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

llo1 #34 Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30343 battles
  • [1RTR]

I know that this Blitz is not a “realistic” game as such, but in addition to the comments people have made above with reference to the missiles/APCR and pen......it’s supposed to be a “light” tank.....therefore enabling a serious quantity of large calibre shells (and missiles) will require a large space.

There is also the fact that a large quantity of anything will increase the weight of the tank significantly....therefore it will cease to be a light tank......or alternatively the engine would have to practically be increased....to maintain the speed of the light tank....again this massive engine would also require space...and add weight......so unless it’s an unmanned auto loading “multi trick pony” none of which would work....so a failure all round from WG

The number of large calibre shells should also be limited....either that or limit the size of the calibre...which would then remove the missiles completely, the large calibre/ large damage APCR would also go and the tanks would be more of the “light” tank with a pew pew gun that either had small calibre high pen, small dmg variety( Littlepard) or a slightly higher calibre with moderate pen and moderate damage (Vk28 type). All three of which would be more acceptable that the current incarnation.

Fugit555 #35 Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29117 battles
  • [ZNTH]

View Postllo1, on 12 February 2020 - 06:09 AM, said:

I know that this Blitz is not a “realistic” game as such, but in addition to the comments people have made above with reference to the missiles/APCR and pen......it’s supposed to be a “light” tank.....therefore enabling a serious quantity of large calibre shells (and missiles) will require a large space.

There is also the fact that a large quantity of anything will increase the weight of the tank significantly....therefore it will cease to be a light tank......or alternatively the engine would have to practically be increased....to maintain the speed of the light tank....again this massive engine would also require space...and add weight......so unless it’s an unmanned auto loading “multi trick pony” none of which would work....so a failure all round from WG

The number of large calibre shells should also be limited....either that or limit the size of the calibre...which would then remove the missiles completely, the large calibre/ large damage APCR would also go and the tanks would be more of the “light” tank with a pew pew gun that either had small calibre high pen, small dmg variety( Littlepard) or a slightly higher calibre with moderate pen and moderate damage (Vk28 type). All three of which would be more acceptable that the current incarnation.

I agree, rework the tanks - simple. I see no reason to dump the tanks out of the game completely and I see no reason for all the hate - just get them reworked - let them settle in, along with allowing the player base to learn how to counter them, then nerf them.

Mjr_Eazy #36 Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31984 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I don’t get it, on the one hand the stats show they are good but, on the other people want em nerfed to oblivion...

Change is hard, but people really need to get a sense of perspective, they’re OP in good players hands but that is true of every tank...

The missiles are fine, just as annoying as hell like a deathstar, I do agree the armour could do with a nerf and maybe number of missiles but that’s it, it’s nice to have a light tank like Littlepard, VK28, LTTB, T49 that can do their bit in ix and x...

People whine about static boring game play in high tiers then WG do something about it then they whine it’s broken, sheeesh, people...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 12 February 2020 - 07:23 AM.

547146227.png

Seal__McClubsky #37 Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14784 battles
  • [HFORC]

Dear Fugit555,

You are a bit creative with the truth here...That’s ok, it is a forum where people can voice opinions, it is not a newspaper. What do I mean, you ask? You say 5% of Blitz population said in a poll the tanks should be removed, suggestion it is not representative. How many people heard of the poll, or have access to it? The way you approach these numbers is incorrect.

Then your numbers on the tanks, especially T92, are incorrect again. Average damage is 1900,not 1700, highest of all lights and mediums in tier 9. If you check Blitzstars, the tank is highest in all stats, except only the winrate in the Standard B and Amx 30 proto are slightly higher. But in all other stats, average damage, damage ratio, even survival rate (for a light compared to mediums!) the T92 is leading the board. So yes, it needs a nerf. At least there we agree.

Seal__McClubsky #38 Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14784 battles
  • [HFORC]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 12 February 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

I don’t get it, on the one hand the stats show they are distinctly average*, on the other people want em nerfed to oblivion...

Change is hard, but people really need to get a sense of perspective, they’re OP in good players hands but that is true of every tank...

The missiles are fine, just as annoying as hell like a deathstar, I do agree the armour could do with a nerf and maybe number of missiles but that’s it, it’s nice to have a light tank like Littlepard, VK28, LTTB, T49 that can do their bit in ix and x...

People whine about static boring game play in high tiers then WG do something about it then they whine it’s broken, sheeesh, people...

*Update: I did a tank compare they’re actually way below average for the tier ix!  It’s bottom 3 for WR, 2nd bottom for average damage, bottom 5 for average dmg & dmg ratio out of 13!

like i said above, stats are way above average. Check out tank compare on Blitzstars.

Mjr_Eazy #39 Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31984 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostSeal__McClubsky, on 12 February 2020 - 07:11 AM, said:

like i said above, stats are way above average. Check out tank compare on Blitzstars.

You beat me to it, corrected it as I realised I’d cocked the compare up :facepalm:. Still don’t think they need the ridiculous nerfs proposed or removing, personally I’m really happy they’ve made life hell for TD and heavy campers and stand by my original comment, people wanted something done about static & boring game play in top tiers, WG have done it!  People should happy not crying!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 12 February 2020 - 07:28 AM.

547146227.png

Seal__McClubsky #40 Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14784 battles
  • [HFORC]
If I look at an earlier poll here on the forums, an my own experience, tier 9 was the most balanced and most fun of all tiers. Ruined by the introduction of the T92. I cannot speak for tier X and the Sheridan, I don’t have a lot of experience in it. I feel more comfortable in tier 9 than 10. Until 6.7...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users