Where to check Player Stats like WN8 or WN7. Which is correct?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Senturion89 #1 Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

Hello Friends,

I am a new comer to this game. I learnt about something called WN8 and WN7 which are actual stats of a player apart from the Win Rate (which I think, is really useless as it depends upon the team that plays).

So my question is where can I find the correct and trustworthy WN8 and WN7 values of players, including mine ofcourse.

Many Thanks,

Senturion89

SirArthurStreebGreebling #2 Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46571 battles
  • [VG]

Hi Senturion89 and welcome to the forum.

Try:

https://www.blitzstars.com/

HTH!

Jim

O_o__O_o__O_o #3 Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44872 battles
  • [AFK]

for blitzstars make sure you check your name daily for best calculations

you can also try https://blitztankstats.com/ 

has more info about your account and some nice challenges

Edited by O_o__O_o__O_o, 11 February 2020 - 04:53 PM.

Senturion89 #4 Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View PostSirArthurStreebGreebling, on 11 February 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hi Senturion89 and welcome to the forum.

Try:

https://www.blitzstars.com/

HTH!

Jim

Many Thanks,

The data is too much.. How do we understand if I am actually good or bad. I searched my name "Senturion89" and got a whole page of data and stickers.

SirArthurStreebGreebling #5 Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46571 battles
  • [VG]

Look under the Period Stats.

This gives your WN7 & 8 for the last 30, 60 and 90 days as well as 'Career'. Also gives other metrics based on the same time periods.

Senturion89 #6 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View PostO_o__O_o__O_o, on 11 February 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

for blitzstars make sure you check your name daily for best calculations

you can also try https://blitztankstats.com/ 

has more info about your account and some nice challenges

Thanks, again lot of data. But I will Go for BlitzStats. It looks attractive :P. But why to check daily? The Stats change on daily basis?

View PostSirArthurStreebGreebling, on 11 February 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Look under the Period Stats.

This gives your WN7 & 8 for the last 30, 60 and 90 days as well as 'Career'. Also gives other metrics based on the same time periods.

I checked my WN8. It says "2437 Great" ion blue. How to improve that?

Edited by Senturion89, 11 February 2020 - 05:06 PM.

Gentleman_l8astard #7 Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11244 battles
  • [ALBA]

Check stats daily to see improvement between tanks, tank classes and tiers depending on what it is you are playing.  Also the stats update roughly every 24 hours so they can change noticeably from day to day.

WN8 is a complex and fairly arbitrary number that is produced by comparison of your damage delt to other players damage delt.  It’s a lot deeper than that but in a nutshell more damage done means a better WN8.  It can be padded (inflated) by playing lower tiers and producing high damage for that tier over what the average is (stat padding and seal clubbing).  At the higher tiers it can still be padded, but it’s a little more difficult to do.  It should be noted that WN8 is intended to be determined by large samples (many games over time) and not on a game by game basis.

It’s best to not take any one stat at face value and look at the overall picture.  Your period Win Rate/WN8/average damage/tier played/ect as compared to your overall (career) stats.  Period stats will vary day to day and career stats will reflect the “averages” of those various changes.  It’s useful t make note of your survival rate (meaning how many games you survive till the end) and if it is low you are getting killed to early and depending on the team to carry you.  Each stat has a meaning, like Damage per Battle and Hits per Battle, and again should be looked at as a range rather than a rule.

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 11 February 2020 - 05:34 PM.

llo1 #8 Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31047 battles
  • [1RTR]

Slight amendment to what Gentleman_l8astard says....survival rate doesn’t simply mean that if it is low, you are dying too soon and relying on teammates to carry, simply you could be doing the majority of the damage, and then it is down to the rest of your team not performing equally....as in the majority of my games....I am either top scorer/second top scorer and regularly first dead!.......your team are simply not performing at that tier and in those tanks....

Just make sure that you follow the trends and don’t dwell on individual day results.....anyone can have an off day or off period!

Senturion89 #9 Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View Postllo1, on 11 February 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

Slight amendment to what Gentleman_l8astard says....survival rate doesn’t simply mean that if it is low, you are dying too soon and relying on teammates to carry, simply you could be doing the majority of the damage, and then it is down to the rest of your team not performing equally....as in the majority of my games....I am either top scorer/second top scorer and regularly first dead!.......your team are simply not performing at that tier and in those tanks....

Just make sure that you follow the trends and don’t dwell on individual day results.....anyone can have an off day or off period!

OH MY GOD!!! I FEEL EXACTLY HOW YOU HAVE MENTIONED in this... Lost 7 consecutive battles due to ill performing teams. My max tier is 5. I play the Wolverine and Leopard mostly. I deal damage as much as I can and its close to 1000 most of the times... But lose when teams are full of bots. My recent game was a tier 6 battle with me scoring the 2nd place and team did nothing.. Courtesy, a T34 which believed in non violence and did not fire even if the low heath Churchill was exposing his sides to him... BAS [edited].

Edited by Senturion89, 11 February 2020 - 08:30 PM.

llo1 #10 Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31047 battles
  • [1RTR]

Senturian, WG don’t like name and shame, simply remove names before posting, 

I would edit your original post quite quickly, otherwise the moderators will get involved!

Just_merpug #11 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 54405 battles
  • [AFK]
You're a good player, so far. Decent number of Aces so far, decent winrate and blue WN8. The "bots" are simply players who lack your skill and awareness. Expect them everywhere. Except they get bigger guns in higher tiers. Hellcat is like Wolverine, but faster and less well armoured.
Don't let the muppets get to you. If the battle looks like a clown show, quit when you die, don't watch the clusterfeck endgame, it's much better for your blood pressure.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Tijgerhaai_XIV #12 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12374 battles
  • [ALBA]

Take a deep breath. Think about puppies, and happy days spent with your nearest and dearest. Find your happy place.

You are on a precipice, teetering above the looming abyss of the dark side. The side of the game where noobs ruin everything for you, every game you should have won, you see rigging and cheating at every corner preventing you from achieving your deserved unicum status and the love of all mankind. Anyone with better stats than you is cheating, favoured and horrible and ugly to boot.

But all is not lost. You still have time to realise that the games are randomly set up. Some will be completely unbalanced and most will be ok. Try not to focus on the egregious examples but concentrate on analysing your own performance and what you can do to improve. Don't become a victim, unable to improve because it is all that noob in the T34's fault and the matchmaker, and the RNG generator that cheats. Take responsibility for your own performance and accept that it will not always be enough to win a game. There are just too many variables. Wear big boy pants and take defeat with the same grace as victory.

Your WR over time is pretty much your best indicator of how well you are playing - though that includes what tank, tier, etc,. but just don't stress it. As they say, a watched stat never improves. 

The Blitz is strong in this one, don't let the talent go to waste.

Senturion89 #13 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View Postllo1, on 11 February 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

Senturian, WG don’t like name and shame, simply remove names before posting, 

I would edit your original post quite quickly, otherwise the moderators will get involved!

Many thanks :) i removed pics....

View PostChairman_merpug, on 11 February 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

You're a good player, so far. Decent number of Aces so far, decent winrate and blue WN8. The "bots" are simply players who lack your skill and awareness. Expect them everywhere. Except they get bigger guns in higher tiers. Hellcat is like Wolverine, but faster and less well armoured.
Don't let the muppets get to you. If the battle looks like a clown show, quit when you die, don't watch the clusterfeck endgame, it's much better for your blood pressure.

I will be mindful of your suggestion :) Many Thanks!

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 11 February 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Take a deep breath. Think about puppies, and happy days spent with your nearest and dearest. Find your happy place.

You are on a precipice, teetering above the looming abyss of the dark side. The side of the game where noobs ruin everything for you, every game you should have won, you see rigging and cheating at every corner preventing you from achieving your deserved unicum status and the love of all mankind. Anyone with better stats than you is cheating, favoured and horrible and ugly to boot.

But all is not lost. You still have time to realise that the games are randomly set up. Some will be completely unbalanced and most will be ok. Try not to focus on the egregious examples but concentrate on analysing your own performance and what you can do to improve. Don't become a victim, unable to improve because it is all that noob in the T34's fault and the matchmaker, and the RNG generator that cheats. Take responsibility for your own performance and accept that it will not always be enough to win a game. There are just too many variables. Wear big boy pants and take defeat with the same grace as victory.

Your WR over time is pretty much your best indicator of how well you are playing - though that includes what tank, tier, etc,. but just don't stress it. As they say, a watched stat never improves. 

The Blitz is strong in this one, don't let the talent go to waste.

Okay, understood. I note it. Many Thanks!

spongebob_poopypants #14 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 411 battles
  • [EFOFF]
So you're in a clan with 35 members that averages 71% wr and you're saying you have no idea where to see your stats? Um ok.

Gentleman_l8astard #15 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11244 battles
  • [ALBA]

View Postllo1, on 11 February 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

Perfect example to my point.  Stats can say a lot of things both individually and as a whole, and why it's important to look at them objectively.  Good point lol, and I wasn't trying to imply he is getting killed early ((didn't look at his stats, cuz IDC) but it could be one interpretation.

View PostSenturion89, on 11 February 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

OH MY GOD!!! I FEEL EXACTLY HOW YOU HAVE MENTIONED in this... Lost 7 consecutive battles due to ill performing teams. My max tier is 5. I play the Wolverine and Leopard mostly. I deal damage as much as I can and its close to 1000 most of the times... But lose when teams are full of bots. My recent game was a tier 6 battle with me scoring the 2nd place and team did nothing.. Courtesy, a T34 which believed in non violence and did not fire even if the low heath Churchill was exposing his sides to him... BAS [edited].

We all know the feeling.  Keep doing your best bud, and most importantly remember, it's just a game.  If it's not fun you are doing it wrong.

View Postspongebob_poopypants, on 12 February 2020 - 12:08 AM, said:

So you're in a clan with 35 members that averages 71% wr and you're saying you have no idea where to see your stats? Um ok.

So?  It seems like his English is passable good but not his mother language, perhaps he is in an English (or another language) clan and shy to ask.

Senturion89 #16 Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 12 February 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

Perfect example to my point.  Stats can say a lot of things both individually and as a whole, and why it's important to look at them objectively.  Good point lol, and I wasn't trying to imply he is getting killed early ((didn't look at his stats, cuz IDC) but it could be one interpretation.

We all know the feeling.  Keep doing your best bud, and most importantly remember, it's just a game.  If it's not fun you are doing it wrong.

So?  It seems like his English is passable good but not his mother language, perhaps he is in an English (or another language) clan and shy to ask.

You are correct about everything you spoke here. Many Thanks :) 

View Postspongebob_poopypants, on 11 February 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

What is the relationship of clan to this question? And yes, English is not my mother tongue/language. And to slap your show off nature, I have asked this same question in the clan. One member guided me to the BlitzStars website as well. However, I had got a reply here earlier than the clan's response because no one was online.

A humble suggestion: Try helping people without being an absolute J*RK. Try earning respect when you interact with new players like us instead of being egoistic or show off and pooping in your pants, as your name suggests. 

Gentleman_l8astard #17 Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11244 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostSenturion89, on 12 February 2020 - 06:55 AM, said:

You are correct about everything you spoke here. Many Thanks :) 

What is the relationship of clan to this question? And yes, English is not my mother tongue/language. And to slap your show off nature, I have asked this same question in the clan. One member guided me to the BlitzStars website as well. However, I had got a reply here earlier than the clan's response because no one was online.

A humble suggestion: Try helping people without being an absolute J*RK. Try earning respect when you interact with new players like us instead of being egoistic or show off and pooping in your pants, as your name suggests. 

You are welcome.  Also welcome to the forum, as you can see some want to help, others just want to troll.  Nature of the beast but if you stick around long enough you will learn to recognize one from the other.

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33186 battles
  • [BT_SV]

In my case I like to help but I do like to troll ;)

Welcome to the forums OP and GL!

One thing I found the forum really helpful with was when I struggled in a tank, I had a look at my stats, posted some replays and asked for advice on what to do to improve, that helped, I’m still bad now but at least not totally useless, some of the time.

547146227.png

Senturion89 #19 Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1196 battles
  • [ETHOS]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 12 February 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

In my case I like to help but I do like to troll ;)

Welcome to the forums OP and GL!

One thing I found the forum really helpful with was when I struggled in a tank, I had a look at my stats, posted some replays and asked for advice on what to do to improve, that helped, I’m still bad now but at least not totally useless, some of the time.

Many thanks for the wishes :) I know, I play tanks with paper armor and i die quickly. But i make sure the damage is dealt before my death so that team can do remaining part of their job.

Also, I learned that you can buy tanks from "CRATES". What are such crates?

Edited by Senturion89, 12 February 2020 - 02:38 PM.

SirArthurStreebGreebling #20 Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46571 battles
  • [VG]

View PostSenturion89, on 12 February 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Many thanks for the wishes :) I know, I play tanks with paper armor and i die quickly. But i make sure the damage is dealt before my death so that team can do remaining part of their job.

Also, I learned that you can buy tanks from "CRATES". What are such crates?

Crates are a highly controversial subject.  You'll see them in the store in the game client.  Basically, you can buy a number of crates (currently the tier 10 T-22 Medium is available).  A single crate costs 2,000 gold and when you open the crate, you only have a 5% chance of getting the tank; the remainder is made up of free XP, boosters and so on.

It's basically gambling.  You could buy 100 crates and still not get the tank.  

Usually the tank will be available for currency a few months down the line.  It may still be expensive (price usually depends on tier; the higher the tier, the higher the cost) but at least you get it!

Have a look at some of Stubbo's threads.  He evaluates all the tanks which come up for sale (crates or currency) and works out if the cost is good value or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users